It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

350: 3
350:3
350:3
350: 4
350:4

Everybody loves pizza.
350:4
Maighstir: Alright, I'm stumped. Not not for counting, but how to label the choices.

As you may or may not have seen (see the first post, it features a link to Google Drive, where I keep a bunch of data around this) I try to condense each option to just a word or three so it fits nicely into a cell in the spreadsheet while still explaining the opinion. Anyhow, I don't know how to describe these in roughly three words or less, depending on word length ("Parties for everyone!" might work, unless I misunderstand Mr. Spirit completely; "Vote for multiples", "One man one vote", and "Kick who's down" I'm less sure about). If you wish to contribute, I would accept suggestions.
Perhaps:

=1=
End two-party ballots
End two-party duopoly
Open ballots wide

=2=
Preferential voting (just call it what it is)

=3=
Keep status quo

=4=
Failed party knockout
New knockout rules

####

350:3 - Elisabeth, my dear, you are the only sane one.
chevkoch: Perhaps:
Thanks. Sometimes my English isn't quite as good as I wish it were. And sometimes my brain just fails at associations.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Maighstir
While all voters seem to prefer preventing suicides, they are split over how best to do so. Ultimately, however, the group opting for education and help won out over the group advocating for a more pleasant atmosphere through redecoration.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (71)
Economy: Reasonable (28)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (74) [+1]

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.314 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

Anti-government web sites are springing up, the study of medicine is popular throughout Gogan, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and the Gogan Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 433rd in The North Pacific and 15,279th in the world for Safest, scoring 242.8 on the Bubble-Rapp Safety Rating.

==== Issues ====
18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, the Gogan Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

A Taste Of Revenge (issue 351) (#259)
A spectacular but failed attempt on your life made national news today. Interrogation of captured suspects has pinned the blame on agents of the nation of Blackacre, with which Gogan has notoriously chilly relations. Your cabinet is divided as to how to respond.

1. "Assassins, huh? Well, two can play at that game!" says Warren McCue, your chief military adviser. "An eye for an eye! A tooth for a tooth! An assassination for a... missed shot, I suppose. Never mind that, think of the possibilities! Not only can we strike back at the scumbags who sent this assassin after you, we can turn our attention to... 'manipulating' the positions of foreign leaders and political rivals that stand in the way of Gogan's glory." He then points two fingers at the wall and mouths 'bang bang' noises.

2. "Sending assassins to avenge you isn't enough!" argues hawkish talk-show host, Erica Brown. "The fact that Blackacre is this bold means we haven't made them fear us yet - and a nation that isn't feared isn't respected. We need to do the only thing we CAN do: bomb their cities! Raise a revolution! Salt their fields! It may cost money, but our nation's honor is priceless."

3. "I can't believe what I'm hearing!" says the muffled voice of Marlon Christmas, an anti-violence protestor who was, until now, hiding in your air vents. "By building up our military-industrial complex, WE have become the aggressor. WE are giving nations like Blackacre good reasons to hate us! No wonder they tried to kill you - we aren't giving them enough breathing room. If we cut back our military a bit and sent them a fruit basket now and then these problems would never happen."

==== Public announcement ====
Maighstir: Thanks. Sometimes my English isn'tmquite as good as I wish it were. And sometimes my brain just fails at associations.
A bit too hard on yourself ;) Glad I could help out a bit.
351: dismiss I thought we didn't really have a military, what's to cut back? Hate 1 & 2 and 3 can't be true because we are pacifists.
RWarehall: 351: dismiss I thought we didn't really have a military, what's to cut back? Hate 1 & 2 and 3 can't be true because we are pacifists.
I agree, how often do we have to say no to the military to have it stick?

351:dismiss
chevkoch: I agree, how often do we have to say no to the military to have it stick?
Not all issues are set to "only display this if ...", and even those that are may not be entirely logical.

A newer issue may contain a statement of "only applicable if issue #x was last set to y" or "only applicable if civil rights/economy/political freedoms is between x and y", but I quite doubt older issues are changed to incorporate decisions from newer ones.
Post edited May 13, 2014 by Maighstir
351: dismiss

We don't even have a real military. Would vote for diplomatical and economical sanctions, but there isn't such an option and looking at our economy it might not be a good idea too.