It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I had to escape - the city was sticky and cruel.

Jalopy, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount until September 27, 4PM UTC.
Drive your wheezing, chugging Laika 601 Deluxe through the procedurally generated roads of 90s Germany or CSFR and see how far you can get, either as an unassuming scavenger or a successful smuggler that no border patrol can hope to catch.
Upon the game's full release, the developers promise to also include the roads of Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Turkey, among other additions.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited September 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
Is it wrong of me to hope that this game ends up in a three-way collision with OmniBus and Clustertruck, with no survivors?
Seriously, GOG turns down Tokyo Dark, a rich game that took a team of people years to develop (and it shows), but picks up these one-joke one-dev games? There is nothing in the video to indicate any part of this game contains actual fun. Maybe GOG is pitching it to the brain-damaged video crowd, who can create "hilarious" web videos of the gameplay with bad fake-German-accented narration. Stay tuned for "Hitler Goes Touring" from internet celebrity PunchMonkey379!

GOG really needs to bring back the "no alcohol at work" policy. ~_~
This is right up my alley; not sure if i want to dabble in the InDev territory (even though i already had two pleasant experiences so far with it) but since the asking price is quite low right now and i'm confident of GOG's refund policy anyway, maybe i will.

Having said that and even though it's completely offtopic, i really hope we'll see Cranks & Goggles someday, although it's wishlist entry didn't bode well...
When I first saw this game on Steam, I thought "this really ought to be on GOG."
IAmSinistar: There is nothing in the video to indicate any part of this game contains actual fun.
But -to quote the description- it contains "Authentic license plates"! :P
Vythonaut: But -to quote the description- it contains "Authentic license plates"! :P
Ha! So my judgement was indeed hasty! :D

I realise I did rant a bit, and there is probably is an audience for this game. It might even be fun by the time it's done. It sort of looks like the driving equivalent of a walking sim, and I do like those when they are abstract and unusual. Though I'm still likely to rage against GOG's curation process, regardless of how this particular game turns out. ^_^
Chrsn: When I first saw this game on Steam, I thought "this really ought to be on GOG."
Looking at some of the developer's posts, he doesn't seem really excited for it being here.
high rated
IAmSinistar: (snip) It sort of looks like the driving equivalent of a walking sim (snip)
With a car like that, the game will soon turn into a walking sim. ;)
Chrsn: When I first saw this game on Steam, I thought "this really ought to be on GOG."
drmike: Looking at some of the developer's posts, he doesn't seem really excited for it being here.
lol the paragraph about GOG release is a bit weird, a mix of sad and funny.
low rated
Early Access/Paid Beta with Regional Discriminating Price.
Am aware of the 50% "discount" still not chance in hell I would pay to an unfinished game,
(though most games to day are released in an unfinished state)
not even if the developers (the company) life depended on it.

Shame on GOG for still supporting this practice (am aware that i don't have to buy it).
Does the game have any randomization?
Vythonaut: But -to quote the description- it contains "Authentic license plates"! :P
IAmSinistar: Ha! So my judgement was indeed hasty! :D

I realise I did rant a bit, and there is probably is an audience for this game. It might even be fun by the time it's done. It sort of looks like the driving equivalent of a walking sim, and I do like those when they are abstract and unusual. Though I'm still likely to rage against GOG's curation process, regardless of how this particular game turns out. ^_^
Pity about the Tokyo Dark, it looks like a cool game.
I have been really interested in the game for a long time but i am not sure about buying as the attitude of the developers really dissapoint me, for what i see in their development blog they basically see GOG as some sort of "piracy facilitator" and more of a hassle than anything else. Tired of being treated as a second class customer even if we pay the full price...
drealmer7: Germany had actual roads in the 90s, why does this need to be procedurally generated? Oh, because developers are lazy.
[...]
amok: I think there is a lot of misconceptions about what procedurally generated content actually is, and it can actually be more difficult and harder to do than handmade levels, which is actually very straight forward.

Creating good procedural content is just as much a skill and craft as creating good handcrafted contend (though this is of-course a misnomer, as good procedural content requires a lot of hand-crafting also).

Yes, procedural content can be done quick and lazily, resulting in boring and uninspired content, but the same can be said about hand-crafted content also.
but you're talking in general

I go back to my specific beef with this title

it's not like they're creating some fantasy world, they're attempting to replicate a very specific thing: 1990s german roads - real roads that actually exist, why not recreate them for the player to drive around? probably because it's easier to just do some procedurally generated stuff than recreate the actual maps
bdavid92: I have been really interested in the game for a long time but i am not sure about buying as the attitude of the developers really dissapoint me, for what i see in their development blog they basically see GOG as some sort of "piracy facilitator" and more of a hassle than anything else. Tired of being treated as a second class customer even if we pay the full price...
Could you share a link to that specific post?