It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
"15. If I no longer have the game in my Steam library, do I still keep it on GOG.com?
"If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library."

I sure hope you guys are checking if it was purchased on GOG before this was implemented...
If not, that's something to fix. *facepalms*
Crosmando: Yet another example of GOG's amateurism. Get better servers.
mechmouse: Its not GoG's servers that are the bottle neck
What is, then? Steam?
CelineSSauve: "15. If I no longer have the game in my Steam library, do I still keep it on GOG.com?
"If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library."

I sure hope you guys are checking if it was purchased on GOG before this was implemented...
If not, that's something to fix. *facepalms*
Ah so no refunding the game after claiming it on GOG.
What if I have multiple Steam accounts? Is there a way to connect more of them? Disconnect one and connect another?

Apparently not. In which case my question is:

Will they stay connected for future promotions forever? Or am I able to de-link the two accounts?
Post edited June 02, 2016 by dickj
CelineSSauve: Wow... This feels rather like a stab to the back, but that's because I've already repurchased all my STEAM titles on GOG as soon as they appeared here. :(

At least it helps others from repurchasing, I suppose.
It would be nice if they can use the data and reward those that have backed DRM Free by rebuying on GoG.
anarcher: What is, then? Steam?
From the FAQ:
The API used for this process supports a limited amount of calls on any given day. You may be placed in a queue before your accounts are connected.
So, yes. It's Steam who have set limits.
Yes, the SteamAPI only allows a limited number of request a day.
tiaxanderson: I think mad props to the GoG team and all devs willing to co-operate with this crazy idea. Thank you.

Actually it does say what happens on the connect FAQ.
If for any reason the game is deleted from your Steam library it doesn't automatically get deleted from your GoG library, but GoG reserves the right to delete it.
Faenrir: Yeaaaah...no. You see, you didn't read my question. Read it again, try to understand it and then, if you have an answer, post again.
That's because the question I read was, to be honest, kind of silly. I assumed you made a mistake. My mistake...

No, if you bought a game through GoG nothing that you do outside of GoG should remove that game.
You have a valid transaction in your order history proving that you bought the game after all.
dickj: What if I have multiple Steam accounts? Is there a way to connect more of them? Disconnect one and connect another? Will they stay connected for future promotions forever, or will I be able to use a different one in the future?
The FAQ says:

Can I disconnect or change my connected Steam account?
You can only connect one Steam library per GOG.com account. This process is permanent.
Thus, no, you cannot disconnect the account.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Maighstir
It's total mess! :(

It found 11 games to connect, i clicked on add 11 games. And nothing happened, i have not 11 another games in my GOG and ADD button disappeared forever.... Reload of page didn't help.
Maighstir: From the FAQ:

The API used for this process supports a limited amount of calls on any given day. You may be placed in a queue before your accounts are connected.
Maighstir: So, yes. It's Steam who have set limits.
Steam's limits are not that low.
Steamrep and SteamDB make tens of thousands of calls a day each.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Red_Eagle_LXIX
Maighstir: From the FAQ:

So, yes. It's Steam who have set limits.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: Steam's limits are not that low.
I don't know what SteamDB and Steamrep does, but different API functions may very well have different limits.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Maighstir
Having to keep my Steam account public is a deal breaker for me. Not only I'd have to keep it so until it syncs (8-16 hours according to people), but also later in case GOG wants to check if I still own games on Steam. Then if GOG decides to remove games due to private Steam profile, it may not allow to sync the same games again because the deal will be expired.
Red_Eagle_LXIX: Steam's limits are not that low.
Maighstir: There may be different API functions used.
SteamRep retrieves full profile, including friends list and game list.
SteamDB, same.
Steamgifts wishilist plus owned games.
Steamcalc pulls the full game list.

I could go on and on with sites that pull the data that GOG is pulling and make far more calls per hour than GOG should be to getting the equivalent data.
LiandriS: Having to keep my Steam account public is a deal breaker for me. Not only I'd have to keep it so until it syncs (8-16 hours according to people), but also later in case GOG wants to check if I still own games on Steam. Then if GOG decides to remove games due to private Steam profile, it may not allow to sync the same games again because the deal will be expired.
That is cool. Just don't use the feature then. Steam will keep on working for ya.

On a side note, after having all night not working, giving the "Oops" message, this noon it just went straight through, but ended up telling me i had zero eligible games. Oh well.