It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MMLN: Hello mrkgnao, is your code still needed to be inserted into the newest september build, to avoid .xml errors?
I have run the gogrepoc today after half year, and I am getting some errors :(

openttd will be an example of problematic game for me.
or ultima_underworld_1
Yes. GOG is still generating occasional XML/MD5 errors and I don't believe Kalanyr has added any code to address this.
Post edited October 28, 2022 by mrkgnao
MMLN: Hello mrkgnao, is your code still needed to be inserted into the newest september build, to avoid .xml errors?
I have run the gogrepoc today after half year, and I am getting some errors :(

openttd will be an example of problematic game for me.
or ultima_underworld_1
mrkgnao: Yes. GOG is still generating occasional XML/MD5 errors and I don't believe Kalanyr has added any code to address this.
Thank you, it helped. Mostly :)

I still had the same error as posted before, when running the update for underrail, which was solved, when run one more time :)

and this error, when running for prison_architect

16:01:39 | loading local manifest...
16:01:39 | loading token...
16:01:39 | loading local resume manifest...
16:01:39 | fetching game product data (page 1)...
16:01:40 | fetching game product data (page 2 / 3)...
16:01:40 | scanning found "prison_architect" in product data!
16:01:40 | saving resume manifest...
16:01:40 | saved resume manifest
16:01:40 | (1 / 1) fetching game details for prison_architect...
16:01:49 | request failed: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: [url=https://gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net/token=nva=1667053010~dirs=6~token=0004135d88538049f0274/secure/offline/1441974651/1513895746/55579891165274646/1587/setup_prison_architect_-_cleared_for_transfer_kite_9569_%2832bit%29_%2856888%29.exe]https://gog-cdn-lumen.secure2.footprint.net/token=nva=1667053010~dirs=6~token=0004135d88538049f0274/secure/offline/1441974651/1513895746/55579891165274646/1587/setup_prison_architect_-_cleared_for_transfer_kite_9569_%2832bit%29_%2856888%29.exe[/url]. will not retry.
16:01:49 | failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/prison_architect_cleared_for_transfer/en1patch0
16:01:49 | saving manifest...
16:01:50 | saved manifest
16:01:50 | saving resume manifest...
16:01:50 | saved resume manifest
16:01:50 | --
16:01:50 | total time: 0:00:10.597292
16:01:50 | exiting...
Post edited October 29, 2022 by MMLN
mrkgnao: Yes. GOG is still generating occasional XML/MD5 errors and I don't believe Kalanyr has added any code to address this.
MMLN: Thank you, it helped. Mostly :)

I still had the same error as posted before, when running the update for underrail, which was solved, when run one more time :)
Yep. That's how my clumsy fix works. You have to run it one (rarely two) more time on the failing games.

MMLN: and this error, when running for prison_architect
16:01:49 | failed to fetch https://www.gog.com/downloads/prison_architect_cleared_for_transfer/en1patch0
That's an unrelated issue. It's a broken link on GOG's side. If you click it (the Cleared for Transfer 32-bit installer) in your GOG library in your browser, you'll get the same 404 error. The only way to fix it is to open a ticket with GOG support. Unfortunately, in my case, GOG has won. Their intentionally annoying ticket system makes it so that I don't want to open any more tickets. You're welcome to do it, if you want.

P.S. If you have them, here are more broken links of more or less the same kind:
"republique (Manual (coming soon) )"
"warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies (Warhammer Chaos Gate)"
"wasteland_2_directors_cut (Wasteland Avellone Novel (coming soon))"
Post edited October 29, 2022 by mrkgnao

mrkgnao: Yep. That's how my clumsy fix works. You have to run it one (rarely two) more time on the failing games.

mrkgnao: That's an unrelated issue. It's a broken link on GOG's side. If you click it (the Cleared for Transfer 32-bit installer) in your GOG library in your browser, you'll get the same 404 error. The only way to fix it is to open a ticket with GOG support. Unfortunately, in my case, GOG has won. Their intentionally annoying ticket system makes it so that I don't want to open any more tickets. You're welcome to do it, if you want.

P.S. If you have them, here are more broken links of more or less the same kind:
I see, thanks for clarification. I have the WH40k Goodie Pack and W2DC as well. On W2DC I get some kind of error as well, but I have not noticed it on the W40k, yet. If I remember, I will check it at some point later, together with Prison Architect. Currently I am enjoying my weekend to much, to spoil it with customer support interaction :D

mrkgnao: Yep. That's how my clumsy fix works. You have to run it one (rarely two) more time on the failing games.

mrkgnao: That's an unrelated issue. It's a broken link on GOG's side. If you click it (the Cleared for Transfer 32-bit installer) in your GOG library in your browser, you'll get the same 404 error. The only way to fix it is to open a ticket with GOG support. Unfortunately, in my case, GOG has won. Their intentionally annoying ticket system makes it so that I don't want to open any more tickets. You're welcome to do it, if you want.

Just wanted to check for myself, and I could still download the cleared for transfer DLC but only the 64bit version for the latest version is available. It looks more like GoG has removed all the 32bit versions. Even the main PA game only comes in 64bit now so that link seems to be an orphan link from when GoG was removing the 32bit versions. So I don't know if you could get it even if you wrote support.

Wasteland 2 DC doesn't list the Avellone Novel at all for me. The Warhammer skulls 2022 goodie pack lists chaos gate but it doesn't have a link in my browser either so they must have removed it.
Post edited October 29, 2022 by LurkerLito

That's an unrelated issue. It's a broken link on GOG's side. If you click it (the Cleared for Transfer 32-bit installer) in your GOG library in your browser, you'll get the same 404 error. The only way to fix it is to open a ticket with GOG support. Unfortunately, in my case, GOG has won. Their intentionally annoying ticket system makes it so that I don't want to open any more tickets. You're welcome to do it, if you want.

LurkerLito: Just wanted to check for myself, and I could still download the cleared for transfer DLC but only the 64bit version for the latest version is available. It looks more like GoG has removed all the 32bit versions. Even the main PA game only comes in 64bit now so that link seems to be an orphan link from when GoG was removing the 32bit versions. So I don't know if you could get it even if you wrote support.
I don't expect them to restore the installer. I just expect them to delete the broken link. Same goes for all the other links I mentioned.

LurkerLito: Wasteland 2 DC doesn't list the Avellone Novel at all for me.
Do you have the Deluxe Edition? It is only (un)available in the deluxe edition.

LurkerLito: The Warhammer skulls 2022 goodie pack lists chaos gate but it doesn't have a link in my browser either so they must have removed it.
That's the odd one out. The broken link is there, but it is not accessible from the browser (never was), only from the API (and hence from gogrepoc).
Post edited October 29, 2022 by mrkgnao
LurkerLito: Wasteland 2 DC doesn't list the Avellone Novel at all for me.
mrkgnao: Do you have the Deluxe Edition? It is only (un)available in the deluxe edition.

LurkerLito: The Warhammer skulls 2022 goodie pack lists chaos gate but it doesn't have a link in my browser either so they must have removed it.
mrkgnao: That's the odd one out. The broken link is there, but it is not accessible from the browser (never was), only from the API (and hence from gogrepoc).
Ahh ok, I probably don't have the Deluxe Edition. I really don't remember it clearly. I remember I just backed the game and had it, but I don't remember what level, but probably just the base get the game level.

The chaos gate one is curious, I want to check it out with gogrepo.

Edit:
Just FYI, I think I solved the Chaos Gate thing. I just looked over my games list in execl and noticed I had a Warhammer 40000 Chaos Gate entry. I don't remember buying the game so I have to guess that it was added with that promo.
Post edited October 29, 2022 by LurkerLito
mrkgnao: Do you have the Deluxe Edition? It is only (un)available in the deluxe edition.

That's the odd one out. The broken link is there, but it is not accessible from the browser (never was), only from the API (and hence from gogrepoc).
LurkerLito: Ahh ok, I probably don't have the Deluxe Edition. I really don't remember it clearly. I remember I just backed the game and had it, but I don't remember what level, but probably just the base get the game level.

The chaos gate one is curious, I want to check it out with gogrepo.

Edit:
Just FYI, I think I solved the Chaos Gate thing. I just looked over my games list in execl and noticed I had a Warhammer 40000 Chaos Gate entry. I don't remember buying the game so I have to guess that it was added with that promo.
Same with Chaos Gate for me as well. I have it in my library since redeeming the goodies promo. Never purchased it.

I have it listed in the Extras list, but it is only unclickable text without link. I have not noticed any error with gogrepoc.
Post edited October 31, 2022 by MMLN
LurkerLito: Edit:
I am fully aware of the giveaway, but it doesn't change the fact that I have a broken link for that entry in the Skulls 2022 Goodie Pack. Assuming you don't have the broken link (did you try to update the game in gogrepoc?), perhaps I have it because I had already bought the game prior to the giveaway.
Post edited October 31, 2022 by mrkgnao
LurkerLito: Edit:
mrkgnao: I am fully aware of the giveaway, but it doesn't change the fact that I have a broken link for that entry in the Skulls 2022 Goodie Pack. Assuming you don't have the broken link (did you try to update the game in gogrepoc?), perhaps I have it because I had already bought the game prior to the giveaway.
No the link in the Goodie pack is not functional. I think they just added it to everyone's games list at some point during or after the giveaway then disabled the link in the goodie pack. Maybe it would make sense to remove it from the list in Goodie Pack, but then again I'd rather they leave it alone there disabled than muck it up and accidentally remove the game from the library due to "fixing" it. :)
mrkgnao: I am fully aware of the giveaway, but it doesn't change the fact that I have a broken link for that entry in the Skulls 2022 Goodie Pack. Assuming you don't have the broken link (did you try to update the game in gogrepoc?), perhaps I have it because I had already bought the game prior to the giveaway.
LurkerLito: No the link in the Goodie pack is not functional. I think they just added it to everyone's games list at some point during or after the giveaway then disabled the link in the goodie pack. Maybe it would make sense to remove it from the list in Goodie Pack, but then again I'd rather they leave it alone there disabled than muck it up and accidentally remove the game from the library due to "fixing" it. :)
Did you try to update warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies in gogrepoc? Did you encounter any error when doing so?

Their broken links situation is complicated.

First of, they have two types of broken links: Intentional ones and unintentional ones.

Intentional broken links are used like labels in the files list (ie, "don't worry, the dlc is in the installer and this label here is to reassure you" or "manual coming soon... yeah right"). Unintentional broken ones are genuine downloads that are intended to work, but are broken.

There is a way to differentiate the two during the download metadata dance (the specifics don't come to mind atm, but I can dig them up from my code when I'm back from vacation if you like, I don't want to look at code on my tiny laptop screen... strains my aging eyes).

However, it might ultimately not matter, because on my end, I've managed to talk to a human for the broken links and they don't seem to be fixing them.

I don't think this is something that support can fix. Either they don't have vertical integration for their game files releases (ie, the game owner has control over the release process and they can't override anything at the store level) or otherwise fixing broken links is dependant on their dev team and they are currently too short on manpower to address individual incidents as they pop up.
Post edited November 01, 2022 by Magnitus

Magnitus: Their broken links situation is complicated.

First of, they have two types of broken links: Intentional ones and unintentional ones.

Intentional broken links are used like labels in the files list (ie, "don't worry, the dlc is in the installer and this label here is to reassure you" or "manual coming soon... yeah right"). Unintentional broken ones are genuine downloads that are intended to work, but are broken.

There is a way to differentiate the two during the download metadata dance (the specifics don't come to mind atm, but I can dig them up from my code when I'm back from vacation if you like, I don't want to look at code on my tiny laptop screen... strains my aging eyes).

However, it might ultimately not matter, because on my end, I've managed to talk to a human for the broken links and they don't seem to be fixing them.

I don't think this is something that support can fix. Either they don't have vertical integration for their game files releases (ie, the game owner has control over the release process and they can't override anything at the store level) or otherwise fixing broken links is dependant on their dev team and they are currently too short on manpower to address individual incidents as they pop up.
I am, unfortunately, way past the stage of expecting GOG to fix anything anywhere anytime. I'm only interested in documenting the existing failures for myself and others, as I have done above in reply to MMLN's question. I have great respect for anyone willing to suffer through the process of reporting failures. I no longer have the stamina.
Magnitus: Their broken links situation is complicated.

mrkgnao: I am, unfortunately, way past the stage of expecting GOG to fix anything anywhere anytime. I'm only interested in documenting the existing failures for myself and others, as I have done above in reply to MMLN's question. I have great respect for anyone willing to suffer through the process of reporting failures. I no longer have the stamina.
We can probably rule out the game owner having exclusive control for at least technical corrections (GOG changes their installer format and repackages things , this is pretty rare but when it happens the batching strongly suggests it's at GOG's discretion). I can understand not being allowed to / wanting to alter stuff like "Thing" (coming soon) without approval of the other party though even if it's been 84 years.
mrkgnao: Did you try to update warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack_goodies in gogrepoc? Did you encounter any error when doing so?
No I never tried it in gogrepoc. I only rarely use gogrepoc to download games and usually because I don't want go clicking a large number of 4GB links 4 at a time. But now that we can infer that GoG seems to limit the speeds of using gogrepoc I probably won't use it unless I am going to be unable to sit there clicking links for a while.