It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timelord1963: That's a long sentence, take a breath :P

No, I doubt GOG could say that, as has been said before it'd likely be unprofessional to reveal they'd rejected a game because it's a rubbish bug-ridden mess or was poor value. It would also start a precedent of having to publically explain every rejection in future whenever demanded to do so, when they've never done that in the past.

The point I think you are missing is that it's not that people disagreeing with you are speculating up ways of GOG being right. Rather, it's that many of the pro-Hatred, "if you won't sell Hatred you are censoring us, bad GOG, boycott, boycott!" posts are jumping to massive conclusions and assuming that GOG must be in the wrong. That argument is total speculation and that's what's being pointed out to you.

You've no proof to support that stance and at the moment a good chunk of this thread reads as an attempt at emotional manipulation where the only right thing GOG can do in your eyes is to release the game here, regardless of the game's actual quality (which again, does not seem to be very good). The speculation and assumption is on your side and you're ignoring the many times people have pointed this out to you.

Thanks for the funboy, sounds like much more fun than fanboy :)
Supremtin: I don't care weather gog releases the game here or not its their store youre the ones I don't get clearly defending them even when theyre obviously wrong, you want your proof go back and scrutinize the withcer 3 downgrade this was exactly what happened, cdpr kept quiet funboys still defended them
tinyE: That was you trying to make it funny? It sounded like you were trying to be an asshole. :P
Supremtin: nah am pretty sure I would have said something like 'hey fucking asshole cthulhu stop being a dick and join the fight'
Fair enough but I'm still backing out of the thread for now.
amok: The highlight of your career here, so far, is telling TinyE that he should have his cancer back.
I don't really care about him and I think most of his comments are nonsense. But let's be fair: The comment you are referring to was made by Tracido and not by Supremtin.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by PaterAlf
GOG more than likely rejected it due to price point. It's only around 5 hours long and it's a standard twin stick with some nice destruction. Not really worth $20 though. Maybe $10.
Primo_Victoria: I think the devs of Hatred will probably spill the beans one day.
I went on their site and they said clearly they got no explanation from GOG. None. Those guys have been about as transparent as you can be for creating a controversy.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Garrison72
low rated
JKHSawyer: GOG more than likely rejected it due to price point. It's only around 5 hours long and it's a standard twin stick with some nice destruction. Not really worth $20 though. Maybe $10.
yeah and to think they would come out and say it cause people are mad, obviously theres something more to this
amok: The highlight of your career here, so far, is telling TinyE that he should have his cancer back.
PaterAlf: I don't really care about him and I think most of his comments are nonsense. But let's be fair: The comment you are referring to was made by Tracido and not by Supremtin.
whops... sorry. Yes. I will re-edit.

but that makes Supremtin even having less of an impact than I first though....
What is a twin stick anyway?

I guess I missed the FPS meeting where they explained that.
tinyE: What is a twin stick anyway?

They're actually quite rare, but think Alien Shooter and Alien Syndrome from many years ago. Two joysticks to control movement, but it works well with M&K as well. It's what attracted me to the game in the first place, the combat mechanics and camera angle.
Timelord1963:
Supremtin: I don't care weather gog releases the game here or not its their store youre the ones I don't get clearly defending them even when theyre obviously wrong, you want your proof go back and scrutinize the withcer 3 downgrade this was exactly what happened, cdpr kept quiet funboys still defended them
The thing is, they aren't obviously wrong. One last time - you have no proof, only assumptions. And you seem to be overlooking the other very likely alternatives for rejection of short length, high price, repetitive mediocre content, and potential buggyness that are coming through from the early reviews and comments.

Hell, you yourself damned it with faint praise in the original post I replied to:

EBToriginal: I like how people refuse to even conceive of the notion that it was rejected due to not being very good.
Supremtin: I like how you cant conceive of the notion that there are way more worse games here than hatred(gameplay wise)
That doesn't exactly sound like you think too much of Hatred's quality as a game...

How is anything to do with The Witcher 3 any kind of proof regarding what GOG may have decided about Hatred?

tinyE: That was you trying to make it funny? It sounded like you were trying to be an asshole. :P
Supremtin: nah am pretty sure I would have said something like 'hey fucking asshole cthulhu stop being a dick and join the fight'
Yes, that reply would indeed have made you sound like an asshole, what a good thing you didn't do that... :(
low rated
Primo_Victoria: I think the devs of Hatred will probably spill the beans one day.
Garrison72: I went on their site and they said clearly they got no explanation from GOG. None. Those guys have been about as transparent as you can be for creating a controversy.
"We can't sell it." and that's it?
low rated
Timelord1963: The thing is, they aren't obviously wrong. One last time - you have no proof, only assumptions. And you seem to be overlooking the other very likely alternatives for rejection of short length, high price, repetitive mediocre content, and potential buggyness that are coming through from the early reviews and comments.
apparently Hatred happens to be the only game on gog that happens to be 'short length, high price, repetitive mediocre content, and potential buggyness' if you really cant see that gog is doing exactly what steam tried to do and exactly what twitch is doing then am going to have to call you naive

Garrison72: I went on their site and they said clearly they got no explanation from GOG. None. Those guys have been about as transparent as you can be for creating a controversy.
Primo_Victoria: "We can't sell it." and that's it?
can you imagine the type of backslash they would get for saying something like that?
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Supremtin

Garrison72: They're actually quite rare, but think Alien Shooter and Alien Syndrome from many years ago. Two joysticks to control movement, but it works well with M&K as well. It's what attracted me to the game in the first place, the combat mechanics and camera angle.
Yeah I grew up in the 80s arcade era, kind of, so remember seeing those, but I hadn't quite put two and two together that this is what it was referring too.

it refers to a [url=https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsVsvU8YXzzzp5uCCRLtdZXKzhdiMF0MxmCLwq-WFHG1yWyaufuVVq5ec]joypad[/url], where the left stick tends to control the movement of the avatar, and the right the direction of fire. So you can move in one direction, but fire in another.
Primo_Victoria: "We can't sell it." and that's it?
Yep. The DC guys just said it was their loss. But truth is GOG is second to Steam in digital sales. So it's really a big deal. Maybe because they know the guys from GOG, being from Poland, and they don't want to stir the pot. But I read an interview with the CEO of DC and he said if this game fails the company is done and everyone has to go get another job.
Timelord1963: The thing is, they aren't obviously wrong. One last time - you have no proof, only assumptions. And you seem to be overlooking the other very likely alternatives for rejection of short length, high price, repetitive mediocre content, and potential buggyness that are coming through from the early reviews and comments.
Supremtin: apparently Hatred happens to be the only game on gog that happens to be 'short length, high price, repetitive mediocre content, and potential buggyness' if you really cant see that gog is doing exactly what steam tried to do and exactly what twitch is doing then am going to have to call you naive
Thanks, blinkered :)

If that's the level of game quality your heart is set on being sold here and that you want to argue for, I think I'll call it a day at this point.
Post edited May 31, 2015 by Timelord1963