It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
bler144: Now that FB has paved the way, I'm holding out for the GOG dating app.

Though Steam will probably build one first and then GOG will follow.
Ophelium: The shipping possibilities astound me. I'll probably be paired with a nes alt.
♪ Tauto and Ophelium, sitting on a tree... ♫
gamesfreak64: ... Opt out ? as long as they dont auto download/install the galaxy client when starting the setup i'm okay...
It would be wrong if the client got installed by default if you don't tick off the square during install . meaning the button is ticked and client will be autoinstalled unless you click it of....

Basically that would be forbidden, with a flashplayer update download you will see a text warning you that extras will be installed like Mcaffee antivirus and or other extra garbage stuff Adobe affiliaites with. ...
I'm not 100% sure anymore but I think that was exactly how they introduced the feature.
gamesfreak64: ... Opt out ? as long as they dont auto download/install the galaxy client when starting the setup i'm okay...
It would be wrong if the client got installed by default if you don't tick off the square during install . meaning the button is ticked and client will be autoinstalled unless you click it of....

Basically that would be forbidden, with a flashplayer update download you will see a text warning you that extras will be installed like Mcaffee antivirus and or other extra garbage stuff Adobe affiliaites with. ...
Trilarion: I'm not 100% sure anymore but I think that was exactly how they introduced the feature.
Thanks for the reply, i will download a few games and install them to see what i come with :D

one game change log: i will check the setup , cloud saves seems new (steam loves it i dont)

The Dagger of Amon Ra
Downloads Changelog
Internal Update (23 April 2018)

[WIN] updated builds with ScummVM 2.0
enabled Cloud Saves support

NOTICE: saves are now stored in a separate subfolder. If updating an already installed game, it might be necessary to move already existing saves to the game's SAVES subfolder.

EDIT: classic installer is still okay

check attachment: amonra.png
Attachments:
amonra.png (91 Kb)
Post edited May 03, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
Trilarion: Together with the crapware bundling installers, and even though they always rowed back after some time, my trust in GOG is gone. I don't think they are the good guys anymore and I don't expect them to do good things in the future.
Gersen: It's not "crapware" it's they own client it's not like they bundle real spyware or bitcoin miners; that there are very valid reason for wanting a version without it (i.e. because of bandwidth or storage reasons) is one thing, but it doesn't make it any sore "crapware / spyware" or whatever.
Sorry for butting in here, but this is hard to ignore. Even if it's not malware code, it is a program encroaching its way into my computer. I am opposed to that right from the start: it's my computer, and if there is going to be any software on it it should be by my decision alone. This thought is completely aligned with DRM-Freeness because the power is with us the customers.

I am not opposed to Galaxy as if it was the "incarnation of evil". I even installed it in one of my computers to check out its features, which is why when I had a profile anyone could see I have a few hours into two or three games. But that installation was a conscious decision, not pushed behind my back.
When they try to push Galaxy in some "covert" installation it feels like they have something to hide. Like they are trying to sneak past inattentive or unaware customers who wouldn't want Galaxy in their systems if they knew otherwise. Tell me how this looks anything like a store that values their customers behaves.

Edit: Damn typos!
Post edited May 03, 2018 by joppo
high rated
Trilarion: I'm not 100% sure anymore but I think that was exactly how they introduced the feature.
That's exactly what they did. They hid it in the installers and hid the option to disable it, which was checked by default.
Gersen: It's not "crapware" it's they own client it's not like they bundle real spyware or bitcoin miners; that there are very valid reason for wanting a version without it (i.e. because of bandwidth or storage reasons) is one thing, but it doesn't make it any sore "crapware / spyware" or whatever.
joppo: Sorry, for butting in here, but this hard to ignore. Even if it's not malware code, it is a program encroaching its way into my computer. I am opposed to that right from the start: it's my computer, and if there is going to be any software on it it should be by my decision alone. This thought is completely aligned with DRM-Freeness because the power is with us the customers.

I am not opposed to Galaxy as the "incarnation of evil". I even installed it in one of my computers to check out its features, which is why when I had a profile anyone could see I have a few hours into two or three games. But that installation was a conscious decision, not pushed behind my back.
Besides, when they try to push Galaxy in some "covert" installation it feels like they have something to hide. Like they are trying to sneak past inattentive or unaware customers who wouldn't want Galaxy in their systems if they knew otherwise. Tell me how this looks anything like a store that values their customers behaves.
I dont mind if people like the Galaxy client or any gamesclient for that matter, i'm glad many seem to like it and like how it works, personally i don't favor clients , old time gamer like to manually install things instead of configging a client so it can most of its work byitself is not my style, besides mindless clicking doesnt keep the brain fit, doing things manually instead of mindless clicking requires your attention thats what stimulates the brain.

I assume most of the users have seen Charlie Chaplin in "Modern Times"
i wan't to keep my braincells stimulated thats why i install games manually
i don't automate things like installing clients that will do auto checkups and installations.
tinyE: No luck.
I went through all 900+ game forums for what I own. I must have missed something.
kbnrylaec: You should trust GOG, they always write buggy codes and provide buggy notification.
And the purple dot is not even a notification...
In defense to GOG i have to say that Steam is also extremly buggy :D
manytimes features dont work properly and ( client restart time)

Many times bought games do not show when you go to the store of a game or search for it, your list should show that games are in your library , often they dont show so you have to check your library.

Steam seems to be updating everyday at least 2 or 3 times, that shows how buggy it is, they also put more stuff in it, client gets bigger , needs more updates, hogs, lags, etc etc etc... its a virtuous circle except this one is not
beneficial :D

Anyway clients require too much updates, maintenance and you generally 'trade' one bug for more new bugs, the more lines a code has the more problems you can get.

darn typoos :D and double letters .... (lets hope there aren't any left )

tinyE: No luck.
I went through all 900+ game forums for what I own. I must have missed something.
kbnrylaec: You should trust GOG, they always write buggy codes and provide buggy notification.
And the purple dot is not even a notification...
What purple dot ? Is the dot with the client or on the website?
gamesfreak64: its a virtuous circle except this one is not
That's called a downward spiral.
high rated
paladin181: HAHAHAHAHAHA Equating banking information with a profile on a games store...
Gaming habits sometimes tell more about a personality than a bank account.
Gersen: That's called a downward spiral.
The term you're both looking for is "vicious circle".
Post edited May 03, 2018 by puviani
Gersen: Well except there is no such thing here, knowing that somebody own 100 games doesn't gives you any financial information; and it doesn't tell you that this person spent twice the amount of money than somebody only owning 50.

If all the games were the same price and were never part of sale then yes it would be a linear relationship, but here games can vary from 1$- to 80$+, you have gifts, free games, regional pricing, sales. Knowing how many games somebody owns, even knowing which one he owns doesn't gives you any real info about the amount of money he spent. (e.g. somebody owning 100 games he bought full price might have spent a lot more money than somebody owning 300 he only bought on sales)
puviani: Scale doesn't matter. The fact that you bought 100 of something is confidential financial information, regardless of whether or not you know the price. It's not subject to debate. That's the law in every developed nation in the world. Companies are not allowed to divulge anything about customer transactions without the customer's consent. Period.
Actually I think that's changing down here, but don't quote me on that.
I know that companies are allowed to divulge and share more than they were a year and a half ago, but I'm not sure exactly to what extent and I don't want to get nailed for inaccuracies.
Post edited May 03, 2018 by tinyE
puviani: The term you're both looking for is "vicious circle".
Fair enough. :):D
eiii: Gaming habits sometimes tell more about a personality than a bank account.
Depending on the degree of gaming habits revealed. If you know I've purchased certain games, you know what I may like. But if you don't know which ones I'm actually playing... well you know nothing Jon Snow.

Just like this post. I'm not a big fan of Shadowrun on PC (or HBS at all the dirty jerks), nor am I a Game of Thrones fan. But one might very well assume either of those things before this paragraph. Assumptions aren't always right.
Post edited May 03, 2018 by paladin181
toxicTom: So... who are the majority of the customers, and why are they here? If not for DRM-free?
The silent non-foruming non-hypersensitive majority of the customers, the blues point out, are super happy with the social gaming devices that require internet connexion (logging time, achievements). Of course maybe some of them give a great importance to also being able to play without these features. But I doubt the vast majority of them feel very concerned about the ability to play disconnected.
paladin181: That's called a downward spiral.
Ah, thanks for the explanation : "downward spiral" , another word added to my vocabulary.
high rated
Telika: The silent non-foruming non-hypersensitive majority of the customers, the blues point out, are super happy with the social gaming devices that require internet connexion (logging time, achievements).
Time logging and achievement can be done offline (and are, if Galaxy is disconnected). Just just can't brag with them...

But that aside... if the "silent non-foruming non-hypersensitive majority of the customers" didn't come here for DRM-free, what then for? Why not just use Steam, when they have (by large) the bigger catalogue, better prices, more reliable infrastructure and website tools?

If you choose one store over another, you must have a reason for it. Esp. since most people seem to try to keep their libraries to as few places as possible.