It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vote: meda
vote count / votecount / vote-count / VC - 1.06
--------------------------------------------------------

medamiedo - 3 - Hunter65536, CSPVG, medamiedo,
Lifthrasil - 2 - oldwino, DarkoD13,
GammaEmerald - 1 - Lifthrasil,
oldwino - 1 - trentonlf,

not voting: RWarehall, GammaEmerald, Sage103082,

10 alive takes 6 to LYNCH

medamiedo is closest to LYNCH at L-3

- if your vote is not on the player you want it to be, notify me
medamiedo: Vote: meda
Why are you self voting?
Bored. No one actually interested in playing mafia
CSPVG: I can't hang 'round no more. Ain't much left to be talked about at this point - to me, anyhow. Seems to me that it's votin' time. This is just mighty frustratin'. We ain't doing nothing but going about in circles.

I wanted to give meda the benefit o' the doubt, but good golly, I dunno what to think no more. Only way to solve this impasse is to...

Again, someone made a claim that they have a power. Tried to use said power on a player but couldn't. Then used the power on another player successfully. I know for a fact that in any other game you would put pressure on the player on whom the power failed. But instead you vote for the person that made the claim.

However this goes down, it will be worthwhile to examine posts like these on D2.
DarkoD13: Based on the info in the qt and how she went about playing it, I find her being mafia extremely unlikely. I don't see enough to exclude a neutral role.
Unless I'm missing something obvious, which wouldn't be impossible since you all have decided to pile up and not give me a proper chance to catch up, I can't exclude the possibility of a neutral.
Which means that meda lied again. She said she had used a power that would confirm her 100% as town to you directly. And confirm you as town to her. If that would have been the case, you wouldn't have to catch up, because you would have recieved a statement by the mod that meda is town. (anything else wouldn't be a 100% confirmation).

So, either you both are scum and you hesitate to make a solid statement because you want to avoid contradictions with what meda wrote. Especially because you don't have a day-chat according to the mod. Or you are not alignment linked, meda sent you some information / neighborization or whatever, which is, however, not as 100% town confirming as she told it. In any case, there is a contradiction again and this means there is something off about the meda/darko pairing.

And now, with now 100% mutual confirmation, I see only one way to unravel this. Lynch one of the two, as has been discussed several times. Preferrably meda, since she is the one who made all these claims. I don't know whether she oversells her role intentionally or whether she didn't understand what her role does on darko's/quad's side or whatever. But the point is: if she is telling the truth, she already used up her role and is just vanilla. If the lynch on her is a mislynch, we lose a vanilla but gain a confirmation of Darko, who might be PR or anything. If she, however, is scum or neutral who tried some stupid gamble, we get to rejoice after the lynch. I still see Gamma as scummy for how easily he trusted the then still completely unconfirmed meda, but I think game-wise it makes most sense to lynch meda. There is a good chance that she was making stuff up and even if part of what she wrote is true, we gain a confirmation.

unvote Gamma
vote meda

@Darko: no. I am not going to state my name since, as you will see once you have caught up, revealing my name would in effect be the same as a full claim. I am not ready to do a full claim yet.
DarkoD13: Again, someone made a claim that they have a power. Tried to use said power on a player but couldn't. Then used the power on another player successfully. I know for a fact that in any other game you would put pressure on the player on whom the power failed. But instead you vote for the person that made the claim.
Little explanation here since you probably still haven't caught up fully: meda's most recent statement on this was, that her power on me actually didn't fail, but she wasn't allowed to use it on me in the first place. drealmer asked her to target someone else instead and meda says she wasn't told the reason for that. Might be something role related or balance related or drealmer had a list of possible targets or whatever. No one knows. But in any case the statement that the masonizing power 'failed' on me is false. It was, upon mod-request, never applied to me, that's a difference.

As for why the pressure is on meda, that's because of her back and forth which created lots of contradictions. She didn't say "I am going to use a mazonizing power on Lift" she stated flatly "I am Masons with RW ... oh, no wait. With Lifthrasil." - which was a false statement!
Then she said "I am Masons with Quad" - which was a false statement too. Only later, when the pressure on her rose due to Quad denying to be Masons with her, she corrected "Oh, I totally meant I used a masonize power on Quad, and he just didn't get the notice in time."

And now, that you are here, this is further reduced to "Oh, actually it isn't called 'masonize'. It's not called anything. But it's literally 100%!" ... which it isn't according to you. So another contradiction. That's why the pressure is on meda. She keeps making false or incomplete statements which she later changes/corrects/fine-tunes. Whatever you want to call it.
Could you answer some questions of mine before you lynch yourself?
Just to be clear, best case scenario you're just town and neutral hunting. Worst case scenario you're doing exactly what scum players would do.

Lifthrasil: revealing my name would in effect be the same as a full claim
If you believe that to be the case then we might as well all claim now and end the game D1. Also worth noting, if you lynch meda and she flips town and I get NKed (and will flip town), you will be the D2 lynch since no one will be there to make sense of the power failure. I don't see any other outcome for you and it would be unfortunate if you're actually town.

Post merge: If you want to call it power application failure, call it that.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by DarkoD13
CSPVG: I can't hang 'round no more. Ain't much left to be talked about at this point - to me, anyhow. Seems to me that it's votin' time. This is just mighty frustratin'. We ain't doing nothing but going about in circles.

I wanted to give meda the benefit o' the doubt, but good golly, I dunno what to think no more. Only way to solve this impasse is to...

DarkoD13: Again, someone made a claim that they have a power. Tried to use said power on a player but couldn't. Then used the power on another player successfully. I know for a fact that in any other game you would put pressure on the player on whom the power failed. But instead you vote for the person that made the claim.

However this goes down, it will be worthwhile to examine posts like these on D2.
When meda first made her claim that she was Masons with Lift and then said she was wrong and her making Lift a Mason failed and that Lift had to be scum. So the question was asked of her by RW exactly what her role name was: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gold_miner_laughter_forum_mafia_50/post119 Meda never answered the question and started changing things about her claim. If she had just answered the questions directed at her and helped clear things up then we could have been way past this. Here are my issues:

1. If she's a Masonizer and her recruitment of Lift failed why isn't she dead
2. If she's not a Masonizer then why doesn't she just say that, why avoid the question
3. The game this is based off of had Neighbors in it, but If all she can do is make someone her neighbor how is that a Mason? Her avoiding answering the question regarding her role claim makes it look like "oh shit I can't answer that because I really didn't make Quad a Mason".
4. Quad never confirmed they were Masons together and now you've stated that y'all are not Masons but something else and that you can't confirm she's town. So now her claim looks like an attempt to appear town when the possibility is there that she's not, and the possibility is increased because she's been lying.
5. She gets put under pressure because of the inconsistencies with her claim and instead of actually answering questions and trying to help clear things up she self votes.

No one except you can confirm her claim and you have made it clear her claim is not legit because y'all are not Masons together. So what would you have us do when she's been misleading us with her claim?
Hunter65536: Could you answer some questions of mine before you lynch yourself?
Good luck with that, her lack of answering anyone's questions is very frustrating. If she is town then this has been a total shit storm of a Day 1 for us :-/
post test
Lifthrasil: So, either you both are scum and you hesitate to make a solid statement because you want to avoid contradictions with what meda wrote. Especially because you don't have a day-chat according to the mod.
I enjoy that you would throw the lack of a day-chat out there as a possibility. Wouldn't verifying that be the easiest thing ever? Did you ever ask for proof or were you OK with the ambiguity?

Lifthrasil: but gain a confirmation of Darko
How would that work exactly?

Can't quote trent for whatever reason.

"No one except you can confirm her claim and you have made it clear her claim is not legit because y'all are not Masons together. So what would you have us do when she's been misleading us with her claim?"

Maybe not vote for the person another player says it's extremely unlikely to be scum because of her power? That's more than I can say about any of you. I don't know how her power is explained by the mod in he PMs, I only have access to quicktopic.

I suspect that some townies are voting for her simply out of frustration, thinking she broke the flow of the game. While the play is unconventional, it's not her fault quad disappeared when he did. The day-chat shows them being on the same page on the confirmation thing, but at least on quad's side, I assume it was always mostly because of mechanics.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by DarkoD13
trentonlf: Thankfully the cramps and puking have stopped and I'm feeling somewhat better. Just dealing with a raw throat and very sore stomach now.

I am concerned about Quad disappearing like he has. If he's town then he's not doing us any favors so hopefully he shows up soon and starts participating, and I still want to hear his answers to RW's questions.

@Gamma, why do you believe meda so readily? What has she done to demonstrate she has towns interest in mind?

@RW, have you ever been in a game with a masonizer role or one similar to it before? If so how is meda not dead if her recruitment of Lift failed?

@meda, let me see if I have what you're trying to say right:
1. You tried to target Lift to be your mason buddy but said RW at first by mistake.
2. Before you got confirmation from the mod you told everyone that Lift was your new mason buddy
3. Lift calls you a liar and then you get a response from the mod saying you can't recruit Lift. You then proceed to say Lift is scum because you can't make him your mason buddy.
4. You then say you made quad your mason buddy. Quad denies this at first and then later says he knows what you're plan is and his post #86 is no longer true.
5. Am I missing anything?

@everyone, We need to decide rather soon the best course to take or we will be rushing a lynch and a rushed lynch is the last thing we need.

I'm tired and grumpy so I'm going to bed now.
It's not that she's been trustworthy. I just believe their play doesn't come from scum. Said it before.

Also I do not agree that it is a good idea to vote meda yet. I want to wait a game day or two if it even comes to that. Instead I think meda might be right about trent. I'd stated my beliefs already and yet they ignore that and try to go "you shouldn't trust meda". However I do have one question to meda before going anywhere specific.

To meda: you've been saying that Lift is not confirmed scum after saying he was when you realized your action failed. What prompted this change?
medamiedo: Bored. No one actually interested in playing mafia
I am taking it No one to equal you. You pop on but do not answer anyone's questions other then why your voting yourself. If you want to play mafia why are you not helping to explain things and help us understand. Instead you choosing not to and leave confusing. Not good at all.

My question to you was in post 122 which i can not quote as it is my post so I will copy it here.

medamiedo: he's scum regardless (post 93)

Sage103082: Which one is it. Above statement or the blow statement?

medamiedo: There's no guilty on Lift. I don't know why my shot failed which is why I need him to claim his character name. As far as I know right now there's no relevance to Lift's alignment in my shot having failed. (post 102)
DarkoD13: Maybe not vote for the person another player says it's extremely unlikely to be scum because of her power? That's more than I can say about any of you. I don't know how her power is explained by the mod in he PMs, I only have access to quicktopic.
Ok, I'll bite. What makes it extremely unlikely? What information do you have regarding this power which makes it more alignment indicative?

Let me point out that last game, the two pairings were both 1 scum/1 town and if this game has similarities...