It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Awesome, my thanks, GOG!
I own 2 games instead of owning subscription for free now :).
Splatsch: Edit : And can you create a steam account without installing Steam client ?
You can't redeem steam keys without steam client I am afraid.. But you may install windows/linux with steam in a virtualbox
mrkgnao: Not speaking from experience, as I do not have a steam account, but from comments earlier in the thread from people in the same situation as you, I understand that you must install the client in order to redeem keys.
HunchBluntley: You can...but apparently you can only redeem key codes in the client. So, if you want to redeem those, you'll have to suck it up and temporarily install Steam anyway. :(
Argh, exactly what I feared XD Well, I'm not sure it's worth the deal.
Thanks very much for your help ;)

But all of this is really ironical when you think of the pervert effects induced by this.
Well, good chance I'll put my hopes in the same move with Humble. Hopefully it'll happen one day, and I'll be able to have FTL and some other games on my shelf :)
HunchBluntley: It's not that the two accounts are actually linked in any real way (the Steam account still won't know or care of the existence of the GOG account); It's solely for the purpose of the GOG Connect function. Apparently, your Steam user name is about the only sensitive part of your Steam account credentials that GOG could actually store. Or something.
Seriously, there have been A LOT of replies to read, so good luck finding the details. But I'm sure someone knowledgeable about this will be happy to explain it again. :)
Yeah, I just wondered if there's a risk in sharing the account names, like if someone manages to hack the GOG account, if it would encourage them to try and go after my Steam account, too, or something. I mean I'm probably overreacting, since a lot of GOG members who use Steam use the same name for both services, and it's not as if I use the same passwords everywhere ...
Post edited June 03, 2016 by Leroux
Rinu: Awesome, my thanks, GOG!
I own 2 games instead of owning subscription for free now :).
↑ should be imprinted on the front page : D
mike_cesara: You can't redeem steam keys without steam client I am afraid.. But you may install windows/linux with steam in a virtualbox
Okay ! But honestly, it seems a lot of work for... not so much. I've the hope to centralize all my games in GOG one day (the other store I was using before was Humble), but well... If I have to create a Steam account, instal the client, and may be through a virtual machine... Argh XD I still don't know what I'll do.
But thanks for the tip and info :)
Post edited June 03, 2016 by Splatsch
mike_cesara: You can't redeem steam keys without steam client I am afraid.. But you may install windows/linux with steam in a virtualbox
Splatsch: Okay ! But honestly, it seems a lot of work for... not so much. I've the hope to centralize all my games in GOG one day (the other store I was using before was Humble), but well... If I have to create a Steam account, instal the client, and may be through a virtual machine... Argh XD I still don't know what I'll do.
All due respect, you are not the target audience for this. The target audience are those like myself and others (I'm guessing a fairly high percentage) who already own Steam accounts, have a number of titles in the Steam library and are willing to get a DRM-Free copy of titles they already purchased. Considering most bundles these days do not come with a DRM-free key, the hope is Connect will add titles that you can eventually get a GoG copy for.
madglee: You guys are awesome! Great work. Thanks.
SirPrimalform: I have a Steam account with some games, pretty much all from Humble Bundles - GOG Connect isn't detecting any of them.

It should be recognising Bit.Trip Runner, Braid, Saints Row 2, Surgeon Simulator 2013 and VVVVVV, but no luck. Profile not set to private.
madglee: Just set them to connect then come back in a few hours. Mine took about 5 hours to register.
Thanks, sure enough it had synced by the time I woke up today.
Splatsch: Edit : And can you create a steam account without installing Steam client ?
mrkgnao: Not speaking from experience, as I do not have a steam account, but from comments earlier in this thread from people in the same situation as you, I understand that you must install the client in order to redeem keys.
Short answer:no

Long answer:no

what else did you expect
mrkgnao: Not speaking from experience, as I do not have a steam account, but from comments earlier in this thread from people in the same situation as you, I understand that you must install the client in order to redeem keys.
lazydog: Short answer:no

Long answer:no

what else did you expect
Well, there was a time when it was possible to activate some keys via the Steam web API (remember when this was an option on Humble Bundle?). So I suppose if their last exposure to Steam keys was in that era, legitimate confusion could occur. =P (It was years ago, though.)
Post edited June 03, 2016 by expopower
synfresh: All due respect, you are not the target audience for this. The target audience are those like myself and others (I'm guessing a fairly high percentage) who already own Steam accounts, have a number of titles in the Steam library and are willing to get a DRM-Free copy of titles they already purchased. Considering most bundles these days do not come with a DRM-free key, the hope is Connect will add titles that you can eventually get a GoG copy for.
Yep, you're totally right :)
I really think that for steam users, it's a very good move, permitting themselves to go closer to GOG (which is really good).
But I think too there may be bad implications in the long-term but well... At least, it is for now a good thing for gamers who were/are using steam and want to go more drm-free, like you said :)
But put directly (and badly phrased, I have hard time formulating this), I'm in a way prevented to have the games I could have simply because I don't want and never wanted steam. Ironical, isn't it ? (it's simply a small note, not a criticism ;) )
Post edited June 03, 2016 by Splatsch
Just wanted to throw out a quick thank you to GoG and all the developers. This is going above and beyond for your customers, thank you kindly.
Splatsch: But put directly (and badly phrased, I have hard time formulating this), I'm in a way prevented to have the games I could have simply because I don't want and never wanted steam. Ironical, isn't it ?
You have access, you can just buy them on GoG if you really wanted them.
Splatsch: Okay ! But honestly, it seems a lot of work for... not so much. I've the hope to centralize all my games in GOG one day (the other store I was using before was Humble), but well... If I have to create a Steam account, instal the client, and may be through a virtual machine... Argh XD I still don't know what I'll do.
Good for you. I too refuse to yield to the temptation. I know GOG wants me to install Steam, but I will not do it. I have principles.
synfresh: You have access, you can just buy them on GoG if you really wanted them.
If I had the money, I would've ;) But yes, for now, it's not a "real need".

mrkgnao: Good for you. I too refuse to yield to the temptation. I know GOG wants me to install Steam, but I will not do it. I have principles.
Ahah, that's exactly this :)