It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: DOW JONES IS UP THIS MORNING

CHA CHING IN MY POCKSIES
I wouldn't have anticipated the markets really reacting poorly to this. After all, Brexit created an environment that was unfavourable for business in Britain, but the election of the strongly pro-business Trump means that major businesses will have an easier time of it.

The low-income workers on the other hand, well, they're likely to suffer. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Dismember77777: Germany already has that award
jamyskis: Indeed. Sat proudly on the shelf, dated 1933.
Well, look at the bright side - Germany isn't the country that managed to kill off most of its own people. That's something to celebrate ;-P

sanscript: Russia would actually be better off with Trotsky than Stalin.
Telika: True in the sense that Trotsky was an ideologue as opposed to a purely self-serving egomaniac gangster à la Stalin (or Trump for that matter). However, he had no qualms sacrificing masses of humans in the name of his ideology's "greater good", so it's hard to speculate on what he would have ended up doing in a position of power. Self-serving maniacs are not always more devastating than well-meaning fanatics. Especially when realities require some shoehorning to fit the Grand Plan's fundamental assumptions.

Given his actions and his cynicism, I suspect that, no matter their differences of motives, Trotsky's hands being less bloody than Stalin's is mostly a matter of circumstances.
You're right. Again, it's like choosing between cholera or a nasty Trump-clamydia :P
Post edited November 09, 2016 by sanscript
*wakes up, checks news* Fuck me. Too many damn idiots in this country. That's all I'll say.
I'm enjoying this to the fullest.

And I voted Gary Johnson. My wife voted for one of those other nuts.

HAI CELEBRITIES

YOU HAVE TO LEAVE TEH COUNTRY NOW

YOU PROMISED
jamyskis: Going OT for a moment, your avatar and text is absolutely mesmerising.
Da, I noticed it too. It appeared right after I saw bears to also trump'het.
mistermumbles: *wakes up, checks news* Fuck me. Too many damn idiots in this country. That's all I'll say.
Then come to Norway - we have an open border policy ;-)
It's official now: Hillary won the popular vote, yet Trump won the election.

This is the second time in less than 20 years that the candidate with the fewer votes is elected. Counting 1824, 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016, the electoral college has a failure rate of more than 11%.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by DaCostaBR
My condolences to every American in here. I hope your great nation will get through these four years without any major troubles. I hope that the charlatan will not cause any great destruction. The best of luck to you.
micktiegs_8: I wish there was a button to lock my own thread... maybe everyone should just mass spam report it and see what happens.
trying to get a blue when they're online is like trying to find Wally in a 140p full-screen resolution picture on a 1080p monitor.
Nah, better leave it open for a few days so it doesn't spill on other topics (thus making it easier to avoid the subject). And in the end, after a good night of sleep, everybody will have calmed down and got back to their daily habits (mmm, I'm wondering what I'm gonna eat tonight....)
Sargon: My condolences to every American in here. I hope your great nation will get through these four years without any major troubles. I hope that the charlatan will not cause any great destruction. The best of luck to you.
Mr. Clinton, please relogin!
DaCostaBR: Counting 1824, 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016, the electoral college has a failure rate of more than 11%.
While flawed, this isn't a "failing". It's by design, in order to ensure proportional weight given to all states. The election would merely be a popularity contest otherwise.
mistermumbles: *wakes up, checks news* Fuck me. Too many damn idiots in this country. That's all I'll say.
sanscript: Then come to Norway - we have an open border policy ;-)
I think he meant open "door", not just open border :)
codefenix: The election would merely be a popularity contest otherwise.
We just elected a reality TV caricature President. I'm pretty sure we're there already.

That said, I'll totally be voting Oprah '20.

I'd also be fine with Tyler Perry in drag and a fat suit.
I personally vote for Michelle Obama!

Not only would she be the first women, but also the first black woman to be the president. As little I've been following this circus, I can say she might be the only worthy candidate. It's been a long tradition to only recruit white, old'n wealthy men into the politic.
codefenix: While flawed, this isn't a "failing". It's by design, in order to ensure proportional weight given to all states. The election would merely be a popularity contest otherwise.
I don't dispute it's by design, but that doesn't make it any less of a failure or undemocratic.