It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I See this whole claim by DkKoba as a way to divert attention from Catv. Scum team is likely DkKoba, Catv, and maybe Micro.

Vote DkKoba1
FrostburnPhoenix: I See this whole claim by DkKoba as a way to divert attention from Catv. Scum team is likely DkKoba, Catv, and maybe Micro.

Vote DkKoba1
[citation needed]

The simpler reason of me no longer having scumpings on catv -> wanting to poke freeze and scare them into alignment telling -> successfully getting an alignment tell, is bunk?

Your title text is accurate, I see.

Also can people stop fucking referring to me in the 3rd person when I am someone who can reply to things, its dehumanizing and its how you get confbias tunneled by not considering the person you're pushing as a person who can actually answer questions and such. I'm not an object or NPC, I'm a human player.

like you took the most uncharitable option because you concluded "Dkkoba=scum" and then decided to fit the events to fit that scenario (or perhaps did this for catv). Don't argue with me on this. I see this shit all the time. I know what it looks like. You are doing this. Ellaborate your points in a way where I can refute them and you will see the holes in your logic.

You always need to look at plausibility/viability. You can't ignore if someone is possibly town just because you think they're scum. You're going to miss a lot more there.

Now, I think I asked you specifically before Phoenix, and you ignored my question - who are you top 3 townreads?
DkKoba1: [citation needed]

The simpler reason of me no longer having scumpings on catv -> wanting to poke freeze and scare them into alignment telling -> successfully getting an alignment tell, is bunk?

Your title text is accurate, I see.

Also can people stop fucking referring to me in the 3rd person when I am someone who can reply to things, its dehumanizing and its how you get confbias tunneled by not considering the person you're pushing as a person who can actually answer questions and such. I'm not an object or NPC, I'm a human player.

like you took the most uncharitable option because you concluded "Dkkoba=scum" and then decided to fit the events to fit that scenario (or perhaps did this for catv). Don't argue with me on this. I see this shit all the time. I know what it looks like. You are doing this. Ellaborate your points in a way where I can refute them and you will see the holes in your logic.

You always need to look at plausibility/viability. You can't ignore if someone is possibly town just because you think they're scum. You're going to miss a lot more there.

Now, I think I asked you specifically before Phoenix, and you ignored my question - who are you top 3 townreads?
I Wouldn't have made it my title text otherwise.

That's because I'm talking to everyone in the thread, rather asking you something personally.

I Was thinking you were probably town until just now. I Was thinking Catv was town likewise.

I Think it fits perfectly with the events at the beginning of the day. Catv appeared to be distancing from you and then panicked.

Right now just razza.
looking back on my posts, I want to issue an apology at some of the aggressive tone I've used. I tend to be passionate about the game and being pushed tends to ignite those feelings, and I want to apologize to anyone whos felt hurt by anything I've said so far. I have a very socratic approach to defending myself and getting people to see my POV so i know it can be somewhat unpleasant.

I believe in preventing any and all miseliminations as town that I can, and obviously part of that is defending yourself which is why I am super defensive when pushed.

I think we're at the point where I want everyone to list more robust reads, on every player, even if its not strong.
I think its a fair point to say that it can be construed as distancing, but I think catv is... towny enough that it really shouldn't a concern. Like obviously I as scum am very able to coach people(something people here wouldnt know) and in discord scum PTs have even reached thousands of posts in scum chats, I am super active as scum and I see why that would be a possibility.

Phoenix, is there any reason you dont have anymore townreads?

As a word of advice, I think it is very +town to be generous with townreads and not care about them changing later on day 1.

also i just found out this site is owned by poles and i wonder if theres options to change language to polish pog (i am polish and fluent lol)

edit: fuck this cool down fr fr
wait the fucking forums are english only UI thats a scam LMFAO the rest of the site gets polish UI tho
JoeSapphire: lift no!
Lifthrasil: No what?
No DK didn't lie.

And while we're at it no they didn't admit to lying (in this game so far) and no, if they had lied in that way it wouldn't be a certain scum tell.

DK might be scum. I don't know what their play would be if they were but I kinda think Not This? But I guess that's a reason to do it.

DkKoba1: Also can people stop fucking referring to me in the 3rd person when I am someone who can reply to things, its dehumanizing and its how you get confbias tunneled by not considering the person you're pushing as a person who can actually answer questions and such. I'm not an object or NPC, I'm a human player.
have you spoken directly to your own top scumread?
FrostburnPhoenix: I See this whole claim by DkKoba as a way to divert attention from Catv. Scum team is likely DkKoba, Catv, and maybe Micro.

Vote DkKoba1
I'm not scum. I don't know about the others tho.
I'm Still formatting my thoughts.
I think Lift might be leaning town so
unvote lift

I see Joe as leaning town, maybe.
Pooka sounds NAI to me.
JoeSapphire: No DK didn't lie.

And while we're at it no they didn't admit to lying (in this game so far) and no, if they had lied in that way it wouldn't be a certain scum tell.

DK might be scum. I don't know what their play would be if they were but I kinda think Not This? But I guess that's a reason to do it.

DkKoba1: Also can people stop fucking referring to me in the 3rd person when I am someone who can reply to things, its dehumanizing and its how you get confbias tunneled by not considering the person you're pushing as a person who can actually answer questions and such. I'm not an object or NPC, I'm a human player.
JoeSapphire: have you spoken directly to your own top scumread?
been waiting for you to notice me uwu
Lifthrasil: Can you explain to me, why you did put so much trust in Koba's 'claim', to cast a fifth!
This is mostly a continuation of post #149, second part where I said: "This has been weighing on me a bit, mostly because of the one game in the past where I was on the mafia side. It's also why I probably come off as super defensive (also realized in hindsight) when anyone tries to bring up my non-vote in that game." But didn't have the time to finish that post.

Since I said that I'd go into more details about how I played years ago, here it is -

Out of three games, I was on the mafia side once and the town side twice.

When I was on the mafia side, I avoided voting to the extent that I allowed a day one double lynch to happen that took out one mafia member and one town member, confirming in everyone's mind that I really was the Voteless Townie. People would still try to get my opinion as to who I thought should be lynched, except that I would only give a "why can't we all just be friends" type of response. I had no opinion, positive or negative, about anyone. This caused more havoc on the game than I intended as people started private messaging the game moderators running the game during the first night to express their anger that they gave me of all people the Voteless Townie role. I was such a wonderful, nice, and amiable player on top of being the site moderator for forum roleplay.

In the two games I played on the Town side, I was the day one lynch in one game and day three lynch in the other. The town doesn't like me nearly as much when I'm actually on the town side because I don't avoid conflict and don't try to be everyone's newest bestest best friend ever.

After my third game, one of the co-moderaters dropped out and wanted to switch to playing. This is when I switched from playing to co-moderating as it also meant that there was an actual site moderator helping run things, not just a couple of random site users. Because of the speed of these games and the number of players, it really did require two people running it. I never did the set-up.

FrostburnPhoenix: I Think it fits perfectly with the events at the beginning of the day. Catv appeared to be distancing from you and then panicked.
Actually, no. I just looked up what distancing means in this game - "putting oneself at odds with one's partner(s), either by disagreement over a third party, or by direct conflict against each other."

The all of one game I played where I was on the mafia side, I never had to "distance myself" anyone in the thread. I just made friends with absolutely everyone in the game. If there ever comes a time where I look like Barney the Dinosaur trying to be everyone's friend, you really need to lynch me no matter what and with no regard to how friendly I look. If you think I have a shitty role and that bothers you enough to think about bothering the game moderator, you should be lynching me instead.

And saying that, I don't mean to confuse with roles that give you a special relationship with one other player - Best Friends, Imaginary Friend, Masons, Lover, Alien Abductee, Friendly Neighbors, and other such roles. I'm also well aware that I mentioned some roles not in use here.

--------------------

Also because I mention my cat quite a bit, I should probably introduce him:

This is Duke Ellington. I usually just call him Duke, and everyone else calls him Duke repeated however many times it takes to get him to respond to you. He was born in May 2008 and has an observed birthday of May 25th.

I've been told that in this picture specifically, he makes people feel like they did something wrong. He makes the absolute best completely unimpressed cat faces.

See attached photo.
Attachments:
are most of yall on EU time btw? i feel like when im able to post from PC which is way better I get barely any responses but while im at work and mobile posting theres a ton of activity.

I'll be free saturday morning(evening for EU) for some in thread interactions.

I guess I will also address to Joe: I am solely basing my read on you based on a comparison to your champs game and I feel you are contrasting quite a bit with it so far. I am looking for aspects of you play that I remember from spectating that game. I was able to find you town from spec chat early on and identified you as a miselimination so there's that.
DkKobaPL: are most of yall on EU time btw? i feel like when im able to post from PC which is way better I get barely any responses but while im at work and mobile posting theres a ton of activity.
This is an OOC/Bump post.

Most are on EU time. I'm one of the few exceptions as I'm on Pacific time, but I'm also a very sickly person with no day job thus am able to be online when there is more activity. I'm really tired at the moment though so will be heading to bed in another hour or two.

No more serious posts until after cat breakfast tomorrow morning.
DkKoba1: trying to figure out whos using my playstyle as an excuse to shitpush me or just is genuinely confused that people can play differently than them
You seem to be victim of the same confusion. Do you really not understand the damage that your false claim - or joke, as you call it - did? If you are Town, you definitely played against us. But if you are scum, you succeeded in flushing out a PR. So, well done if you are Scum. Big fail, if you are Town. Therefore, putting my dislike of lying aside and just looking at the question of motivation, you are leaning scum. Because scum had way more to gain from such a move than town did. For town this 'test' was mostly pointless. For scum it was a risky, but potentially rewarding scheme.

JoeSapphire: No DK didn't lie.
Yes, he did:
detective_razza: i have arrived on the thread, hello everyone old and new B)
DkKoba1: i daycopped this post and it came back red
This was a lie. He didn't daycop anything and he didn't get a 'red' result. And yes, he admitted that it was a lie. He just uses the term 'joke' or 'test', depending on what just fits better. Your defense, with a false statement, really makes me more convinced that Koba is scum. Maybe with you as a scumbuddy, or maybe you just feel the need to defend him, because you usually have opposite reads from mine and you think that you are being fair. But you can't claim, in good concience, that "I daycopped this post" was not a false statement. ... And what is another name for a false claim? ... Right. A lie!
DkKoba1: edit: this 10 minute cooldown is kicking my ass lmao i really wanna spam it up but I cant
If you can't make one larger posts instead of 5 smaller ones I strongly recommend making an alt account so you can bump yourself if you need.

VOTE COUNT (up to #178)

DkKoba 3 - Catventurer (#137), detective_razza (#140), FrostburnPhoenix (#166)
JoeSapphire 2 - Catte (#33), DkKoba1 (#124)
detective_razza 1 - Vitek (#41)
Ambiti0nZ 1 - supplementscene (#70)

Closest to lynch - DkKoba at L-4. It takes 7 to lynch.

Not voting - Ambiti0nZ, PookaMustard, Lifthrasil, JoeSapphirem, Microfish_1

Day 1 will end in approximately 3.5 days.
my name is racynge catte: I had a feeling DK wasn't serious. I'm not sure I've played in a game with a day cop, but I would have expected it to work something like a day vig where the player puts their action in a post and the mod responds in the thread. I agree that Razza's response was townie.

I'm not a Lunch All Liars diehard like Lift, but manipulative play from townies like that does make me somewhat uncomfortable and as others have pointed out "It was a test" is a good way for scum to backtrack if a gambit doesn't work.

I do see where DK is coming from when they say it should have been obvious it wasn't real though. Like... scum!DK would have to be incredibly naive to A) Think that it would hold up to any scrutiny and B) Think that it was a good plan once town!Razza was lunched.

The only way it might have been a good idea for scum!DK was if both of them are scum and it was a bluff designed to get one of them bussed and the other cleared.
Do you think if it was two scums bluff it would be done this way with flippancy and Dk backing down quickly?
Can you imagine anyone realyl try that play?

Where do you stand on that issue. Paragraph 1 and 3 indicates you consider it silly to suspect Dk for that while in 2 and 4 you seem to entertain the idea of scummmines.