It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Shuttenbach: I'm sorry for raising that question again, as I'm pretty sure it's been answered already somewhere in these 70+ pages.

Account linking does not work for me. When i press that "Sign in through Steam" button it just timeouts to the Page cannot be displayed page. Am i doing something wrong? Is there anything else i can try?
Daliz: I don't know if it is answered, but I would try:
-Clear your browser cache & all that
-Try another browser
-If possible try from another location/different internet connection

If all else fails, GOG support.
Thank you, i finally managed to log in from my phone. Looks like another location / another IP worked.
About time. I have been waiting for this kind of functionality for GoG.

One question though.

Let's take a hypothetical example:
Let's say I want to buy a game that has been recently released on both GoG and Steam, let's say Hard Reset Redux.
If I buy this game on GoG, does it mean I will have to buy it again to get it for Steam?

Basically Iam asking that will the GoG connect work both ways, or just one? Because if itis just an one-way process then I can see GoG facing a problem as more and more gamers will buy their games from Steam and the sales.
SoanoS: About time. I have been waiting for this kind of functionality for GoG.

One question though.

Let's say I want to buy a game that has been recently released on both GoG and Steam, let's say Hard Reset Redux.
If I buy this game on GoG, does it mean I will have to buy it again to get it for Steam?

Basically Iam asking that will the GoG connect work both ways, or just one? Because if itis just an one-way process then I can see GoG facing a problem as more and more gamers will buy their games from Steam and the sales.
It's only one way, mostly because GOG avoids selling Steam keys.

One question though.

Its the publishers that dictate sale prices, and usually the sale price will be the same on gog and Steam. Keysites are different as they bulk buy keys and can offer their own discounts.

Note, Steam doesn't get a cut from games sold from keysites only games sold via their own store.

What they do get it a person bound to their store and a direct feed to that person to advertise and sell through.

GoG nor the publishers won't be facing a problem with this. The publishers have already been paid for the game, by you when you bought it via Steam, while GoG will get customers that have less reliance on Steam.

If GoG was able to get every game I have bound to Steam, I'd never use it again. Well I don't use it now, as I use SSE to run my games with out Steam, But I'd be able to stop using a potentially illegal tool to play the games I paid for.

I don't get this desire to have a license purchased via gog and also have a version bound to Steam.

One question though.

Pheace: It's only one way, mostly because GOG avoids selling Steam keys.
Why would anyone want their DRM free games to be bound to DRM by linking it to steam?
Senteria: Why would anyone want their DRM free games to be bound to DRM by linking it to steam?
Because not everyone cares that much about DRM-Free and there are benefits to having it on other platforms?

Some people just like their libraries in one place and have their main library on Steam (still), or more likely, can connect with their friends through Steam.

With the Steam version you can get cards for some games for free +$ to spend on other games.

Some of the current new multiplayer games on GOG have a closed ecosystem limited to the GOG version, severely limiting it's playerbase. If you had the Steam version of that one as well you'd have far more options to play with other people.

Personally, until Galaxy is working fine and proper I prefer Steam's convenience for installation, library management. (tried it a while ago and was 2 hours into a game before I realized Galaxy hadn't even installed all the DLC (Omerta))

There's no doubt more reasons, these are just a couple off the top of my head. Personally, if I can get the DRM-Free version *and* the Steam version, I don't see why I wouldn't prefer that over only the DRM-Free version.
Post edited June 04, 2016 by Pheace
I'm getting the following error:

This site can’t be reached

steam-sync.gog.com took too long to respond.

Do I just try again at some other time?

Sorry if it's been covered in an earlier post.
roytang: I'm getting the following error:

There's no harm in trying again. Make sure you don't have adblock or something like that active.
* Account connected - Check!
* Do I own games on steam that are supported - Check!
* Is my profile set to public - Check!

OK, Lets try this: NO ELIGIBLE GAMES FOUND - Another big GOG Fail thx for wasting my time...!
Senteria: Why would anyone want their DRM free games to be bound to DRM by linking it to steam?
Pheace: Because not everyone cares that much about DRM-Free and there are benefits to having it on other platforms?

Some people just like their libraries in one place and have their main library on Steam (still), or more likely, can connect with their friends through Steam.

With the Steam version you can get cards for some games for free +$ to spend on other games.

Some of the current new multiplayer games on GOG have a closed ecosystem limited to the GOG version, severely limiting it's playerbase. If you had the Steam version of that one as well you'd have far more options to play with other people.

Personally, until Galaxy is working fine and proper I prefer Steam's convenience for installation, library management. (tried it a while ago and was 2 hours into a game before I realized Galaxy hadn't even installed all the DLC (Omerta))

There's no doubt more reasons, these are just a couple off the top of my head. Personally, if I can get the DRM-Free version *and* the Steam version, I don't see why I wouldn't prefer that over only the DRM-Free version.
Fair points. Though some I don't care about too much. I never had an issue with GoG Galaxy though. But I have to admit I agree with the multiplayer thingy. That always seems to be a problem with developers giving GOG the short end of the stick. They either remove online multiplayer for the GOG release, or severely limit it.
roytang: I'm getting the following error:

Pheace: There's no harm in trying again. Make sure you don't have adblock or something like that active.
I've actually tried it a few times since the initial announcement, I was hoping any issues would have cleared out by now.

Tried it both with adblocker enabled and disabled. Made sure I was logged in to Steam in the browser, etc

Oh well, I guess I'll try again in a couple of days
I just went through my Steam Library.

Out of 90 games, 18 are available on GoG.

I had already rebought 14 of them on GoG, 3 where transferred via GoG Connect, the last (torchlight 2) I had already got direct from the publisher.

I suppose I should check my 200+ GoG library to see how many of them are available via Steam.
Post edited June 04, 2016 by mechmouse
roytang: I've actually tried it a few times since the initial announcement, I was hoping any issues would have cleared out by now.

Tried it both with adblocker enabled and disabled. Made sure I was logged in to Steam in the browser, etc

I have the same thing - still trying, but with not much hope. I tried to contact GOG Support, but this, too, is taking it's time. Well, I guess they are spammed with those, so it can't be helped. I just hope I'll made it on time...

mechmouse: the last (torchlight 2) I had already got direct from the publisher.
What do you mean by that? Can you, somehow, get your Steam Torchlight 2 to GOG?
roytang: I've actually tried it a few times since the initial announcement, I was hoping any issues would have cleared out by now.

Bethezer: I have the same thing - still trying, but with not much hope. I tried to contact GOG Support, but this, too, is taking it's time. Well, I guess they are spammed with those, so it can't be helped. I just hope I'll made it on time...

mechmouse: the last (torchlight 2) I had already got direct from the publisher.
Bethezer: What do you mean by that? Can you, somehow, get your Steam Torchlight 2 to GOG?
I got an installer and Key direct from the publishers website

http://store.runicgames.com/collections/games/products/torchlight-ii

After not being able to add multiple copies to the basket, I sent them an email. So I've also got an email from the publishers saying they're happy for me to use the install concurrently on multiple machines. Which is very nice of them.
mechmouse: I got an installer and Key direct from the publishers website

http://store.runicgames.com/collections/games/products/torchlight-ii

After not being able to add multiple copies to the basket, I sent them an email. So I've also got an email from the publishers saying they're happy for me to use the install concurrently on multiple machines. Which is very nice of them.
Oh, OK. I thought you got a key for GOG as well to Steam... Well, my lost. Thanks anyway. :)