It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finally caught up, quick two cents before bedtime for the kids: 1. nmillar vs gh vs lift, I wonder if scum!nmillar would so quickly bus scumbuddy GH. Likely no. Maybe?
2. Innocent child: not sure what to think. I have not enough experience to judge whether trent is right or zfr's thesis is right. Both have merit. I'm not sure if it would help enough getting rid of the daychat. Would scum!trent suggest that the IC come forward to make late game easier? Maybe, but likely he wouldn't draw that much attention. If so, bold move.
3. Bookwyrm: we were all more or less lurking.

As for vote preferences: GH and nmillar stand out for now, but no strong preference to either right now.
my name is capitayn catte: Maybe I missed it, did ZFR ever explain what GH's "town tell" was?
Yes, he did: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_72_starship_of_the_gods_part_ii_the_infernal_engine/post148

Not a strong tell, by any means. He was aware that it's a weak tell and later still had GH as one of his scummy choices. The other being me.

Back to the IC debate:

Advantages of claiming now: we reduce the suspect pool by one, we make sure that the IC isn't nightkilled before claiming and the IC will still be around Tomorrow.
Disadvantage of claiming now: the IC will only be bulletproof for one Night and will be killed in one of the following Nights. Also, the impact of a reduced suspect pool is much lower at 9 players than at, say, 5 players.

Advantage of claiming late: the impact will be big, if the number of remaining players is low. If, for example, at 2 vs 1 the IC still lives, we automatically win.
Disadvantage of claiming late: we risk losing the IC before they can claim.

Ultimately it's up to the IC whether to follow ZFR's strategy or trent's urging. Personally I would probably claim tomorrow if I were the IC. However, there is something to be said about depriving scum of the day-chat. (Which, by the way, also happens if they Nightkill the IC). Hmmm... difficult choice.
VOTE COUNT

GymHenson 2 - Pookina (#332), nmillar (#372)
Bookwyrm627 1 - GymHenson (#347)
Lifthrasil 1 - Microfish_1 (#353)
nmillar 2 - Lifthrasil (#378), Bookwyrm627 (#389)
trentonlf 1 - Microfish_1 (#364)

Not voting: Catte, blotunga

With 9 players it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch.

GymHenson and nmillar are closest to lynch at L-3.

D2 ends in approximately 2 days.
Lifthrasil: Yes, he did: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_72_starship_of_the_gods_part_ii_the_infernal_engine/post148

Not a strong tell, by any means. He was aware that it's a weak tell and later still had GH as one of his scummy choices. The other being me.
The last word he said on the matter was:

ZFR: Unvote GH

Sorry, I'm not going to vote someone whom I think is Townie after all, no matter how poorly he plays. Especially not when we can afford an NL.
So although he flipped and flopped about GH's alignment he had pretty much settled on GH being town by the end of the day. Would scum!GH off ZFR to stop him flipping back again? The hope being we'd go "ZFR (confirmed town) thought that GH is town. Good enough for me!".
Ok, given there's only 2 days left I'd be willing to vote for GH. Not so sure I'd vote for nmillar, I wouldn't want to lynch someone for having had a rough few days - I've been on the receiving end of that before and it's not very nice.
Lifthrasil: Interesting thought. But why do you say that they win after 2 mislynches? We are at 7 vs 2 right now. Let's go through the possibilities.

If we mislynch Today, we will be at 5 vs 2 tomorrow. If the IC survives and comes out then, we'll have 4 unconfirmed townies vs 2 scum plus one unvotable and unkillable IC. Random voting would have a 1/3 change of hitting scum. Majority for lynch will be at 4. The next Nightkill won't fail because scum know whom not to target. So if we mislynch again, we'll be at 3 vs. 2 on D4. One of which will be the IC. Which is still winnable.

If we lynch correctly Today, we'll be at 8 vs 1 Tomorrow. (Then, assuming subsequent mislynches: 6 vs 1, 4 vs 1, 2 vs 1)

sorry. Important call and after that another meeting. I'll return later and continue this thought.
I totally miscalculated the votes. In my head it would have been a loss after two more mislynches instead of 3, for some reason I had it at 4 people left alive after two mislynches happened. I still think whoever the IC is should claim as the benefits out way staying in hiding.

my name is capitayn catte: Hello! I see you are (implicitly) claiming to not be the IC. I'm not sure why you'd do this unprompted? If the IC wishes to remain hidden you've just reduced their hiding places by one.

I appreciate that you have strong feelings about what the IC should do, but I think ultimately it's their decision on how they want to play it. Claiming not to be IC and therefore nudging them towards being outed is not cool.
LOL, in my opinion whoever the IC is should have claimed Day 1 and a lynch should have happened also. I am in the minority probably in that opinion, but eh I'll still voice my opinion on it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with me suggesting whoever the IC is claims because hiding is IMO the wrong play for them. I know you don't see it that way and that's your prerogative, and my prerogative is for them to claim because I feel we gain more by them claiming than them trying to hide.

Bookwyrm627: Trent: Are you still playing from your phone? I seem to recall that posting links to posts helped you with that. If it doesn't make a difference, then I might not continue to shorten my post length.
I still play the majority of the time from my phone, but it doesn't make a difference so please continue with whatever length posts you want :)
GymHenson: I disagree...I think(if ZFR's math holds up, which it likely does), then the slight advantage there from having one NL might help town later on(barring we don't have a ton of bad luck re: our choices from now on, that is).
nmillar: Could you clarify what you mean here, please? That could read as you suggesting a further NL later on?
Sorry for not being more clear earlier......I wasn't suggesting anymore NLs.

I meant that the one NL we already had so far might hopefully give us an advantage later on in the game(if ZFR's math checks out & holds up, which I am guessing it does)....if we don't have a major run of bad luck from now on, that is.
Lifthrasil: However, there is something to be said about depriving scum of the day-chat. (Which, by the way, also happens if they Nightkill the IC). Hmmm... difficult choice.
Ending the day chat would be good for town, but (more or less, in a way) ending scum chat altogether....by getting one of the scum via lynch.....would (i'm guessing) probably be even better.
Hmmm nobody called me out for disappearing for circa two days. Huehuehuehue, starts twirling mustache

I mean, ahem. I like Trent's reasoning, for the IC to claim. But today, the window is shorter than ever to claim. So if we want to make it count...we will need to make it count in the next few hours. The benefits are huge: the IC is hard cleared and day chat is taken away thus forcing scum to figure out or to communicate "in the open." Also the IC will live for at least one day, so you have that too.

GymHenson: Ending the day chat would be good for town, but (more or less, in a way) ending scum chat altogether....by getting one of the scum via lynch.....would (i'm guessing) probably be even better.
Undeniably, but we're making it easier to lynch scum by forcing them to communicate and coordinate here during the Day, than it is to have them communicate in a separate plane of existence.

So what are our plans for this Day? I'm personally not attracted by the idea of even more No Lynches, not that it would have any practical uses now, so please start voting...or better yet, start consolidating on one of the existing wagons. Even a lynch on weak reasons will give us a more productive Day 3.

"Let it go!" -Elsa, Frozen, 2014. I have stuck the song into your ears again, deal with it.
Pookina: Undeniably, but we're making it easier to lynch scum by forcing them to communicate and coordinate here during the Day, than it is to have them communicate in a separate plane of existence.
Good point....and it's yet another reason why I want the IC to come out sooner rather than later.

Jokes on you, I play that song at least a few times a week. ;D

Pookina: So what are our plans for this Day? I'm personally not attracted by the idea of even more No Lynches, not that it would have any practical uses now, so please start voting...or better yet, start consolidating on one of the existing wagons. Even a lynch on weak reasons will give us a more productive Day 3.
Sounds good a plan as any, and since near anyone is as good as any other(for me to vote for):

Unvote Bookwyrm

Vote Nmillar

+++

Nmillar is now at L-2, everyone....just making sure y'all know.
Before I put nmillar to L-1, he probably should claim if he's IC. I don't want any "accidents" to happen with hammering.
Bookwyrm627: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_72_starship_of_the_gods_part_ii_the_infernal_engine/post304

Scum team is Blotunga + Catte (307)?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_72_starship_of_the_gods_part_ii_the_infernal_engine/post307

PPE: So many people believe that scum wouldn't kill those that suspect him. This baffles me.
Am I the only one that finds it weird to try and identify the scum team all in one go? I normally wait until we have one confirmed before looking at how they've interacted with other people to put the pieces together.

blotunga: Before I put nmillar to L-1, he probably should claim if he's IC. I don't want any "accidents" to happen with hammering.
Nope, vanilla town.
VOTE COUNT

GymHenson 2 - Pookina (#332), nmillar (#372)
Lifthrasil 1 - Microfish_1 (#353)
nmillar 3 - Lifthrasil (#378), Bookwyrm627 (#389), GymHenson (#400)
trentonlf 1 - Microfish_1 (#364)

Not voting: Catte, blotunga

With 9 players it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch.

nmillar is closest to lynch at L-2.

D2 ends in 1.5 days.
nmillar: Could you clarify what you mean here, please? That could read as you suggesting a further NL later on?
GymHenson: Sorry for not being more clear earlier......I wasn't suggesting anymore NLs.

I meant that the one NL we already had so far might hopefully give us an advantage later on in the game(if ZFR's math checks out & holds up, which I am guessing it does)....if we don't have a major run of bad luck from now on, that is.
Sorry, how do you perceive this to give us an advantage, and what does a "major run of bad luck" entail?
Lifthrasil: However, there is something to be said about depriving scum of the day-chat. (Which, by the way, also happens if they Nightkill the IC). Hmmm... difficult choice.
GymHenson: Ending the day chat would be good for town, but (more or less, in a way) ending scum chat altogether....by getting one of the scum via lynch.....would (i'm guessing) probably be even better.
Of course. That's what we are trying to do in any case.

GymHenson: Nmillar is now at L-2, everyone....just making sure y'all know.
Good to keep in mind.

@nmillar: anything to share?