It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Starmaker: Assuming you like the game and sympathize with the devs -- are you nuts? Why on earth would you want GOG to make an official statement? I mean, suppose GOG is in collusion with the World Feminazi Dictatorship, do you actually expect them to say, "We are in collusion with the World Feminazi Dictatorship"? No, they'll say something subjectively negative about the game, like, "Unfortunately, it's not up to our standards". How exactly will it be helpful?
LeonardoCornejo: Because I have faith that GOG is not coluded witht he corrupt politically correct agenda (Based on the fact that feminazis hate their games, the GamerGate thread is not deleted, and many games released here are not well liked by feminists and other politically correct groups) is that I want a public statement.
DCT: I remember when Steam used to do that too, It wasn't uncommon for devs to submit their games multiple times to Steam and be rejected every single time till some mysterious planetary alignment happened and what not then it gets accepted. SPAZ/Space Pirates and Zombies was rejected for over two years before they got accepted. Now look at Steam they went in the completely opposite direction and the place is swimming in a sea of crap and I can't be bothered to swim through and try to find the diamonds in the rough.

Which brings me to my point we either deal with curation and often weird logic behind rejections like when Xenonauts was rejected for being too high of a price for a indy game or we can go in the other direction and have another Steam, Desura, Apple App store, Google play where it's flooded with garbage and it's a chore to find the good stuff.

Honestly I can live with the occasional head scratching rejection if it means we are free from shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_WOMUYaoc which is just a bunch of store bought unity assets plop together in a very poor controlling game

This:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3mlPJ-1xM

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOb9ADaFc-w

and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJKehzVYP8

To name a few peices of shit on Steam now. Yes I know I linked to nothing but Jim Sterlings vids on them but I am lazy and they were the first ones to pop up.

Now personally I think a good mid ground would be if GOG rejects something then they could toss it to us or check the wishlist and how much people want it and then reconisder, maybe they already do that and the reason why Hatred was rejected was because GOG didn't agree with the Devs on certain points be it DRM, Steam keys, revenue split, price point whatever.

But to those asking for a response, don't aspect to get one outside of "it was rejected" it's just poor business practice and can lead to trouble. I still haven't forgotten the backlash that happened here when TET said that Xenonauts was rejected due to being to high of a price for a indy game.
LeonardoCornejo: A half assed "We care deeply about our customers and stand against censorship, you don't have to worry about us censoring gamer or applying DRM at all" Would be enough for me.
You know your not going to get one right? You can ask but it's not going to happen. They are a business and it's bad business to make statements on such matters because no matter what they say it will be held and used against them in the court of public opinion. It's why for years when Valve used to curate Steam they never made a public statement on why a game was rejected.
Starmaker: Assuming you like the game and sympathize with the devs -- are you nuts? Why on earth would you want GOG to make an official statement? I mean, suppose GOG is in collusion with the World Feminazi Dictatorship, do you actually expect them to say, "We are in collusion with the World Feminazi Dictatorship"? No, they'll say something subjectively negative about the game, like, "Unfortunately, it's not up to our standards". How exactly will it be helpful?
LeonardoCornejo: Because I have faith that GOG is not coluded witht he corrupt politically correct agenda (Based on the fact that feminazis hate their games, the GamerGate thread is not deleted, and many games released here are not well liked by feminists and other politically correct groups) is that I want a public statement.
Oh, it's MRA turtles all the way down.

If you have FAITH that GOG didn't reject the game out of political agenda, then it logically follows that they rejected it for a good, commercially sound reason. Meaning every other potential partner who's selective in what they sell should at least consider rejecting the game, too.

How
exactly
will
it
help
your
cause?
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Starmaker
low rated

A half assed "We care deeply about our customers and stand against censorship, you don't have to worry about us censoring gamer or applying DRM at all" Would be enough for me.
DCT: You know your not going to get one right? You can ask but it's not going to happen. They are a business and it's bad business to make statements on such matters because no matter what they say it will be held and used against them in the court of public opinion. It's why for years when Valve used to curate Steam they never made a public statement on why a game was rejected.
Remember when GOG dropped Nordic for a long time not knowing if they would bring them back in the future? They gave that half assed answer and the waters calmed a little. It might work with this one too.
You will not get it, because it is a matter of professionalism, not politics. It would be very unprofessional for gOg to publicise why they reject games.
LeonardoCornejo: Remember when GOG dropped Nordic for a long time not knowing if they would bring them back in the future? They gave that half assed answer and the waters calmed a little. It might work with this one too.
All gOg said was that they could not reach an agreement. That was all. All the other info came from Nordic.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by amok
And i thought illuminati were the main Internet villain; seems it's the "corrupt pilitically correct agenda of the feminazzis" we should be scared of.
Actually the idea of a courrupt correct agenda makes my heads really spin....

Well, to the Tinfoil Cave!!! NANANANANANANAA
Nipoti: And i thought illuminati were the main Internet villain; seems it's the "corrupt pilitically correct agenda of the feminazzis" we should be scared of.

Did you not know that the Illuminati is behind the Femnazis?
Nipoti: And i thought illuminati were the main Internet villain; seems it's the "corrupt pilitically correct agenda of the feminazzis" we should be scared of.

amok: Did you not know that the Illuminati is behind the Femnazis?
Plot twist!
DCT: You know your not going to get one right? You can ask but it's not going to happen. They are a business and it's bad business to make statements on such matters because no matter what they say it will be held and used against them in the court of public opinion. It's why for years when Valve used to curate Steam they never made a public statement on why a game was rejected.
LeonardoCornejo: Remember when GOG dropped Nordic for a long time not knowing if they would bring them back in the future? They gave that half assed answer and the waters calmed a little. It might work with this one too.
1. As amok pointed out all GOG said was "we couldn't reach a agreement" the rest came from Nordic

2. That was about losing 13+ games from the catalog, GOG often makes statements when stuff is pulled but they rarely if ever comment on why games are rejected. So again not going to happen at least on their end.
amok: You will not get it, because it is a matter of professionalism, not politics. It would be very unprofessional for gOg to publicise why they reject games.
amok: All gOg said was that they could not reach an agreement. That was all. All the other info came from Nordic.
So saying it had nothing to do with censorship would harm them? I don't think so.
DCT: 1. As amok pointed out all GOG said was "we couldn't reach a agreement" the rest came from Nordic

2. That was about losing 30+ games from the catalog, GOG often makes statements when stuff is pulled but they rarely if ever comment on why games are rejected. So again not going to happen at least on their end.
Fixed it for you.
low rated

Except that this paranoia is based on real things. Check the facts, I recomend visiting deepfreeze.it.

amok: Did you not know that the Illuminati is behind the Femnazis?
No, no, no, it's the Illuminutty. They're secretly putting female growth hormones in all the peanut butter supply to turn us all into STRONK WOMYN!!!!11 Now how nutty is that?
Wake me when you get to the part about the Commies putting fluoride into the water.
DCT: 1. As amok pointed out all GOG said was "we couldn't reach a agreement" the rest came from Nordic

2. That was about losing 13+ games from the catalog, GOG often makes statements when stuff is pulled but they rarely if ever comment on why games are rejected. So again not going to happen at least on their end.
I'm not 100% sure if that's true, though. I'm pretty sure they gave a statement after the Cat Lady debacle when they released it. (Could be I have a pretty bad memory, but I'm pretty sure they gave one in the release thread.)
tinyE: Wake me when you get to the part about the Commies putting fluoride into the water.
How else did you get that sparkling smile? Wait, wait...I actually don't want an answer for that. :P
Post edited May 28, 2015 by LiquidOxygen80
do you think If they submitted it a year from now they would have a better chance. When they become more well known.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by armedready