It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Insomnia returns to GOG.com.

[i]BREAKING TOO: You bought all the classics. Nice! Fresh new games are taking over both streams until all units are gone. We're getting there, so be quick!
[/i]

BREAKING: Doomsday projections of an impending worldwide caffeine shortage reported, as the hyper-popular Insomnia promo returns to GOG.com. Last spotted in May of 2014, the "greatest promo ever" has since transformed into a phenomenon most accurately described as "Double Insomnia". GOG.com's best men have been unable to fully comprehend the nature of this beastly transformation so far. Preliminary research indicates, however, that its effects are relatively benign.

Welcome back, sleepless friends. Against everyone's better judgement, the hyperactive promo returns to GOG.com with twice the everything. The Double Insomnia Promo will feature more games than ever, and two simultaneous pools: Seasoned classics and Fresh new titles. If you know how this works you're probably trembling with anticipation already (or is it fear?), but if you're just joining us... well, you'll still probably make it out okay.

What's all the hullabaloo about? All sales are offered in limited quantities, and the number of copies remaining is labeled with a huge counter on the front page. There are two pools, and only one game from either pool can be on sale at one time. Once a game sells out, another will immediately take its place so that two are always available. If you missed your chance, fear not but keep your eyes open! Your favorite one will probably be back. Insomnia mercilessly goes on, day and night, until every single unit is gone - like a carousel of deals. You might even have a chance to get a free game, if you're lucky that is.
Post edited March 02, 2015 by Konrad
yogsloth: Bagged "Kronos" for free. Fantastic.
How the freebies occasion works? Haven't seen any prompt or something.
Post edited March 02, 2015 by temia
temia: How the freebies occasion works? Haven't seen any prompt or something.
I guess if you buy a game you have the chance that it will be for free.
Melhelix: Wooooooooooooo! /o/ *runs streaking by* \o\

Insomnia! Insomnia!

Strangely, I didn't check GOG last night when I had insomnia myself. That'll teach me.
It didn't start until a few hours ago, so you didn't miss much.
About time you showed! Hope you're not in one of the parts of the country that are deep in snow. :)

Good one! That's one of the better freebies to come around for lucky clickers.
high rated

Insomnia! Insomnia!

Strangely, I didn't check GOG last night when I had insomnia myself. That'll teach me.
Hey there, come join us in the tracker thread! :-)
wish we could vote on which games showed up. like as two games are on sale there is also a vote for which games come up next. anyways thanks gog for the sale. will definitely pick up some games if I see one that's been on my radar.
IAmSinistar: About time you showed! Hope you're not in one of the parts of the country that are deep in snow. :)
Nah, they're stealing all mah snow! Seriously, it's freaky. Northern Idaho has no snow on the ground. We always have snow! I don't know how to handle all this dirt and stuff.
GoG Staff: "Oh noes, they didn't like 'Good News™' introducing region locking (who would've thought?)! Quickly, throw some promos at them, preferably insomnia promo, which they hate to love."

So GoG, you're counting on insomnia impairing our short term memory. Very cunning...
This looks exciting and I could part with my money if the right thing comes up.
Melhelix: Nah, they're stealing all mah snow! Seriously, it's freaky. Northern Idaho has no snow on the ground. We always have snow! I don't know how to handle all this dirt and stuff.
We got a good round of it here in Virginia, it's still on the ground in a lot of places. Winter seems to come later than it used to here, and rougher.
Great news!It's back!
I can't wait to find out what the roster is for this promo. I probably won't get a lot of games this time around.
Oh dear lord, I knew there was gonna be a good reason I was holding off using that visa gift card I received.
Gunning for Outcast 1.1 I rememeber when it was released back in the day but never picked it up. I hear it's a really fun game..nice reviews from what I have seen. OH..and also Divinity OS if theres wang bang deal on it! Outstars and Geordyjones stream was great with that game..worth the watch!
Post edited March 02, 2015 by Byeohazard
"We have temporarily blocked your access to our website because You have exceeded number of simultaneous connections. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you see this message very often, please contact our Support Team immediately after you are able to access GOG.com normally."

Um, that's the first time in 3 years I've gotten that in response to loading a page. I've got 5 GOG web pages open right now, 4 of them in forums, none of them reloading - they're sitting idle, one copy of the homepage. I waited a few minutes and reloaded this page and it let me load it again so that is good.

As a several year customer of GOG.com though who owns 1/3 of the catalogue though, if this is a new policy I consider it unacceptable. I'm a very highly loyal paying customer and expect good service (and have always gotten it in the past IMHO), but if I'm accessing the website in a reasonable manner even while it is under load of a promo and I'm rudely booted out and feel as if I've been sent to the principal's office well... I'll simply close all GOG pages and help to ease the load on the promo for everyone else for the entire duration of the promo... and my wallet along with it.

I'm just saying... seriously guys, that is a rude message. Call Amazon and tell them to hook you up with AWS, push a few buttons. Customer service blah blah, the customer is always right... :)

I love you GOG.com, and I will tomorrow too, but get your stuff together or you're sleeping on the couch for a month! :)