It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I think in a 12p 3 scum game, a scum/town lover pair would be a good counterbalance.

however I do not think joe would claim willy nilly if this was the case.

I lean town for joe's claim, unless they start living several days I would let it resolve itself. plus its doc bait that might earn us a mislim.

also I may be busy over the next 48 hours where we should settle on an elimination and it seems likely people want me dead so I have to preemptively claim PR here. Not negative utility like the lovers though.
Lifthrasil: Did you miss that both Catv and Joe claimed to be Lovers? If we lynch Joe, Catv dies too.
Plus if they are town-town it doesn't matter much if they die now or later.
JoeSapphire: you think I'm scum? or just kidding (lying?)?
You da scum.
DkKobaPL: I lean town for joe's claim, unless they start living several days I would let it resolve itself. plus its doc bait that might earn us a mislim.
Lovers is a really REALLY bad doc bait.

DkKobaPL: also I may be busy over the next 48 hours where we should settle on an elimination and it seems likely people want me dead so I have to preemptively claim PR here. Not negative utility like the lovers though.
Literally only one person is voting for you right now.
Lifthrasil: And that is still wrong. You actually seem not to understand the difference. My decorative fiction CAN'T be a lie, because it wasn't a false statement. I said that Battle Cat eyes Cringer suspiciously. In the flavour situation that we were in. I didn't say that he ever did so before, anywhere in the series. That's just what you tried to make it mean in your desperate attempt not to be wrong. I stated an action of my character. Which has just the same truth content as if you would say 'Mme Razz starts to sing'. ... It is an action, which would be entirely your call.
Sorry, I'm with Joe here. Things that obviously aren't true aren't lies and from the way DK wrote the post it really doesn't look like they expected to be believed.

JoeSapphire: ugh. I'm Catv's lover. We have not been very subtle about it. I do think we MIGHT have been subtler than this.
*immediately has a PTSD flashback to Arstotzkan Boot Camp*

Dedo wouldn't do that to us, right?

I still don't really understand why CatV claimed. Oh well.
Lifthrasil: Did you miss that both Catv and Joe claimed to be Lovers? If we lynch Joe, Catv dies too.
FrostburnPhoenix: I Didn't miss it, I just don't believe it.
Ok.

And you're right, if they are a town-town lover pair, they will die sooner or later, but that's no reason to do scum's job for them.
my name is grompy catte: Sorry, I'm with Joe here. Things that obviously aren't true aren't lies and from the way DK wrote the post it really doesn't look like they expected to be believed.
Except they openly admitted that it was a lie in post #130 and #138.
FrostburnPhoenix: It's been 48 hours
Oh, it is already? Damn, I remember posting on Thursday before enjoying my vacation on Friday. Fun.

DkKobaPL: i see that people having lives on friday nights is common across all communities and I cry as I spend my time on friday evenings gaming and playing mafia
At least this isn't a me-only thing.

JoeSapphire: are you conscious of the fact you were lunched for being openly inactive last game? Might that be an influence? Tell me.
Maybe, but I can't say how much it influenced me. Just look at the observer thread for the very next game. Made a couple posts, and then sank harder than Atlantis.

According to Micro, 4 people claimed PRs...what.

I warned you guys against no-lynching on D1. So now you fuck it up by giving the Mafia a selection of PRs on several plates of gold. I don't know, maybe I'm just weird for refusing to claim on L-2 in my previous game, but isn't this a little bit ridiculous.

Catventurer: If you attempt to kill this person, I will die.
Have you not thought that if you were killed, that person will die just the same? Ah wait you answered that in a later post.

Yeah, I don't heckin' know where we're going next, this needs some time for it all to sink in :D
Sorry I've been unavailable and too tired to have a proper analysis in the past few days but I think I've seen something pretty big in a brief scan. I'll try and get my full analysis tomorrow. But I think we have a huge slip and revelation that Catventurer and his lover partner (I think Joe was mentioned but I might be wrong) and that they are very likely a seperate faction that are a threat to town.

The only game I've played with lovers was a game with Joe and Adalia (I think that was the other player). They were a seperate faction. Town protected them after they outed their role and they won. Even Mafia, who I was part of didn't lynch them. And they won out.

Vote Catventurer

So Catventurer, I love the work you do for special needs cats, you seem like a great guy. But I do think you've let a seperate factional role slip and I don't think you're part of our town faction.
supplementscene: Sorry I've been unavailable and too tired to have a proper analysis in the past few days but I think I've seen something pretty big in a brief scan. I'll try and get my full analysis tomorrow. But I think we have a huge slip and revelation that Catventurer and his lover partner (I think Joe was mentioned but I might be wrong) and that they are very likely a seperate faction that are a threat to town.

The only game I've played with lovers was a game with Joe and Adalia (I think that was the other player). They were a seperate faction. Town protected them after they outed their role and they won. Even Mafia, who I was part of didn't lynch them. And they won out.

Vote Catventurer

So Catventurer, I love the work you do for special needs cats, you seem like a great guy. But I do think you've let a seperate factional role slip and I don't think you're part of our town faction.
listen i might be high but this theory is so out there lmfao

the way they outted is not unaligned to town.
You know, if we eat Catventurer or Joe for lunch and they really are Town-aligned, we lose two townies in one day. Mafia, of course, can add a third townie overnights, and by D2 we'll be massively more underpowered than the usual.

Nah, we'll be underpowered either way if that whole ordeal is true. The main difference is who gets to the lovers first, but I personally don't want to hunt down people engaging in hot steamy love making, I want to hunt down mafia. So right now, I think it's smarter to go after anyone other than Catventurer and Joe as the lynch. Even if it's a mislynch, we'll learn more, as now I think there's barely any water left in the lover's well.

If Mafia don't get to them for whatever reasons, in the following days we might have more info on hand about them, if not from PRs then simply from deduction and intuition, and then we can work out about sealing their fate. But right now, I'm not convinced they're Mafia or a separate faction.

Koba is a controversial player but for all this stuff about deliberately lying, they do come from a different Mafia culture after all, so I'm not willing to lynch them. Again, we can do the maths and run the numbers about their fate on a later day.

Now I'm worried about Scene's vote. Aside from it voting Catventurer, I'm feeling it's a little bit opportunistic. These feelings are the same ones I had when Lift and Yogs voted me in the previous game, and both turned out scum. You can tell from the post that he didn't even pause to check that Joe really is the other side of the equation yet he stilled thought about it:

supplementscene: Sorry I've been unavailable and too tired to have a proper analysis in the past few days but I think I've seen something pretty big in a brief scan. I'll try and get my full analysis tomorrow. But I think we have a huge slip and revelation that Catventurer and his lover partner (I think Joe was mentioned but I might be wrong) and that they are very likely a seperate faction that are a threat to town.
This seems to me like he found an opportunity to put down an easy vote without thinking too hard about it, and using a reason that would usually be understandable ("I got burned by lovers in a previous game"). I was gonna ask him why Catventurer and not Joe, but re-reading the post already revealed why.

Vote supplementscene
supplementscene: But I think we have a huge slip
What was the slip?

DkKoba1: y'all never heard of reaction tests and it shows :X
What was the reaction test?

JoeSapphire: o_<
What is this game?
supplementscene: But I think we have a huge slip
JoeSapphire: What was the slip?

DkKoba1: y'all never heard of reaction tests and it shows :X
JoeSapphire: What was the reaction test?

JoeSapphire: o_<
JoeSapphire: What is this game?
it was the classic deez reaction test
my name is grompy catte: Sorry, I'm with Joe here. Things that obviously aren't true aren't lies and from the way DK wrote the post it really doesn't look like they expected to be believed.
FrostburnPhoenix: Except they openly admitted that it was a lie in post #130 and #138.
DkKoba1: Its a ridiculous mech claim meant to not trick anyone who knows how to play mafia. (Swruously. "I daycopped this post", how does anyone interpret that as anything but a joke?)
PookaMustard: Koba is a controversial player but for all this stuff about deliberately lying, they do come from a different Mafia culture after all, so I'm not willing to lynch them. Again, we can do the maths and run the numbers about their fate on a later day.
The main reason I would be in agreement here is because I also have some major cultural differences. One of them being that I found from the prior game's observer thread is that you guys send out one mafia member only to do a night kill. Where I came from, the entire mafia team was involved in the night kill. There were expectations of niceties and writing in complete sentences, not a lot of jargon either but tons of flavor text. This is on top of entire roles being either different or non-existent.

PookaMustard: I was gonna ask him why Catventurer and not Joe, but re-reading the post already revealed why.
Frankly, it doesn't matter which of us is voted for. It has the same results. The one thing I have not seen addressed is this - Is the Lovers role usually done as a town-mafia pairing here?

Here is my ]suggestion: If it gets close to the end of the day and there's no strong lynching candidate, roll the dice and lynch me on the basis that Joe and I could be a town-mafia pairing. I absolutely promise that nobody will get a Day 1 spite vote from me in the next game. <3

I have no night actions, which makes me far more expendable than loosing someone with an investigation or protective role. If Joe is mafia, you're going to have to do it anyway at some point for the good of the Town.