It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With us being a couple days in now and therefore probably out RVS, I'll
unvote Pookina

Didn't have time yesterday, sorry. Present now and catching up.
Replies to the following people(pls make sure to check for any questions/serious reply bits I might've posted):
Bookwyrm, Pookina, Lift, Nmillar
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bookwyrm627: A game. Majesty.
Nice....might look into it to see what it's all about when I can manage some free time(more on this below at the bottom of this post).

Bookwyrm627: Pay attention to what someone is saying, whether it seems consistent, and gut feeling on whether they're genuine or bluffing.
Sounds smart/wise(also thanks for the answer as well).

+++

Pookina: It seems to read to me as GH got stuck in a bind and has no idea how to get back out of it by claiming stuff like his controversial post was a silly one, yet later claiming it was also to test reactions.
A good number of my posts in these games are silly(as in written silly, or just straight fluff in some cases)....and also a number of posts are to test reactions as well(to varying degrees of success and failure).

Pookina: Something feels like he's trying to wiggle his way out of a lynch? I don't know, but I'd like a definitive answer that I can buy.
Well yeah, I like playing these games and don't wanna get lynched early, as then I can't keep playing. I am also a bit off(more on this at the bottom of this post) lately and as such my game is likely gonna be off in general as well.

That said, vote as ya will....hopefully if I I won't get lynched, but if I do: here's hoping the NK will be someone who will be fun company in the observer thread.

(I really hope that I can keep playing, though, but what happens happens)

+++

Lifthrasil: That is actually a good point. GH suspecting Boowyrm early because of a RVS post looked, to me, like the usual GH quirkiness. His tunneling on ZFR while accusing ZFR of tunneling is also not unusual. But his defense against ZFR's questions starts to look more and more off and here ZFR caught him at an acual self-contradiction.
Well wouldn't you focus on a player if they made several posts about ya in short order, and seemed to be shading/tunneling on ya?

(btw, make sure to check the second bit of my question re: bookwyrm in post 109 as well if ya can, when ya have time)

+++

nmillar: Pot, have you met kettle?
Well I was trying to say a name that wasn't me as an example....still, fair enough....I do tunnel quite a bit in these games.

nmillar: On a serious note, I do agree that your opening gambit doesn't fit your usual play style. Others have mentioned that you usually do some sort of role play, but they seem to have missed that this game doesn't have any flavour, so there's not anything to role play ...
Well there's other reasons why i'm not playing as I usually do...beyond the lack of flavor and my being in a general bad funk, which are listed below.

Side note: I have been trying some roleplaying, so so as it is. I'm hoping when Micro gets in he'll join in as well....gotta do something to take my mind off of the stuff below, am I right?

+++
+++

To Nmillar and ALL others: Didn't want to bring this into the game, as I sometimes like to keep personal stuff to myself, but.....recently a family member was hospitalized(not Covid). At first they were just under the weather, but that alone was a distraction and made me a bit stressed/upset & put me in a bit of a funk. Now they are in the hospital, and besides worrying about them I have more things to do around the house to keep everything in order.

I will still be playing the game, though(no need for a break on my end)....as the game(and other things like gaming) helps take my mind off of things a bit more.
Well, looks like that's another wrong theory. I got a Town tell from GH. Could be scum GH improving his game, but I don't think so.

Lift's latest is giving me bad vibes. He's admitting I have a point against GH but is keeping a vote on catte because... catte's not paying attention to the OP?

Vote Lift
Lifthrasil: That is actually a good point. GH suspecting Boowyrm early because of a RVS post looked, to me, like the usual GH quirkiness. His tunneling on ZFR while accusing ZFR of tunneling is also not unusual. But his defense against ZFR's questions starts to look more and more off and here ZFR caught him at an acual self-contradiction.
GymHenson: Well wouldn't you focus on a player if they made several posts about ya in short order, and seemed to be shading/tunneling on ya?

(btw, make sure to check the second bit of my question re: bookwyrm in post 109 as well if ya can, when ya have time)
Yes, I tend to tunnel on players who attack me too. I am aware of that. And you tunneling on ZFR wasn't my reason to suspect you. If you read again, you will see that. What looks off is the way you try to explain your early suspicion of Bookwyrm away. It sounded serious, but then it was supposed to be a joke, then it was supposed to be a test, then a joke-test. Each time ZFR pointed out a flaw in your defense, you refined your reply. That looks as if you weren't stating your true reason for that 'suspicion', but as if you were making something up to justify it.
So it's not the fact that you defend against ZFR nor the fact that you suspect him back that makes you look off. It is the way you did your defense. This altering your reply bit by bit. That wouldn't be necessary for Town.

...not that Town never does unnecessary things. So you might be Town who, for some reason, got all flustered when attacked. But ZFR might as well be right and you're Scum who stumbled over their own defense.
Sorry, that this is taking so long. I'll try the best I can.
Disclaimer: I'm not going to read all the other old games to find out who plays like what and some such. I'll leave that to you. I hope you don't mind.
I'll see about the namechanges and stuff after this here is done, I think. I doubt I will get it all while trying to play the game. If anyone is interested: I have always been just me. For better or for worse. :-)

I took a look at those math pages again (not the numbers, god forbid) and that's based on optimal play. Ehm... I don't think I can pull that off, but I will try my best as usual, for better or for worse. :-/

And now I'll take some time to sort my notes and post opinions on the players. I'm a very slow sorter und typer though.

The only thing I can say for sure right now:
Catte seems his usual self, at least from what I remember him regarding Day 1 and I helped lynch him last game I played in, so I'm not going to do that, at least not D1.

@everyone (including "my newbies" nmillar, Bookwyrm and blotunga): Yes, I'm a newbie (third game of any mafia/werewolf ever), but I'm a big girl. If I should get lynched D1, then that is just that. But we'll see.

Now on to sorting and more typing.
ZFR: Well, looks like that's another wrong theory. I got a Town tell from GH. Could be scum GH improving his game, but I don't think so.

Lift's latest is giving me bad vibes. He's admitting I have a point against GH but is keeping a vote on catte because... catte's not paying attention to the OP?
Between "you have a point" and "I'm convinced that GH is scum" is a big difference. You word isn't law in this game, you know? Yes, you did have a point about GH and you raised my suspicion against him. But Catte's not noticing that Joe isn't even playing is more off that that one point you had against GH.

But what is your town tell on GH, if you can share it?
Lifthrasil: Yes, I tend to tunnel on players who attack me too. I am aware of that. And you tunneling on ZFR wasn't my reason to suspect you. If you read again, you will see that. What looks off is the way you try to explain your early suspicion of Bookwyrm away. It sounded serious, but then it was supposed to be a joke, then it was supposed to be a test, then a joke-test. Each time ZFR pointed out a flaw in your defense, you refined your reply. That looks as if you weren't stating your true reason for that 'suspicion', but as if you were making something up to justify it.
In part I was trying not to reveal what I was doing (re that vote on/reply to Book) when ZFR asked so that Book(if scum) wouldn't find out....and so the scum team/rest of the scum team wouldn't learn more of my tricks.

I was sorta trying to subtly try to dissuade ZFR from prying more, but he kept asking so I gave in....in part so (if town) he'd focus his efforts elsewhere to find actual scum.

(Btw if you didn't yet, check the end of that post you just quoted and replied to.....that bit at the end explains a bit more why my game is more off seeming than usual atm)
First things first: Don't worry about me. I now realized I might have still understood something wrong and overlooked other things from a different game, that probably would have helped a bunch (will try to recheck sometime after this game ends, I think), I want to understand it and I think I might be on the right track now, so I don't mind the time investment. All good on my side. And thanks for the patience and all. :-)

My personal horror Mafia team would be any combination of ZFR, Lift and Bookwyrm. I don't get math. For real. My brain just does some things without telling me sometimes.

1) ZFR
I might be able to read him better, but I'm not sure. Seems his usual self so far. Unless scumZFR took a potential mistake from TownGym as a window of oportunity. But it's a little aggressive this early in the game to come from scumZFR.

2) Microfish_1
Seems to be his usual self.

3) Catte
Already mentioned in my post before.

4) GymHenson
It seemed like he was trying too hard to buddy up to me, but that might just be a wrong impression, I haven't played in a while. Otherwise he seemed his usual self, but in combination with Bookwyrm voting him after being voted by Gym it seems a little off. Would scum really distance like this this early in the game?

5) Lifthrasil
I always find him difficult to read. Nothing that catched my eye.

6) nmillar
Unknown for me. Low post count and nothing much to go on.

7) Pookina
Doesn't like D1 that much and as far as I remember acts that way in every game he played (that I read). Probably not gonna vote D1. The random.org thing seemed a little much, but others did so too.

8) blotunga
Unknown for me. Low post count. The only thing that sticks out to me is the mention of nmillar voting me as being odd. It was still RVS and how else would you see someones reaction to it?

9) Bookwyrm627
Intense personalitiy it seems. :-) His reaction to Gyms vote seems off since he states that he knew who he was. Otherwise an Unknown to me.

10) FlockeSchnee
Do I really need to say something? I'll take that as a no.
Replies to Lift and Flocke:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lifthrasil: But what is your town tell on GH, if you can share it?
I'd also like to know this...well unless ZFR revealing such would help scum, that is.

+++

FlockeSchnee: First things first: Don't worry about me. I now realized I might have still understood something wrong and overlooked other things from a different game, that probably would have helped a bunch (will try to recheck sometime after this game ends, I think), I want to understand it and I think I might be on the right track now, so I don't mind the time investment. All good on my side. And thanks for the patience and all. :-)
No problem.

Also thanks for the listing of all players like this.
Lifthrasil: You word isn't law in this game, you know?
Eh?

I'm not complaining that you're not following my word, but that you're not following your own word that GH's justifications are off.

Lifthrasil: But Catte's not noticing that Joe isn't even playing is more off that that one point you had against GH.
Why?

Can you elaborate your case against catte? Why is thinking Joe is playing pointing towards catte being scum?

Lifthrasil: But what is your town tell on GH, if you can share it?
Not now. You don't have to take my word that such a tell exits. I could be well wrong anyway.
ZFR: Not now. You don't have to take my word that such a tell exits.
(bolding mine)
Yeah, that's likely a good idea.....still, now i'm gonna be curious. ;D
(maybe tell me after the end of the game, say in PM, if you feel up to it?)
EBWOB for 140 regarding Catte:
Catte seems his usual self, at least from what I remember him regarding Day 1 and I helped lynch him last game I played in, so I'm not going to do that, at least not D1.
Should be "helped lynch him D1 last game I played in".
GymHenson: well unless ZFR revealing such would help scum, that is.
Yes. Because if you're Town then scum don't know it and have to rely on tells to figure out your faction.

Anyway, here it is. I probably should get AF for better iso, but I don't like installing third party scripts
"I shall gladly have a slight chuckle from the sidelines should I get lynched."
GH has made a similar comment in all recent games he was Town, except ACME one.
But... he was only scum, in Shining and NRA both before he started making such statement.

GOG serach is terrible and I don't want to spend more time on this. It's not as reliable as I thought it was. Still it reads like Town GH to me.
high rated
GymHenson: .....recently a family member was hospitalized(not Covid).
I'm really sorry to hear that and hope they recover quickly. Let me know if you need some time off.

VOTE COUNT

GymHenson 2 - Bookwyrm627 (#24), Pookina (#135)
Bookwyrm627 2 - blotunga (#5), GymHenson (#7)
blotunga 1 - Micorfish_1 ([#32)
FlockeSchnee 1 - nmillar (#60)
Catte 1 - Lifthrasil (#77)
Lifthrasil 1 - ZFR (#138)

Not voting - Catte, FlockeSchnee

With 10 players it takes 6 votes to achieve a lynch.

Bookwyrm627 and GymHenson are closest to lynch at L-4.

D1 ends in approximately 4 days.
ZFR: Yes. Because if you're Town then scum don't know it and have to rely on tells to figure out your faction.
What if they were "blind scum"? That a thing? o.0

Btw, I replied to ya in post 146 to tell ya to not reveal it, but it seems ya missed that post? Anyhoo, on to the rest of this one.

ZFR: But... he was only scum, in Shining and NRA both before he started making such statement.
I'm a bit tired atm(due in part to IRL)....remind me what NRA means again if you could?

ZFR: GOG serach is terrible and I don't want to spend more time on this. It's not as reliable as I thought it was. Still it reads like Town GH to me.
"Good......good.....it is workin....I mean nothing....nothing at all...carry on, then"

+++
+++

@OP: No need for a break....i'm one of those types that deals with such best by keeping busy.
(on that note, if y'all see more posts from me at some points, that might be partly why)