It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Pheace: The limits are per service that using them so GOG using it for their login has their own limits, which is a 100k requests per day, if they didn't request a higher cap.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: Except we know for a fact the requests are completing, and are within those limits easily. There are (and I have experienced it myself) accounts that have "successfully" linked where GOG was able to fully pull the list of games owned and make the compare, but is still having issue adding said games to the account. Assuming the APIs are being used correctly and GOG is caching/saving that information so as not to unduly and excessively query the Steam services then they already had the information and the problem is within the GOG systems.
Is it still only a theory that the issues are within the GOG systems? Yes.
Is the the theory supported by solid evidence? Yes. We have seen the GOG system reply with the list of games it knows it must add to your account. Therefore it completed all of the necessary query to Steam to retrieve your profile and game list.

BTW - I still think they'll work it out. I've said it before the GOG folks are good people. They go out of their way to make things right for everyone.
I thougth it may have worked kinda like the wow servers.
At least in the old days
if there was too many people hitting the same place in the gameworld at once, lagfest and delays woud happen leading to all sort of weird stuff happening, people running on the spot and other stuff like that.
But if its unique per service/user then its not on Steams end.
bad_fur_day1: I don't buy anything from steam anyway.

"Steam broke my X-com."
Another game I wish GOG got a hold of.
that and Skyrim(a "never will" possibility)
andreihaiducul: Paradox's forum can get the game list even if your Steam profile is private. Why can't GOG? I don't want to make my profile public, even for a few hours :-/
Different function there. Developer/Publisher can verify ownership of their specific titles through other parts of the APIs on a per AppID basis (meaning they would have to check for each specific title, one query at a time, and each specific DLC one at a time). Pretty sure that part of the API is also only exposed and only works for AppIDs that developer/publisher has ownership of as well, so can't even be used to check ones from another developer/publisher (as such totally ineffective for this functionality).

Not the same as returning the whole list of owned games.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Red_Eagle_LXIX
DCT: Weird it says I have no eligible games but I have Project Zomboid, Braid and Bit Trip runner on Steam. What gives?
Matruchus: System is broken at the moment. Gog sent email to everybody to try again on friday.
I received no such e-mail.
Barefoot_Monkey: Quick question. After your account gets scanned and the connect page gives you a list of eligible games and a button to add x games to your account, what's supposed to happen when you press that button? I'd imagine that the games are meant to be added to your account at that point, but so far every time I do that I just get sent back to the queue. This happened yesterday and again today, so it's the 3rd time I'm queued for my account to get scanned.
Konrad: Once you hit the add button, the games should be in your library – but I understand thats not the case, right? Since your accounts got connected you shouldn't lose the games or have to go through the queue again, so perhaps try again later when we're a bit less slammed with traffic.
I've connected, it displays 3 eligible games.
After clicking "Add 3 Games" i get this message

Looking for eligible games. Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.
Does it matter if your steam folder is NOT on the c drive? Will that make a difference to the search?
Ditto, now it recognized 6 games from 7 (previously it only did 5) but again once I clicked to add to my account nothing happened.

Guess the servers are being slammed pretty hard...
First i'd like to thank for the idea. I was able to take GalCiv III from steam to GOG. However, while i have all the DLCs (except the mercenaries) none has been taken over. Is this going to stay like that?

Thanks
andreihaiducul: Paradox's forum can get the game list even if your Steam profile is private. Why can't GOG? I don't want to make my profile public, even for a few hours :-/
Red_Eagle_LXIX: Different function there. Developer/Publisher can verify ownership of their specific titles through other parts of the APIs on a per AppID basis (meaning they would have to check for each specific title, one query at a time, and each specific DLC one at a time). Pretty sure that part of the API is also only exposed and only works for AppIDs that developer/publisher has ownership of as well, so can't even be used to check ones from another developer/publisher (as such totally ineffective for this functionality).
Not the same as returning the whole list of owned games.
I'm afraid you're wrong, http://playfire.com/ also connects to your Steam account for their tracking purposes and they too can pull the entire list of owned games while in private so the API clearly allows it.
Yay, I got GOG-Connected!!! :)

8 games elligible to be added to GOG:
Braid
Breach and Clear
FTL: Advanced
Saints Row 2
Shadowrun Returns
Van Helsing: Final Cut
To The Moon
VVVVVVVV

5 games NOT going to be added b/c I already owned them on GOG:
Broken Sword: DC
Mount and Blade
Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
Witcher 1: Enhanced
Two Worlds 1: Epic Edition

Now, just gotta wait for them to show-up in my GoG account...
Post edited June 02, 2016 by MysterD
I don't know if I should be posting this in the form of a question or an answer, a partial answer maybe. I found one of my Sherlock Holmes games but I own the four others offered on GOG. is that because of the volume of games it has to find or is it something else?
as for the answer form(and it is a speculation only) the high demand means maybe I will get the rest of them later. but Optimism is not realism. only time will tell....

Unfortunately, upon looking Sherlock Holmes Secret of the Silver Earring does not appear in my GOG library.
Attachments:
sherlock2.png (438 Kb)
Post edited June 02, 2016 by neosapian
Ok, so I've been trying to connect with Steam since yesterday, and it just says incorrect login. I tried resetting my router a couple of times, restarting my computer, using Chrome, IE, and Firefox, and it is still not working. I don't think it ever will.
Got nothing else to say 'cept thank you :3
I have another question. What if, in my exemple, GalCiv III is on sale on GOG and i still want to buy a version on GOG. Can i still do it?
Shahabbabakhani: Since when have you read games will be removed if you remove the sync? You making a big assumption.
KeyperOS: From the FAQ:

If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library.
KeyperOS: I agree that it is indeed a bit of a leap but it does make some sense

EDIT: Now a new one, it finally recognized 5 out of the 7 eligible games (not sure why it didn't the other two, might have been a different edition than the one they expected), I clicked to add all and... nothing happened!

I refreshed the page and now it still says accounts connected but it doesn't show any eligible games and of course they aren't in my account either.

Unless the import has been successful but due to high traffic they queue it up to add at a later time...
Try later, there will be a time everything will settle at once.