It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
toxicTom: It's next on my RPG todo list. Would you recommend mods, or playing it vanilla?
You may want to invest in a headshot mod. I needed one because any game where a sniper rifle or shotgun (at close range) headshot isn't an instakill is just *Blows raspberries*
paladin181: You may want to invest in a headshot mod. I needed one because any game where a sniper rifle or shotgun (at close range) headshot isn't an instakill is just *Blows raspberries*
I "headshot" hundreds of enemies in FO3 without any mod. Did they change the combat system?

PS: see my profile ;-)
Post edited May 12, 2018 by toxicTom
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is absolutely a sequel to the first two that honors them and what made them special in every way.
Does it mean that it goes back to "vaults were a disaster because human bureaucrats are dumb as hell" instead of Fallout3's "the vaults absurdities were deliberate social experiments perfectly designed by a formidably efficient conspiration" ?
FO3 was one where I had that problem. Empty a whole clip of pistol ammo into a raider's face and it might not really even phase them. :P

Also had a combat shotgun fail to kill a raider at the Super-Duper mart in FO3, even though I put two blasts on their mug at point blank range. It's a flawed system (or the headshot mods wouldn't exist) where my skill in a gun affects the actual damage output on a direct hit. Affecting my chance to hit is great.. damage should be determined by weapon, ammo, and hit location.
How did people get on the topic of Fallout? :P Could we stay on the topic of profiles here, please?
tfishell: How did people get on the topic of Fallout? :P Could we stay on the topic of profiles here, please?
Uh. Wasn't it kinda solved ?
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is absolutely a sequel to the first two that honors them and what made them special in every way.
Telika: Does it mean that it goes back to "vaults were a disaster because human bureaucrats are dumb as hell" instead of Fallout3's "the vaults absurdities were deliberate social experiments perfectly designed by a formidably efficient conspiration" ?
I think Obsidian wrote the vault stuff much better, yes. They wrote the whole game better.

Vault sidequests are something I still haven't done much of in Fallout 4, so I don't know if Bethesda got better at that or not.
tfishell: How did people get on the topic of Fallout? :P Could we stay on the topic of profiles here, please?
Telika: Uh. Wasn't it kinda solved ?
It seems so, but why derail a thread about profiles when the Fallout talk could be discussed in a new thread?

I guess it's not a huge deal, and it's not like I'm the boss here. :P
high rated
Telika: Uh. Wasn't it kinda solved ?
It has relaxed to the point where it can be swept under the rug, as is tradition. I wouldn't call it solved, though.

toxicTom: It's next on my RPG todo list. Would you recommend mods, or playing it vanilla?
If I may be so bold: Start here.
A while back I mentioned seeing a login token that looked suspiciously like hardware/software fingerprinting.

Well, it's back, in case somebody with technical knowledge wants to take a look at it themselves.

I put it in a separate post to easier be buried in general forum noise ;)

The whole situation left me with really bad taste in mouth, but at least there's some technical curiosity "upside" to it.
StarCrawlers as the daily sale! Oh, man, I really want this game. But, due to the way you handled YOUR CUSTOMERS' requests for privacy during this whole mess, and (more telling) the complete absence of any kind of apology, I've decided to purchase StarCrawlers, and any future games, elsewhere.
SpiderFighter: StarCrawlers as the daily sale! Oh, man, I really want this game. But, due to the way you handled YOUR CUSTOMERS' requests for privacy during this whole mess, and (more telling) the complete absence of any kind of apology, I've decided to purchase StarCrawlers, and any future games, elsewhere.
That's funny, a few days ago, I moved most of my wishlist elsewhere, leaving only the series I need to complete (for ease of use, keeping it all in one place), and a few games that are only sold here.

It's still quite a large wishlist, but less than one third of the games I was going to purchase throughout the next year or so.

Even so, if these "blunders" keep happening, I'm willing to complete my collections elsewhere.

Somehow, I can't be bothered to give priority to a store that considers customers to be a complete nuisance. I'm quirky that way, I guess.
SpiderFighter: StarCrawlers as the daily sale! Oh, man, I really want this game. But, due to the way you handled YOUR CUSTOMERS' requests for privacy during this whole mess, and (more telling) the complete absence of any kind of apology, I've decided to purchase StarCrawlers, and any future games, elsewhere.
Dalthnock: That's funny, a few days ago, I moved most of my wishlist elsewhere, leaving only the series I need to complete (for ease of use, keeping it all in one place), and a few games that are only sold here.
Out of personal interest, where is "elsewhere" for you guys?
I had a look around due to this and the alternatives are rather sad.
State of gaming rn ...
Dalthnock: That's funny, a few days ago, I moved most of my wishlist elsewhere, leaving only the series I need to complete (for ease of use, keeping it all in one place), and a few games that are only sold here.
lolplatypus: Out of personal interest, where is "elsewhere" for you guys?
I had a look around due to this and the alternatives are rather sad.
State of gaming rn ...
Yes, the alternatives are indubitably sad. You've got the obvious, the dodgy, and the key sellers, most of them in the dodgy category. Take your pick, and have my condolences.

GOG used to be a no-brainer, even with all the bumbling that went on around here. At least, you could trust them.

Now, it's come down to the whether you want to take it in private, or out in public. Yes, GOG "disabled" profiles, but they're still partnered with Facebook.

No wonder Mr. Newell can't be bothered with anything. When ALL of your competition drives its customers towards you, might as well sit back, have a drink and laugh all the way to the bank.
high rated
elcook: It's for both. If you disable your profile, it won't show up on your friends' list in the Profile tab (short list of recent active friends), nor on the Friends tab.
Any chance for a reply to this post of mine? And in case it doesn't link correctly:

Does a disabled profile also exclude one from friend recommendations? And if not, shouldn't it? Otherwise the friend recommendation feature, which is based on non-mutual friends of common friends, defeats the purpose of all the above, doesn't it?