It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nmillar: Well, dedo is cleared for me as he's a fellow Slytherin, and Joe's dead too, which leaves GH, who I'm already voting for. Lift could be scum too, especially with that strange quick lynch.
my name is magike catte: Ok, what have I missed here? What exactly prevents dedo from lying and claiming to be Slytherin?
Because of how early he claimed it.
nmillar: Because of how early he claimed it.
Hmm, I dunno. We know that it's not like "Slytherin = scum" so I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be a safe claim. However I take your point that scum are less likely to voluntarily lock themselves down like that.
my name is magike catte: Ok, what have I missed here? What exactly prevents dedo from lying and claiming to be Slytherin?
What did you expect him to say, "I'm Salem"?
Even if early, his claim doesn't mean it's true at all..
phaolo: What did you expect him to say, "I'm Salem"?
Well you might not know this, but there would be a precedent for that. XD
my name is magike catte: Well you might not know this, but there would be a precedent for that. XD
Really? lol
I imagine it was some newbie, right?
phaolo: Really? lol
I imagine it was some newbie, right?
Not exactly... I think it came about from not reading the PM carefully enough: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_62_the_pwen/post9

It became a bit of a running joke until:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/harry_potter_and_gog_mafia_64/post26

Yogsloth claimed his actual name and house pretending it was a joke (he really was scum).
Nobody else came out and said, "me too", so it seems like a genuine claim to me. Even more reason to do a mass house claim though.
gogtrial34987: Joe? Is that you?
I don't know. Is it? I doubt everything.

gogtrial34987: Since nmillar didn't see fit to answer this, but I thought the same, and figure that if you're town, it's worth spelling it out explicitly: dedo claimed Slytherin very early, in #131. Scum trusting at that point that Slytherin would be assigned to Town to such a degree as to go for that gambit, would be extremely ballsy play.

That doesn't mean nmillar couldn't be scum trying to look good by backing up dedo (Joe speculated as much in #365), but it does mean that town!nmillar has reason to explicitly town-clear dedo.
I thought it was kind of implied mafia is Salem this time. Mafia of course knows if it is true or not so they do know they are not Slytherine so why would it be ballsy for any of them to claim that.

What I don't like about it is that by "clearing" dedo, nmillar, while not stating it directly, is using it to imply himself as town. If he were mafia he could know Slytherine is OK so it would be fairly easy way to paint himself as town as well to proclaim someone who claimed that way town and thus link himself to them.
gogtrial34987: Joe? Is that you?
Vitek: I don't know. Is it? I doubt everything.

gogtrial34987: Since nmillar didn't see fit to answer this, but I thought the same, and figure that if you're town, it's worth spelling it out explicitly: dedo claimed Slytherin very early, in #131. Scum trusting at that point that Slytherin would be assigned to Town to such a degree as to go for that gambit, would be extremely ballsy play.

That doesn't mean nmillar couldn't be scum trying to look good by backing up dedo (Joe speculated as much in #365), but it does mean that town!nmillar has reason to explicitly town-clear dedo.
Vitek: I thought it was kind of implied mafia is Salem this time. Mafia of course knows if it is true or not so they do know they are not Slytherine so why would it be ballsy for any of them to claim that.

What I don't like about it is that by "clearing" dedo, nmillar, while not stating it directly, is using it to imply himself as town. If he were mafia he could know Slytherine is OK so it would be fairly easy way to paint himself as town as well to proclaim someone who claimed that way town and thus link himself to them.
Anyone else want to claim Slytherin?
Vote Count

Lift 1 - GH
nmillar 1 - Lift
GH 1 - nmillar

Not voting - catte, phaolo, Micro, dedo, gogtrial, Vitek, blotunga

Lift, nmillar, GH are closest at L-5

10 players. Takes 6 to lynch.

About 45 hrs left.
Lifthrasil: In every world where a no-lynch on D1 is bad for Town. So, in every world where they play Mafia. ... But I have to ask: Really? You still don't see why no-lynch is bad for Town?
It's more that I see having one more town to vote against and find scum on D2 as slightly more valuable than having a wagon to analyze.

Lifthrasil: Then why do you participate in the struggle to avoid it?
To let the better town players have a wagon to try their best to analyze, of course.

(Bump needed please)
Microfish_1: @GH

I'm not scum. Believe what you will, but only ZFR and I know da truths....
Mayhaps you are, but until I know for sure I have to suspect you...same as every other played I don't know the alignment of. :)

Microfish_1: toDay and toNight are simple. They refer to the Day and Night phases of this game. I use toDay etc to refer to the current Day phase of this game, and toNight to refer to current Night phase (n1 vs N2 etc).
Thanks for the explanation.

While you're here: what about the backwards word Holmes (semloH) in Post 38, if I may ask?

Microfish_1: (Now, don't you wish you had paid ZFR more for the privelege of playing this game? or your ISP, or GOG, or someone?)
xD
I actually paid 5 space bucks to play this game...didn't everyone else as well? o.0 ;D
(The above is a joke, in case others reading didn't get that)

(Bump needed again)
gogtrial34987: So you're saying (please correct me if I'm wrong with any of this):
#370: this lynch is as good as almost any other
In general, I meant.....I would have rather one of my suspects been the wagon on D1, but that wasn't to be the case.

gogtrial34987: #429: 10 hours wasn't enough time to get another wagon going
It likely wasn't due to time zones and IRL of the players, but I hoped it was and one of my preferred wagons could've picked up steam instead.

gogtrial34987: #482: scum would always prefer mislynch over nolynch
Not always, but imo sometimes they might.

----

gogtrial34987: - Why in #370 did you vote for trent, rather than trying to convince people to vote for your preferred candidates?
I didn't see it as a very big possibility, and I wanted the more veteran town players to have a wagon to analyze.

gogtrial34987: - Given #443, what were you hoping/expecting trent to say (if left unhammered) that'd make another wagon viable within 10 hours?
I dunno....maybe I was grasping at straws and hoping one of my wagons would somehow magically (har har) become viable and go through.

gogtrial34987: - In #370 you appeared to accept the possibility of a mislynch on town!trent as worth it so the wagon can be analyzed. In #429/#433 you appeared to have preferred nolynch over mislynch. In #443 you appeared not to know if you prefer nolynch over mislynch. In #482 you appeared to say that scum would prefer mislynch over nolynch. How do you explain this... inconsistency?
1. I personally think a nolynch on D1(or even a nolynch on other "days") would be preferable for town in some cases, but I have also become more amiable to the idea of having a wagon to analyze by the veteran town players as well.

As such, it causes a mental conflict of sorts, and my stance shifts slightly on the issue over time.
(Plus since I take few notes on average and have poor memory in general, I can sometimes forget even what I said a short while ago in game & my stance on some things in game, causing my later replies to conflict with prior ones in some cases)

2. I was trying to say that (imo) in some cases, scum might prefer a mislynch...as it'd be two town gone instead of just one.
ZFR: About 45 hrs left.
Well since Lift is starting to look a bit less suspicious, and since Nmillar keeps rising on the suspicion meter for me:

Unvotus Lift

Pokyus Stickus Nmillar

(If Nmillar gets close to lynch, and i'm awake at the time, I will unvote to make sure they have time to claim)

------

Question to OP: What does "oho" mean in your post about houses a bit back in the game?
my name is magike catte: Huh? I work in a college, some of the keyboards are pretty beaten up and I probably wrote that in a hurry during a break without proofreading. If it was a breadcrumb, what exactly would you be hoping to achieve by bringing it up at this juncture?

Clearly the spirit that possessed FlockeSchnee in the first HP game has found a new host. :P

Still, this strikes me as a town thought process even if it's ultimately wrong.

Hah, I finally summon up the willpower to read the game and find that I've become the centre of (Micro's) attention this morning.
I see. If it was a breadcrumb from scum to scum, nothing is helped by hiding it. if, as you state, it was nothing, it does no harm and and least proves that i've been cross-reading something vs riding on the coattails of others.

Also, everyone gets their 15-minutes of attention!

Vitek: yuck
yup
EBWOP, in case it wasn't obvious, the key to the code was agreed upon in night-chat the previous Night. ZFR just said one of a few code phrases in the correct order.

I do like #518's reasoning, as it paints gogtrial in a better light. Being analytical, done right, is useful for town and something I am bad at. The one time i summoned up the brainpower to do it, I was eliminated that night. i haven't successfully tried since.

+++++++++++++++

Microfish_1: Gogtrial never answered my question from D1: why did he drop Joe and move to trent?
gogtrial34987: My apologies for not answering this before. I moved to trent because I convinced myself he was scum, while Joe had only given me a single scum-ping. Additionally, I felt that if both were scum, trent's flip would give us more useful information.
I have a followup question for you based on this, but I'd like to make certain you feel I've fully answered your question first. Have I?

Microfish_1: @gogtrial--your 467 has a couple of possibilities for nmillar (as scum and as town). Which way do you think he leans?
gogtrial34987: He's been in serious null territory for me for most of the game, and I really dislike how little he's been contributing (while acknowledging he's been far from the only one I can say that for). Him flipping scum would also give us useful information due to his wagon, so I was contemplating the wisdom in voting him. However, I really liked his mindset in #480, so I have him with a small town-lean atm.
2. Hmm. I see. Thank you.

1. Yes, I figured that you would say as much. The only 3 main reasons to vote someone include
1) to avoid NL,
2) because they look scummier than others
3) to Mis-lunch.
However, could you please, if it isn't too much bother, elaborate on why or how Trent gave you a scum-ping? I am trying to peer inside your brain, as it were, and figure out both you and trent. Otherwise, if you have already done written this out, could you link to the post or posts where you did this?
Additionally, I felt that if both were scum, trent's flip would give us more useful information.
Ah. This was due to the "more players on wagon!trent then on wagon!joe?", or were there other reasons? Please elaborate if you haven't already, and if you have, please link again?

Also, ask away, I think. :-P

+++++++++++

This is when i find myself agreeing with Trent's oft-cried "no pm-discussion please!"

Vitek: What I don't like about it is that by "clearing" dedo, nmillar, while not stating it directly, is using it to imply himself as town. If he were mafia he could know Slytherine is OK so it would be fairly easy way to paint himself as town as well to proclaim someone who claimed that way town and thus link himself to them.
(and following)
Agreed. Pocketing is easy and can be done in differing ways, and the pro-active town player is on the lookout for this.

I don't care for GH's saying that NL is better than L. He is definitely playing differently from usual, and the last time I remember him being "different from usual" he was scum. Now, he claims that this is due to him trying to be better, and is NAI. If true, good on him. If false, shame on us.

GymHenson: While you're here: what about the backwards word Holmes (semloH) in Post 38, if I may ask?
I actually find it hard to believe that you haven't noticed this otDay / toNight thing before, as I seem to recall you have used it yourself in previous games. Maybe I misrecall.

The reason I spelled Holmes backwards is in case the character is under copyright yet. Also to differentiate this from the real persona. You will also notice that i similarly messed up Gregson & Lestrade to form "gregstrade". Also, as this is occurring 2 generations after Holmes, I figured the oral tradition could have gotten things mixed up slightly....
All in all, more of the joke, nothing else.

Are you getting your space-bucks worth out of the game, I hope? I paid 5 doll-hairs myself. j/k xD

Are you voting nmillar because you think he scum or to break up a 3-way tie with yourself as one of the other leading wagons?

Eh... IRL intervened. This is what you get and I'm not thinking clearly now, so I need to go do something else for a few hours. Maybe even sleep before sun-up.