It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Microfish_1: Most of his posts are about mechanics of the game, not about game solving.
Attachments:
bdd.jpg (32 Kb)
Lifthrasil: Question to all: I notice that I don't really manage to keep up with everything that is written here. Much less, catch up with what was written Yesterday. I don't manage more than skimming via mobile. This means, I can't really analyse systematically which in turn means, I'm not that useful to Town as someone at full capacity would be. Should I ask for a sub, or should I continue to contribute what I can, even if that's less than usual?
I would say stay and contribute where you can. This was supposed to be a 13-person game, then one dropped out and Dedo had to adjust things. He's also had to mod kill Koba without having a replacement. It would be worse for whichever team you are on - Town or Mafia - to completely loose a person. If Koba and yourself are both Town-aligned, dropping out could potentially completely cripple the Town side.

Lifthrasil: One contribution attempt:
I still guess that one of the lover pair is scum. But not sure yet which. A Town-Town lover pair would be very negativ utility and hard to balance. Scum Scum even more so. So, in such ac small game, I believe a mixed lover pair the most likely.

The Masons however are either both town or both very daring scum. But there is one possible way to find out. Masons typically don't move around during the Night. @Frostburn and Pooka: is that true in your case too? Or do you have any active powers on top of your Masonry?
No, I'm not role fishing. You already claimed. But just in case we have some Watcher/Tracker roles it would be helpful for them to know whether seeing you move would be a scum tell.
I initially suspected you on Day 1 because you wanted to wagon Joe, which would take me out also. In hindsight, I considered the idea that you and Joe were both mafia. In this scenario, you would already know that Joe was mafia with the Lovers role. I'm assuming that mafia all know who each other are and their roles at the game start. However Mafia Lift may or may not know who Mafia Joe is paired off with, but that really doesn't matter. Your comment about wanting to wagon Joe could have been to flush out his Town lover (me) and hopefully cause a role reveal that would cause the town to develop an aversion towards lynching Joe.

Alternately, you're just really good at reading Joe and figured out that he might be mafia even before roles became known.

The presence of Masons in the game is one of the reasons I suspect Joe. Town/Town Lovers without night communication and without confirmation of alignment are extremely underpowered to a pair of Masons, especially in the same game. There's also the fact that after our roles were revealed, I could only describe his behavior as wacky.

Catventurer: Actually, I think we need to lynch Joe next even though it will take me out too just to find out if the Lovers are Mafia/Town or Town/Town.
Vitek: Wow, what kind of love is this?
I am recognizing that Joe and I could be mixed Mafia/Town.

Vitek: It is noteworthy scene pursued Frostburn for most of the D1, second only to CatV. He voted Phoenix most of the time, only switching to me near EoD. That's significantly in favour of Frostburn. Scene backed down right after FP claimed, very hastliy but other than that, it makes Frostburn looks better.

Scene also said he would be willing to vote Lift near EoD, when I mentioned my suspicion of Lift, without mentioning him much before, so it makes look Lift look somewhat better as well I think.

Good way to rule out all my suspects. Go, me!
Scene also switched his vote to yourself after Frost reached six votes. I think his goal all along was to throw Frost under the bus, then change his vote at the last minute to cause a no lynch.

Day 2 - pick someone else then repeat.

PookaMustard: I remember a game I played where someone who was acting scummy claimed Mason. I forget who his other guy was, but it was blotunga. He explained himself day and night even after the claim but Town decided to lynch him, then he flipped...can you guess? Yes, Town Mason. This is the kind of situation I'm afraid of. Frost might have wacky opinions and thoughts, but he is Town. I don't want Town to fall into that same trap again, after just narrowly avoiding the no-lynch D1 trap. This is why Mafia always laugh to the bank in our games.
I think you and I need to agree that we're finding ourselves paired off with people that have given us problems based on their behavior. Although I would say that Frost has been more problematic just for wanting to lynch based on "the mafia will kill them anyway."

Despite how some of my posts read, I still am more inclined to lynch Joe (and take myself out) than Frost at this time. You are the only thing that gives him the benefit of the doubt. You just need to be prepared for the possible fallout that will happen if Lovers are lynched and Joe turns out to be Town.

However I really am digressing far too much.
We really need to get back on topic of deciding who to lynch next.

Catventurer: Don't forget, I did say that I played three games then switched to co-modding about ten years ago on what is now a non-existent book nerd site. The way I was familiar with the Lovers where both die is that they have night communication (like Masons) and know that both are Town. I had misread the role as a different role we had on that site called Unrequited Lover, which is a town role that has too much info about another Town role due to the lack of night communication. My private message here didn't actually say Joe was town. I just made the assumption based on what I knew previously.
PookaMustard: Ah, that makes sense now. Yeah, culture clash is pretty weird. The way we do our voting is usually one of the first things people crash into here, but I hadn't thought about how the Lovers thing might have worked elsewhere. Thanks for the insight.
Another difference is that the Lovers had night movement. They decided each night as to who's house they went to each night to hook up. This meant that if the mafia shows up to LoverA's house but they were at LoverB's house that night, the mafia would miss killing them. Likewise if the mafia shows up to the correct house, the mafia would get them both at once. This made the role something different than a weaker version of Masons.

Note - I'm going to be going offline maybe in another hour or so. I absolutely must go to Costco with the family. If I don't go, the only food items that will be brought back really will be on the level of candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.
Attachments:
FrostburnPhoenix: most likely Joe's daughter
Attachments:
Vitek: Oh, I am alive. Curious.

It would be very bastard of dedo to ask me for night action only to have actionless Night, so I am going to presume I actually made sucessful protection. I got no confirmation of my action being carried out, though.

I protected the one, who was confirmed town for me, the big cat lover. There was no way they are mafia together with scene, with how scene
went after them the whole Day. If they were indeed targeted it makes Joe not-mafia as well, I suppose.
Interesting! Either:

1. The no-kill was due to successful protection = CatV is town, therefore telling the truth about role. Mafia wouldn't have attempted to kill CatV if Joe was also mafia, which would clear both lovers.

2. The no-kill was due to Dedo skipping the mafia's night kill due to the mod-kill the previous day. I still find it really interesting this was Frost's first thought.

3. The no-kill was the mafia voluntarily skipping the kill to either mess with us or as a mercy (assuming DK was town here).
PookaMustard: You can't suspect Frost without suspecting me by extension.
Yes. As long as you're both claiming to know for sure that the other one is town then your alignments are tied together. The thing is, you aren't close to being townie enough to make up for how scummy Frost looks. You'd look townie in isolation, but I'm sorry to say Frost drags you back down to the middle. Nothing you have done totally precludes you being mafia.
Still on mobile, so without quotes

@dedo: I'll stick around and try my best. No need to put the game on hold.

@Vitek: I think we can exclude 3. Scum play the game to win, just like all of us.

@all: upon rethinking: actually, if the Masons are real, Town Town lovers are possible as a balance. A town town lover pair is bad for town and might balance the power of the Masons, who are in effect at least one confined Town (if the Masons are real, as soon as one of them dies, the other is confirmed Town)
detective_razza:
our secret's out sweetheart :0
FrostburnPhoenix: Joe calling razza kiddo post #93, among other things led me to believe that.
You've done it again Holmes!
Microfish_1: I am confused. But I don't see anyone worth voting yet.

unvote scene
why'd you unvote, fish?
Vitek: I protected the one, who was confirmed town for me, the big cat lover. There was no way they are mafia together with scene, with how scene
went after them the whole Day. If they were indeed targeted it makes Joe not-mafia as well, I suppose.
did you think i was likely town before you got the result?
The cats got into a scuffle, so I skipped Costco and stayed home.
The elves promised that they would bring back actual human food.

my name is grompy catte: See Post #544
I don't think that mafia is merciful. If that was the case, the mafia would out themselves and leave the game. Since that did not happen, let's assume that it wasn't option #3.

I likewise find it interesting that while normal first thought at seeing nobody killed would be "Good job, Dr. Vitek" that Frost immediately jumps to thinking that Dedo skipped the mafia kill. When he's not accusing me of being mafia, Frost has been insisting that the mafia is going to kill me anyway. So why does he think that the mafia kill was skipped and not that the Doctor saved me?

It's also interesting that in post #540, Frost is now trying to say both Lovers are confirmed town.
1) He gives no explanation for why he no longer wants to accuse me of being 100% mafia.
2) He also doesn't put out his usual call to lynch Town/Town Lovers on the basis that mafia will kill us anyway.

This comes after my post #537 where I cite that if Lovers are lynched and Joe is revealed to be Town, it's going to create a ton of problem for Frost/Pooka on Day 3 regardless of their alignment.

It's stuff like this that has had me thinking that Frost is the best lynch option for today.

If Frost lynched and revealed to be Town:
1) Pooka is still in the game.
2) Pooka's alignment is no longer in doubt.
3) Pooka isn't going to promote lynching people he thinks has Town roles.
4) Pooka would be better off without a partner that makes people suspect his alignment.
5) We can still circle back and lynch Joe (plus myself) on Day 3 on the basis that we might be Mafia/Town Lovers.

If Frost turns out to be Mafia, we then know for a fact that Pooka is mafia.

As much as I want to believe that Pooka is town-aligned, I cannot dismiss Frost's wacky behavior. There ha been no good explanation for any of it and saying that "Frost is Pooka's ally" really does not explain any of it.

Unlike Lovers, you can lynch Frost and leave Pooka in the game. Taking out Frost is less risky than taking out Joe/myself in that respect. I can only describe some of Joe's Day 1 behavior as wacky to the point that I'm a bit suspicious of him, but none of it is nearly as wacky as most/all of Frost's behavior.

It should be obvious why I say lynch Frost and not lynch Pooka.
If they're mafia, it won't matter which is lynched first.
If they're town, I want to keep the person that I think will actually help the town.

True Fact - I really am a "can't see the forest through the trees" type of person. I used to work as a video game software tester, including for a couple of AAA studios, which really does reinforce the type of thinking that involves nickpicking even minor details.

If everyone names up 1 or 2 people that they're inclined to lynch, I'll tell you something else about me so that you can get a better feel of me in the future. This is to just help prod things along and get you all more into thinking about who your suspects are.
PSA: Tomorrow after work I'm taking my family to a short mountain trip for the weekend. I think I'll have connectivity but I'm not sure plus we're going to be a very large group of families with kids. I may not be around a whole lot. I'll try to pop by at least for the occasional vote count. I'll be back Sunday afternoon.
Namae No Nai Kaibutsu by Egoist

JoeSapphire:
What is the second line in
JoeSapphire:
about? Please explain.
Catventurer: 5) We can still circle back and lynch Joe (plus myself) on Day 3 on the basis that we might be Mafia/Town Lovers.
what do you make of vitek protecting you last Night?

Catventurer: If everyone names up 1 or 2 people that they're inclined to lynch, I'll tell you something else about me so that you can get a better feel of me in the future. This is to just help prod things along and get you all more into thinking about who your suspects are.
I think I'm most inclined to lunch microfish or AmbitionZ right now. It feels a bit lazy and I'm not feeling at all confident in my scumhunting abilities toDay for some reason. It makes more sense than my other theory though.
FrostburnPhoenix: Namae No Nai Kaibutsu by Egoist

JoeSapphire:
FrostburnPhoenix: What is the second line in
JoeSapphire:
FrostburnPhoenix: about? Please explain.
it's just that stupid argument me and lift were having. I'd said if we're classing any statement that isn't imperically accurate as a lie then lift roleplaying battlecat is a lie, he said it's not inaccurate because it's the sort of thing battlecat might do in this situation [interpolated], so I'm calmly and sophisticatedly proposing the consideration that is inaccurate on account of how battlecat is fiction ie LIES

anyway there's no point going into all that again, lift's never going to admit i'm right

One of my favourite songs is 10 years by Dadi y Gagnamagnid