It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Interesting. I'll probably grab the BTA just for A Golden Wake. I've already got Cognition here, and Broken Sword 1&2 on Humble.

What's the deal with Broken Sword 3 & 4? Why are they windows only, while 1, 2 & 5 are Linux & Mac as well?
Well removing extras sound tracks isn't so bad (although slightly annoying), at least those don't affect gameplay... The recent GTA ones would be unthinkable, removing them from a full running game...
PaterAlf: Which ones beside Dracula?
Asterbreed was the one before Dracula 4 and there may have been some others which I remember folks discussing on the forum like for the game Uplink as mentioned in the following thread.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/removed_extras_on_some_games/post113
Post edited February 05, 2015 by stg83
high rated
PaterAlf: Which ones beside Dracula?
stg83: Asterbreed was the one before Dracula 4 and there may have been some others which I remember folks discussing on the forum like for the game Uplink as mentioned in the following thread.

There have been a few others, mentioned recently in What Updated thread. Going back to maybe 2012. 2 of the Atlantises and something else, maybe LBA? I just went looking, but couldn't find it quickly (and I'm at work). It's been busy in that thread...
hummer010: What's the deal with Broken Sword 3 & 4? Why are they windows only, while 1, 2 & 5 are Linux & Mac as well?
It's because 1 and 2 are the remastered editions, released after 3 and 4.
budejovice: There have been a few others, mentioned recently in What Updated thread. Going back to maybe 2012. 2 of the Atlantises and something else, maybe LBA? I just went looking, but couldn't find it quickly (and I'm at work). It's been busy in that thread...
Indeed it is quite unfortunate, I don't know why publishers are fine with providing soundtracks in bundles yet on GOG the extra content has to be removed even from the accounts of folks that had the game before. Also GOG's lack of clear communication regarding this similar to other pertinent information about various issues is really disconcerting, as not everyone has a backup of all the games in their library.
stg83: Asterbreed was the one before Dracula 4 and there may have been some others which I remember folks discussing on the forum like for the game Uplink as mentioned in the following thread.

budejovice: There have been a few others, mentioned recently in What Updated thread. Going back to maybe 2012. 2 of the Atlantises and something else, maybe LBA? I just went looking, but couldn't find it quickly (and I'm at work). It's been busy in that thread...
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I can understand that a soundtrack licese expires and that they can't sell it any longer. But I wonder why they have to pull them from the accounts? After all they don't do that with the games when they can't sell tem anymore.
Grargar: It's because 1 and 2 are the remastered editions, released after 3 and 4.
Ahhh. Makes sense. I've 1 & 2 for ages, from whatever humble bundle they were in. I've never played them though.
high rated
PaterAlf: Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. I can understand that a soundtrack licese expires and that they can't sell it any longer. But I wonder why they have to pull them from the accounts? After all they don't do that with the games when they can't sell tem anymore.
Tons of discussion about the exact same thing over in that thread. mrkgnao floats a theory that it's purely technical, and ways to get around that have been proposed as well.
budejovice: mrkgnao floats a theory that it's purely technical
Well with BandCamp (i think that's right) there's a lot of music that people are willing to purchase separate from the game. This means musicians can make plenty of money on work combined with working on video games...

Naturally for older titles where music is linked to games, or more likely too old to care, the extras still exist as part of the game(s) packages.

Although i'm reminded i listened to a LOT of Nickelback and another band when i played Diablo 2 and Zy-El...
yyahoo: Didn't Wasteland 2 lose its soundtrack for a short while before it was eventually returned? Perhaps that is what he was referring to...

Edit: it was the FLAC version of the Wasteland 2 soundtrack that was removed temporarily.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post3847
Emm... it didn't eventually return by itself though, we put up a hard fight to get it back.
yyahoo: Didn't Wasteland 2 lose its soundtrack for a short while before it was eventually returned? Perhaps that is what he was referring to...

Edit: it was the FLAC version of the Wasteland 2 soundtrack that was removed temporarily.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post3847
HypersomniacLive: Emm... it didn't eventually return by itself though, we put up a hard fight to get it back.
Never suggested otherwise...
*shrug* Own all but the two non-GOG games, and those two don't look interesting enough to me. Pass.
Neat Bundle! I grabbed the BTA tier for A Golden Wake. :D
Intresting bundle, remember playing Broken sword 1 on Amiga 500

I bought a bundle once and they charge me extra £1 for something?, and 3% transfer fee.