It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

omega64: I would like to download and play them without researching the series order. :P
The Steam client only fairly recently implemented sorting games in series appropriately by default (but there's still some remaining nonsense where expansions and 64-but versions of games are bundled into one library item and you have to use the context menu to get them, manually create your own shortcut to the right executable, or whatever).

If GOG's unbundling were done properly, Galaxy could do this right too (as well as use natural/logical sorting like the Steam client does, ignoring the leading "A" or "The", and getting numbers in the right order, e.g. 2 < 11). That could be extended to the library web page. (Assuming the priority is Galaxy since it's probably easier to implement convenience functionality there than on the web, and convenience is supposed to be Galaxy's raison d'etre.)
omega64: I would like to download and play them without researching the series order. :P
mvscot: The Steam client only fairly recently implemented sorting games in series appropriately by default (but there's still some remaining nonsense where expansions and 64-but versions of games are bundled into one library item and you have to use the context menu to get them, manually create your own shortcut to the right executable, or whatever).

If GOG's unbundling were done properly, Galaxy could do this right too (as well as use natural/logical sorting like the Steam client does, ignoring the leading "A" or "The", and getting numbers in the right order, e.g. 2 < 11). That could be extended to the library web page. (Assuming the priority is Galaxy since it's probably easier to implement convenience functionality there than on the web, and convenience is supposed to be Galaxy's raison d'etre.)
That's exactly what I meant. ;)
high rated
HeDanny: I doubt very much it will ever be "drm" in the sense that it will me mandatory in order to play your games. However I can see a future where GALAXY is so well entrenched in the GOG system that eventually maintaining two independant delivery systems may become unsustainable. Of course that it pure speculation on my behalf, and depends entirely upon how many GOG users adopt Galaxy as their delivery method of choice.

I voiced this exact concern in the Galaxy Alfa thread. A blue did reply, and said basically "no way", but.. well.. Good News, etc.
Yes, we all know how long GOG's "no way" statements last - until they get in the way of their plans.
One would expect them to have learned by now to refrain from making such big absolute statements that come back and bite them. But perhaps they can't afford yet to push away those concerned about the changes, so they still try to appease them.

Could you provide a link to the bluetext's reply, please?
high rated
Today is Thursday, April 9, 2015.

The full unbundling has begun 24 days ago and has apparently not ended yet, leaving the library in a half-broken state (no update notifications, no links to game pages/forums for unbundled games, broken file links, even more product_bonuses, etc.).

A blue has not posted in this thread in the last 22 days (post #631, i.e. 785 posts ago).

GOG, to assist you:
- Here is the list of most of the issues raised in this thread. A few more issues have been raised after I had posted that list, but given your overwhelming response, I did not bother to collect them. I will gladly do so if you want me to.
- Here is the list of those you have already fixed, AFAIK.
Now I'm even happier that I backed up my old bundled installers before this happened...
BillyMaysFan59: Now I'm even happier that I backed up my old bundled installers before this happened...
Ditto.
BillyMaysFan59: Now I'm even happier that I backed up my old bundled installers before this happened...
madth3: Ditto.
Thirded.
high rated
madth3: Ditto.
IAmSinistar: Thirded.
Fourthed!
high rated
budejovice: Fourthed!
It's going to be a long line.
HypersomniacLive: It's going to be a long line.
But not long enough to turn back the tide, it would seem.
Mrkgnao.. he should become a blue! XD
MaGog has just informed me that it saw a pair of games on somebody's shelf on the wiki that it did not recognise:
- Act of War: High Treason
- Act of War: Direct Action

Anybody knows whether "Act of War" has just been unbundled or whether it has been this way since its addition to GOG?
I don't have the game.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: MaGog has just informed me that it saw a pair of games on somebody's shelf on the wiki that it did not recognise:
- Act of War: High Treason
- Act of War: Direct Action

Anybody knows whether "Act of War" has just been unbundled or whether it has been this way since its addition to GOG?
I don't have the game.
i don't have this one , but according to the gamecard

"About: Act of War: Gold Edition includes Act of War: Direct Action and the expansion Act of War: High Treason. "

IF GOG start to unbundle even recent games , it's like the left hand don't know what's doing the right hand -_-

it's also possible it's always been like this since the start , but i can't confirm for something i don't have....

see YS I & YS II+ Chronicles for example.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by DyNaer
HeDanny: I doubt very much it will ever be "drm" in the sense that it will me mandatory in order to play your games. However I can see a future where GALAXY is so well entrenched in the GOG system that eventually maintaining two independant delivery systems may become unsustainable. Of course that it pure speculation on my behalf, and depends entirely upon how many GOG users adopt Galaxy as their delivery method of choice.

I voiced this exact concern in the Galaxy Alfa thread. A blue did reply, and said basically "no way", but.. well.. Good News, etc.
HypersomniacLive: Yes, we all know how long GOG's "no way" statements last - until they get in the way of their plans.
One would expect them to have learned by now to refrain from making such big absolute statements that come back and bite them. But perhaps they can't afford yet to push away those concerned about the changes, so they still try to appease them.

Could you provide a link to the bluetext's reply, please?
Yep, no worries. I'll go see if I can find it. BRB

Here 'tis
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post1044
Post edited April 10, 2015 by HeDanny
budejovice: Fourthed!
HypersomniacLive: It's going to be a long line.
I think I must be the only user with over the magic 626 titles that was initially glad this happened. I've wanted individual installers for my games for years and have not exactly been quiet about that. I should have been happy that I finally got this option, but really all I feel is disappointment (once again) over how it has come about. No one should have to do without in for another to gain. It would have been entirely possible to have Individual titles added as an option. It did not have to be a replacement.

Our only hope now is that once Galaxy is closer to release, some framework for greater organisation is implemented that at least would go some way towards correcting the serious issues created buy this predicament. Unfortunately, in this instance, GOGs silence over the matter speaks volumes.