It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Maighstir: There may be different API functions used.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: SteamRep retrieves full profile, including friends list and game list.
SteamDB, same.
Steamgifts wishilist plus owned games.
Steamcalc pulls the full game list.

I could go on and on with sites that pull the data that GOG is pulling and make far more calls per hour than GOG should be to getting the equivalent data.
Keep in mind that Gog is not the only ones using the Steam API.
Since Steam is pretty much number one on the market, when it comes to digital games
its not that hard to imagine the limit beeing reached
unless i dont quite get how the API works.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Lodium
nice... I wish the games went both ways though... :)
KillingMachine: So, my accounts finally got connected and it found all 8 games I should be eligible for...but after I clicked to add them to my account, I don't have any of the games in my library and the connect page now shows no games available at all. Does it take a while or did my games get vaporized or something?
Same thing here. This morning it finally listed 8 games, but I didn't even see the "add to my account"-button. So now the available games list is empty again and the message is back to mocking me with "Looking for eligible games"!
What a horrible display of incompetence gog.... a promotion that lasts only a few days BUT you have to wait several days until it maybe works for you.... and if not, you're out of luck Goodbye. Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by owog
Patejl: It's total mess! :(

It found 11 games to connect, i clicked on add 11 games. And nothing happened, i have not 11 another games in my GOG and ADD button disappeared forever.... Reload of page didn't help.
Same for me!
KillingMachine: So, my accounts finally got connected and it found all 8 games I should be eligible for...but after I clicked to add them to my account, I don't have any of the games in my library and the connect page now shows no games available at all. Does it take a while or did my games get vaporized or something?
owog: Same thing here. This morning it finally listed 8 games, but I didn't even see the "add to my account"-button. So now the available games list is empty again and the message is back to mocking me with "Looking for eligible games"!
What a horrible display of incompetence gog.... a promotion that lasts only a few days BUT you have to wait several days until it maybe works for you.... and if not, you're out of luck Goodbye. Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful.
I'm not singling you out here.

In general for all complaining:
You're getting stuff you otherwise wouldn't for free. Even if heaven forbid we miss some of the initial due to technical issues, does it really matter it is free.

Further, GOG folks have always been great in handling issues and making things right. They have on many occasions issued refunds and gone out of their way to ,make things right even for promotions or errors of other companies.

Give it time, the issues will get resolved I'm sure.
LiandriS: Having to keep my Steam account public is a deal breaker for me. Not only I'd have to keep it so until it syncs (8-16 hours according to people), but also later in case GOG wants to check if I still own games on Steam. Then if GOG decides to remove games due to private Steam profile, it may not allow to sync the same games again because the deal will be expired.
Since when have you read games will be removed if you remove the sync? You making a big assumption.
I do wonder what is happening for those of us that have successfully connected accounts, and it lists eligible games but then appears to do nothing when clicking on the "Add X Games" button.

That may be an issue GoG side, since the information has been recieved.

The only reason it could be a SteamAPI issue, is if it re-validates those games when you go to add Eligible games.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: SteamRep retrieves full profile, including friends list and game list.
SteamDB, same.
Steamgifts wishilist plus owned games.
Steamcalc pulls the full game list.

I could go on and on with sites that pull the data that GOG is pulling and make far more calls per hour than GOG should be to getting the equivalent data.
Lodium: Keep in mind that Gog is not the only ones using the Steam API.
Since Steam is pretty much number one on the market, when it comes to digital games
The limits are per service that using them so GOG using it for their login has their own limits, which is a 100k requests per day, if they didn't request a higher cap.
It finally bloody worked! You'll get a mail once the game(s) is(are) successfully added to your account.

VVVVVV, Braid and Bit.Trip.Runner. Three games I'll probably never play again... but if I do I can use the Gog distrib! :D
Tip to all having trouble, if it finds your games but then gets stuck loading or fails to load check your account for your games because it may have went through anyways. That's what happened to me.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: ...
Ok then, I guess I should be eligible for these (ie. games I have in my Steam account, but not on GOG):

BIT.TRIP RUNNER - 5DAYS
BRAID - 5DAYS
BREACH & CLEAR: DEADLINE - 5DAYS

So far nothing. Oh well.
Zoidberg: It finally bloody worked! You'll get a mail once the game(s) is(are) successfully added to your account.
Basically this is what happened to me.
Lodium: Keep in mind that Gog is not the only ones using the Steam API.
Pheace: The limits are per service that using them so GOG using it for their login has their own limits, which is a 100k requests per day, if they didn't request a higher cap.
Ah ok, i suspected that much but wasnt totally sure.
LiandriS: Having to keep my Steam account public is a deal breaker for me. Not only I'd have to keep it so until it syncs (8-16 hours according to people), but also later in case GOG wants to check if I still own games on Steam. Then if GOG decides to remove games due to private Steam profile, it may not allow to sync the same games again because the deal will be expired.
Shahabbabakhani: Since when have you read games will be removed if you remove the sync? You making a big assumption.
Not really, since it has been said game might be removed from GoG library if removed from the Steam library (to prevent fraud), it is a sensible belief that setting profile to private might be detected as the game being removed.
Zoidberg: It finally bloody worked! You'll get a mail once the game(s) is(are) successfully added to your account.

VVVVVV, Braid and Bit.Trip.Runner. Three games I'll probably never play again... but if I do I can use the Gog distrib! :D
Cheers I'll keep and eye out for an email.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by mechmouse
mechmouse: I do wonder what is happening for those of us that have successfully connected accounts, and it lists eligible games but then appears to do nothing when clicking on the "Add X Games" button.

That may be an issue GoG side, since the information has been recieved.

The only reason it could be a SteamAPI issue, is if it re-validates those games when you go to add Eligible games.
Exactly, they received all the information already. Unless they something is wrong at that point in their system there would be no need (and in fact last time I used Valve's Steam APIs would violate their usage to so soon re-request the same data instead of using a cached copy of the information)(NOTE: it has been a long time since I tried doing anything that queries the Steam APIs and as such I am not personally up to date on the current versions of said policies).