It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DaCostaBR: It's official now: Hillary won the popular vote, yet Trump won the election.

This is the second time in less than 20 years that the candidate with the fewer votes is elected. Counting 1824, 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016, the electoral college has a failure rate of more than 11%.
That is important to state, because one depressing aspect is how the USA shattered any bit of international credibility it had (who will take Trump as a serious state representative, except the Putin-like dictators who will pretend to ?), and how it will fuel a certain brand of imbecile anti-americanism that is the perfect symetry of Trump-like racisms.

That's why I don't like at all the anti-american jokes of Jamyskis (or others elsewhere). These represent exactly the mentality and worldview that I detest about the right wing, and it shocks me to see it represented by "progressives". Besides full-fledged openly proud racists, xenophobes, islamophobes, homophobes, the GOG forums are also full of self-proclaimed antiracists with terrifying double standards, ready to essentialize whole countries (Greece, the USA, Turkey, whatever) with no more reflexivity than the nationalist creeps that they chastize when convenient.

The reality is that essentialist culturalism, the racialization of nations, with curses and insults directed at groups of people who only share skin/passport colours, vague religious identities, or income ranges (and not : opinions, moralities or sensitivities) is precisely the assholery that makes the distinction between decent humans and disgusting morons. That is where the true divide is. Some people feel shielded because they carry a little left/progressive/whatever flag, with its implicit "whatever I say I am not the racist because I am the one who designates them", and who have zero understanding of the cognitive issue at stake, are no better than those who routinely spit at everything that isn't their own country/religion/skin colour. They function the same way, with the same consequences, in arbitrarily allowed contexts.

So yes. Most US citizens are -and voted- against Trump. And even if they had been marginally less (or even significantly less) than half the population : Trump is not the USA, neither is Obama, nor was Bush.

Only the Trump mentality can justify global statements on the owners of US passports. But expect this Trump mentality to show up quite often where it gets usually denounced.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Telika
codefenix: The election would merely be a popularity contest otherwise.
Ixamyakxim: We just elected a reality TV caricature President. I'm pretty sure we're there already.

That said, I'll totally be voting Oprah '20.

I'd also be fine with Tyler Perry in drag and a fat suit.
Kanye announced last year that he was running in '20. So, there's another possibility.
I vote for Franklin D. Roosevelt if he was ressurected with Necromancy and White Magic.
If you want to make a list of easily manipulated fools for future reference just write down the names of all the people who are convinced that Hillary Clinton is the "queen of corruption and warmongering". I'm sure these people might be willing to uncritically accept a lot of lies and ideological nonsense as long as the general narrative of the story agrees with their current belief.

While there is a whole lot of things that you could criticize most American senators and congressmen for, the idea that there is something outstandingly bad about Hillary Clinton is really ridiculous. I'm really disappointed that so many people are so naive (or uninterested in the truth) that they fail to see that the whole "Crooked Hillary" narrative is just a creation of the Trump campaign. These people ride on you, and you are loving it!

Mrs Clinton does not appear as a person that would make a great president, but she is not the antichrist!
Sargon: If you want to make a list of easily manipulated fools for future reference just write down the names of all the people who are convinced that Hillary Clinton is the "queen of corruption and warmongering". I'm sure these people might be willing to uncritically accept a lot of lies and ideological nonsense as long as the general narrative of the story agrees with their current belief.

While there is a whole lot of things that you could criticize most American senators and congressmen for, the idea that there is something outstandingly bad about Hillary Clinton is really ridiculous. I'm really disappointed that so many people are so naive (or uninterested in the truth) that they fail to see that the whole "Crooked Hillary" narrative is just a creation of the Trump campaign. These people ride on you, and you are loving it!

Mrs Clinton does not appear as a person that would make a great president, but she is not the antichrist!
She's not the Anti Christ, but she is a Selfish Machiavellian Powermonger.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Elmofongo
The thing is, despite all of his rhetoric, Trump won't be any different than any other president in the history of the US. All of his personal beliefs and abilities will be blunted by the enormous bureaucratic juggernaut that is US Government. Nothing and no one can break it or change but it will surely change Trump.
So most American voters complained about both Hillary and Trump being horrible candidates. More than 95% of them voted for Hillary or Trump. I'm confused.
2016falling: So most American voters complained about both Hillary and Trump being horrible candidates. More than 95% of them voted for Hillary or Trump. I'm confused.
Well, first of all, 95% of US population are not voters (many are too young or ineligible as illegal immigrants or current and ex-convicts). Second, many voters are reluctant to vote anyways, since they see little difference between candidates. I'd be surprised if the voter turnout was over 50% in the US for this election.
2016falling: So most American voters complained about both Hillary and Trump being horrible candidates. More than 95% of them voted for Hillary or Trump. I'm confused.
anzial: Well, first of all, 95% of US population are not voters (many are too young or ineligible as illegal immigrants or current and ex-convicts). Second, many voters are reluctant to vote anyways, since they see little difference between candidates. I'd be surprised if the voter turnout was over 50% in the US for this election.
That's why I wrote "American voters", not "Americans", and also not "Americans who are allowed to vote".
anzial: Well, first of all, 95% of US population are not voters (many are too young or ineligible as illegal immigrants or current and ex-convicts). Second, many voters are reluctant to vote anyways, since they see little difference between candidates. I'd be surprised if the voter turnout was over 50% in the US for this election.
2016falling: That's why I wrote "American voters", not "Americans", and also not "Americans who are allowed to vote".
Fair enough but many people who complained didn't vote ;) As I said in my 2nd point above ;)
Post edited November 09, 2016 by anzial
codefenix: The election would merely be a popularity contest otherwise.
Ixamyakxim: We just elected a reality TV caricature President. I'm pretty sure we're there already.

That said, I'll totally be voting Oprah '20.

I'd also be fine with Tyler Perry in drag and a fat suit.
Ba-da-bing! Oooh, this humor hurts like laughing with a cracked rib.
+1
low rated
Elmofongo: I vote for Franklin D. Roosevelt if he was ressurected with Necromancy and White Magic.
Honestly, since you mentioned the name "Roosevelt", i'd much rather see the legendary hotel Roosevelt resurrected and being functional again. With only technical skills, no magic needed... ^_^
It's all downhill from here
Post edited November 09, 2016 by toasytox
2016falling: That's why I wrote "American voters", not "Americans", and also not "Americans who are allowed to vote".
Sorry can't resist:
You are both wrong :P

You said: "American voters", which would include Canadians and Mexicans at least (if you take ALL America, even more) :P

Anzial did correct you to the >US< voter base but I assume it was to early for him to really do a bit of math ;)
As 5% would be roughly (give or take a few mil) 5 million voters, which did definitely vote, so the 50% can not be true as well ;)
Attachments:
007.jpg (194 Kb)