It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kalanyr: .
I created a PR with a small fix, maybe you have time to merge it sometime.
Telika: Also yes, I sometimes get both 32 bits and 64 bits versions (I wish there was a parameter for this), but they are usually described as such in the name. The weirder duplicates I get simply differ by their versions (old vs new numerotation system). Maybe they're unlabelled 32 bits and 64 bits versions ?
I haven't found unlabeled 32 vs 64 bit editions yet, what would distinguish them if not the name?
The filename ilter _32_ or ?_32bit?_ works for me.

Also the filters for other languages work well so far.
One exception is the Gothic addon, that sometimes puts a language name in the filenames, indicating that a language has been added, then it adds a patch to add a third language. That's a bit weird.

Telika: [setup_planescape_torment_russian_2.1.0.9.exe] -- Windows Russian localization (Fargus)
[bonus_planescape_torment_001_ru.zip] -- Mac Russian localization (Fargus)
[gog_planescape_torment_russian_2.2.0.10.sh] -- Linux Russian localization (Fargus)

These three files, in the extras, are as big as the english and french setup files, so they seem to be the complete games. Not sure who had the idea to put them among the extras.

I'll be checking in how many other games the same thing happens. (Syberia 2 is one of them, Shadowrun Dragonfall is another. Sacrifice too.)
Something similar happened to Succubus (I think, could have been Agony).
One of the DLCs would add a comic book or something, the other one the soundtrack.
Both DLCs included the entire game, had a file size of over 30GB each.
No idea how this can happen, but my best guess is that when uploading the games someone selected the wrong files or didn' create a diff-patch.
Post edited October 12, 2022 by neumi5694
Kalanyr: Yeah, I'd certainly be interested in any information you can find.
Telika: For the time being, I've just checked the !info.txt file for Planescape Torment :

standalone...:

[setup_planescape_torment_1.01_(a)_(10597).exe] -- Planescape: Torment
version: 1.01 (A)
[setup_planescape_torment_french_1.01_(a)_(10597).exe] -- Planescape: Torment
version: 1.01 (A)

extras.........:

[pst_manual.zip] -- manual (50 pages)
[pst_wallpapers.zip] -- HD wallpapers
[pst_soundtrack.zip] -- soundtrack
[pst_avatars.zip] -- avatars
[pst_artworks.zip] -- artworks
[pst_book.zip] -- Chris Avellone and Colin McComb book
[setup_planescape_torment_russian_2.1.0.9.exe] -- Windows Russian localization (Fargus)
[bonus_planescape_torment_001_ru.zip] -- Mac Russian localization (Fargus)
[gog_planescape_torment_russian_2.2.0.10.sh] -- Linux Russian localization (Fargus)
Telika: These three files, in the extras, are as big as the english and french setup files, so they seem to be the complete games. Not sure who had the idea to put them among the extras.

I'll be checking in how many other games the same thing happens. (Syberia 2 is one of them, Shadowrun Dragonfall is another. Sacrifice too.)
Ahh, sometimes GOG adds not officially supported versions of games as extras (I suspect in this case GOG has worked out an agreement with Fargus and whoever currently holds the original Planescape distribution rights) to distribute their fan translation of Planescape Torment but no one is officially providing support for it) . Extras can be tagged with a language theoretically but I have never seen that used and I don't believe extras can be tagged with an OS, so you always get all of those.

Kalanyr: .
blotunga: I created a PR with a small fix, maybe you have time to merge it sometime.
Thank you, I will. Also that's just amazing, that your NAS doesn't have that set, I've maintained this for like 6 years at this point, and it's the first device I've seen that does that (although according to the standard it is technically allowed).
Post edited October 12, 2022 by Kalanyr
Are info.txt files just downloaded or created by the script?

I ask because all newer downloads come with an incomplete info.txt thats missing all or alomost all items.

e.g.
---
-- Psi 5 Trading Company --

title.......... psi_5_trading_company
genre.......... Simulation
game id........ 1719422658
url............ https://www.gog.com/de/game/psi_5_trading_company
release date... March 19, 2021

game items.....:

extras.........:

[psi5_trading_co_quickstart_guide.zip] -- Schnellstart
---
-- Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ --

title.......... middleearth_shadow_of_war
genre.......... Action
game id........ 1324471032
url............ https://www.gog.com/de/game/middleearth_shadow_of_war
release date... October 03, 2022

game items.....:
---
Post edited October 13, 2022 by chalice
chalice: Are info.txt files just downloaded or created by the script?

I ask because all newer downloads come with an incomplete info.txt thats missing all or alomost all items.

e.g.
---

game items.....:

extras.........:

---

genre.......... Action

game items.....:
---
Created from info in the manifest. Only info that's relevant to the download command that creates or updates the !info.txt is included, so eg if you store your extras in a different location the extras !info.txt will only have info about the extras.
chalice: Are info.txt files just downloaded or created by the script?

e.g.
---

game items.....:

extras.........:

---

genre.......... Action

game items.....:
---
Kalanyr: Created from info in the manifest. Only info that's relevant to the download command that creates or updates the !info.txt is included, so eg if you store your extras in a different location the extras !info.txt will only have info about the extras.
Thanks for the info.
I have all in the same place. An update -full which finally went rhough helped, that I at least that the missing files should be downloaded now, even if the info.txt hasn't updated yet. Yust finished an download -dryrun and it now shows the missing 312 GB.

So heads a bit clearer now. (COVID got me) Thanks again. Helped a lot for me to know that the download command is responsible für the info.txt. My collection shines again ;)
Post edited October 15, 2022 by chalice
Kalanyr: Thank you, I will. Also that's just amazing, that your NAS doesn't have that set, I've maintained this for like 6 years at this point, and it's the first device I've seen that does that (although according to the standard it is technically allowed).
It's a Synology, I've been manually patching gogrepoc for the last couple of years since I have it :D
I just got a new version from https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev , and running the command:

gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang en pl -skiphidden

results in the following error message:

01:21:29 | loading local manifest...
01:21:29 | loading token...
01:21:29 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 2891, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 2630, in main
cmd_update(args.os, args.lang, args.skipknown, args.updateonly, not args.full, args.ids, args.skipids,args.skiphidden,args.installers,args.resumemode,args.strictverify)
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 1246, in cmd_update
updateSession = makeGOGSession()
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 1195, in makeGOGSession
gogSession.headers={'User-Agent':USER_AGENT,'Authorization':'Bearer ' + gogSession.token['access_token']}
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

(I went back to previous version and it works, so it's nothing urgent for me, but thought you'd like to know)
Post edited October 16, 2022 by piranha1
piranha1: I just got a new version from https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepoc/tree/dev , and running the command:

gogrepoc.py update -os windows -lang en pl -skiphidden

results in the following error message:

01:21:29 | loading local manifest...
01:21:29 | loading token...
01:21:29 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 2891, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 2630, in main
cmd_update(args.os, args.lang, args.skipknown, args.updateonly, not args.full, args.ids, args.skipids,args.skiphidden,args.installers,args.resumemode,args.strictverify)
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 1246, in cmd_update
updateSession = makeGOGSession()
File "E:\GOGBackup\gogrepoc.py", line 1195, in makeGOGSession
gogSession.headers={'User-Agent':USER_AGENT,'Authorization':'Bearer ' + gogSession.token['access_token']}
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

(I went back to previous version and it works, so it's nothing urgent for me, but thought you'd like to know)
Your token file could not be read due to an IOError specifically. Try logging in again. This is my bad though, because I'm returning an empty list rather than an empty AttrDict which is causing the detection of this to fail.
There's still something a bit strange, about the soundtrack DLC of Syberia The World Before. As I said, I downloaded it manually, but still, the fact that it isn't seen by gogrepoc and doesn't seem to be downloaded by it nags me a bit. I did search, in case it was just placed in an odd folder, but I don't find it. And it's not in the manifest.

Is it due to gog's current difficulties with update tags and notifications ? But stuff that I also bought recently do show up...
Kalanyr: Your token file could not be read due to an IOError specifically. Try logging in again. This is my bad though, because I'm returning an empty list rather than an empty AttrDict which is causing the detection of this to fail.
Yeah, that helped, thanks.

I didn't have a token file at all, but I tried a new login already earlier, and it didn't create one.
This time I move the old gog-cookies.dat file somewhere else first, and gog-token.dat got created.
Anyone else have speed issues with this script? I was trying to use it to download Middle Earth Shadow of War which is like 153GB and it was trying to pull it 4 pieces at a time, but those 4 pieces were each only averaging about 8 MB/s. I tried using my browser and I got 3 pieces each running an average of 40 MB/s each with my 1 gbps connection at the same time as I was running gogrepo. So I restarted gogrepo but it still downloaded at the same slow speeds.
LurkerLito: Anyone else have speed issues with this script? I was trying to use it to download Middle Earth Shadow of War which is like 153GB and it was trying to pull it 4 pieces at a time, but those 4 pieces were each only averaging about 8 MB/s. I tried using my browser and I got 3 pieces each running an average of 40 MB/s each with my 1 gbps connection at the same time as I was running gogrepo. So I restarted gogrepo but it still downloaded at the same slow speeds.
Yeah, there's definitely a speed limit. I haven't checked into if it's Python or GOG that's responsible for the limit.
Kalanyr: Yeah, there's definitely a speed limit. I haven't checked into if it's Python or GOG that's responsible for the limit.
Thanks for the info. Thought it might just be a configuration issue on my end.
I'm trying to run gogrepoc.py from my FreeBSD file server, and it's not working right for me. If I don't specify an os, it downloads what I'm guessing are the linux versions of games (giant shell scripts). If I specify "-os windows" it only downloads the extras. If I specify "-os windows -skipextras" it downloads nothing.

How can I can I convince it to actually download the windows installers? I don't game on the machine I'm downloading from and that seems to really be confusing the script.
Post edited October 23, 2022 by Zaragon