It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GymHenson: Him doing that AND being ok with putting someone at L-1 before they've had a chance to claim? Harder to believe.
Lifthrasil: So, me doing the same thing that you did is hard to believe? Thanks, I guess.
Neither of you did it, but I think the recent trent of stating intention to put someone at L-1 instead of actually doing it is a good thing. It came about specifically to avoid situations like our EoD1. Oh well.

GymHenson: @Catte-Post 486: *Pic related* is for you
(I took 5 minutes to make it just for you :))
Aw thanks. I do appreciate a good single use meme. Something so specific to a situation that it will never be useful again. :)

nmillar: This is full of contradictions. Houses mean nothing because the scum team are Yanks? The Yanks are not members of any of the four houses!
Right, which does rather support the idea that house is completely meaningless. I don't see the contradiction...

nmillar: Today we visited the town of Portmeirion (where the TV show, The Prisoner was filmed), which was a good six hours.
Ooh, I've not been since I was a teenager but it's a really cool place.

Microfish_1: Why the Capitalization? What are you trying to breadcrumb? I've given it a pass on 3 separate occasions and now i'm curious.
Are you scum without day-chat returning investigation results? a cop saying G(ymHenson) is Scum? Strawberry? Sandpaper? Syracuse (New York)? Salmon?
Huh? I work in a college, some of the keyboards are pretty beaten up and I probably wrote that in a hurry during a break without proofreading. If it was a breadcrumb, what exactly would you be hoping to achieve by bringing it up at this juncture?

Clearly the spirit that possessed FlockeSchnee in the first HP game has found a new host. :P

Still, this strikes me as a town thought process even if it's ultimately wrong.

Hah, I finally summon up the willpower to read the game and find that I've become the centre of (Micro's) attention this morning.
Lifthrasil: What about you? Are you up for it? And if no, why not?
I am against it because I see no use to it.
Even if it was to help us break the setup somehow I would be against because what fun would there be in it?

Lifthrasil: My answer, by gut-feeling and knowing ZFR, to both questions would be 'no'. But everyone is free to make up their own mind.
Why are you up for it, if you think it is not useful?

nmillar: On to the accusations. GymHenson feels different in this game, and there's a fair few of his posts that seem really off. It may be that he's tunneling, but he's pinging my radar.
Could you point them out?

Microfish_1: It turned out that ZFR had investigated someone overnight and had written a message to his fellow scum (ie "if the first word is X, it means ABC is DEF, but if the first word is Y, it means GHI is JKL")
Yuck.
GymHenson: That said, you're saying scum would've been happy with 1 town dead(NK) instead of two as it is now(mislynch and NK).....really? In what world does that make a lick of sense?
gogtrial34987: ...

I guess that answers the below for me:

GymHenson: Dunno how to answer this atm(head is aching due to a minor bump I sustained earlier IRL, and also not that good a player...even with me trying to do a bit better this game).
gogtrial34987: It does cast you moving to trent's wagon in a new light, though...
True. It is a bit self-contradictory. Wanting to avoid no-lynch but also asking in what world scum would be happy about a no-lynch is quite illogical. Even for GH.

However, I also have a bone to pick with you: you didn't answer the question that I and Micro asked you: why did you switch to trent? Or did I miss your reply?

Microfish_1: @catte In your 423
my name is magike catte: since i didn't Get a chance to say this before, I just wanted to Say: what the actual **** lift? Still i don't think a claim of vanilla would have saved him
Microfish_1: Why the Capitalization? What are you trying to breadcrumb? I've given it a pass on 3 separate occasions and now i'm curious.
Are you scum without day-chat returning investigation results? a cop saying G(ymHenson) is Scum? Strawberry? Sandpaper? Syracuse (New York)? Salmon?
Good catch. I totally missed that. Doesn't have to be scum communication though. Could be Town breadcrumbing something. But @Catte: now that Micro's interpretation of your capitalization is out anyhow, and Phaolo already spelled out the obvious interpretation in Post #500, why not explain it?

Microfish_1: You do recall the old adage "4-warned is 4-armed ...
Hey! I'm always 4-armed! ;-)

Lifthrasil: My answer, by gut-feeling and knowing ZFR, to both questions would be 'no'. But everyone is free to make up their own mind.
Vitek: Why are you up for it, if you think it is not useful?
Because I don't see any real danger in it and there is the off chance, that it might yield some good results for Town. But then again, you are right. Breaking the setup just to win would not be fun. But would it be breaking it, if we win by claiming factions? ... Claims, even partial ones, are a usual part of any Mafia game and are part of the balancing.
phaolo: And if that's true, was there someone who swapped wagons too quickly, maybe on trent?
gogtrial34987: Any suspicions of your own on this?
gogtrial34987: Any suspicions of your own on this?
phaolo: Well, I was asking others because it's a PITA to look for the posts.
Maybe someone can pass a link?
I did, extensively in #441, 4 days ago now. Assuming you followed up on those links, I ask again: Any suspicions of your own on this?
gogtrial34987: I did, extensively in #441, 4 days ago now. Assuming you followed up on those links, I ask again: Any suspicions of your own on this?
Ah yeah, I checked those, but I couldn't make anything worth out of it.

Anyway, do you have any opinions of this latest exchange with Micro?
I take issue with some of GH's reasoning. Collecting all the relevant quotes here for easy reference:
GymHenson: Yeah, I don't want to lynch someone who is sick IRL and who seems to be in such a "slump" as Trent is.....and with him seemingly being okay with it(if I read his posts correctly) there's a chance he could be town and this could be a mislynch.....but we need a wagon and lynch for the more competent town players to analyze, and this lynch seems to be as good as almost any other (to me)
my name is magike catte: Ok, looking at the trent wagon there I'm not happy with the speed at which people piled on in the latter half. Not specifically Lift, but dedo and GH climbed on with a certain eagerness. Those votes came very fast and we had many hours until the deadline.
GymHenson: We had around 10 hours, and not everyone can be online at the same time due to IRL....so not much time to get another wagon going.
(Although seeing Trent's flip, I now think a nolynch would have likely been more preferable in that particular instance)
gogtrial34987: Take me through your reasoning here? Why would nolynch have been preferable over trent's flip "in that particular instance"?
GymHenson: We'd have one more town to help find scum....albeit one who was possibly losing interest in the game...that's about it.

I would have preferred one of my suspects, actually.....now we have one less town...but what's done is done, and we need to move on and find scum.
gogtrial34987: So... how is that different from any other mislynch instance? Do you not hold with the common belief that a mislynch on D1 is preferable over nolynch, or ...?
GymHenson: Dunno how to answer this atm [...]
I will say this much, though: I was hoping with my vote and warning to others not to hammer that players would hold off for a bit, and then hopefully Trent would come on & give us their thoughts/reads & maybe give us something to work with so we could choose another lynch candidate before end of D1.
Lifthrasil: Trent was a goner anyhow so all scum had to do was wait for Town to hammer (which I did) - and even if none of us would have hammered, it would have ended in a no-lynch and Scum would have rejoiced even more. So, if I were Scum, hammering in such an unnecessary way, thereby drawing attention, would be very stupid indeed.
GymHenson: Trent being a goner wasn't so foregone a conclusion.....we had around 10 hours or so left to reach majority, so it's possible the day could've ended in nolynch had you not hammered and everyove had listened to my plea to give Trent time to reply.

That said, you're saying scum would've been happy with 1 town dead(NK) instead of two as it is now(mislynch and NK).....really? In what world does that make a lick of sense?
So you're saying (please correct me if I'm wrong with any of this):
#370: there's a chance trent could be town
#370: despite this, we need a wagon to analyze
#370: this lynch is as good as almost any other
#429: 10 hours wasn't enough time to get another wagon going
#429: seeing how trent is town, nolynch would've been preferable
#433: nolynch would've been preferable, so we'd have another town player
#443: you don't know if you believe that mislynch is preferable over nolynch
#443: you were hoping that trent would say something so another lynch could happen
#482: with only 10 hours to go, nolynch was a real possibility
#482: scum would always prefer mislynch over nolynch

Questions I have:
- Why in #370 did you vote for trent, rather than trying to convince people to vote for your preferred candidates?
- Given #443, what were you hoping/expecting trent to say (if left unhammered) that'd make another wagon viable within 10 hours?
- In #370 you appeared to accept the possibility of a mislynch on town!trent as worth it so the wagon can be analyzed. In #429/#433 you appeared to have preferred nolynch over mislynch. In #443 you appeared not to know if you prefer nolynch over mislynch. In #482 you appeared to say that scum would prefer mislynch over nolynch. How do you explain this... inconsistency?

gogtrial34987: It does cast you moving to trent's wagon in a new light, though...
GymHenson: If you could explain this post and what you meant a bit more I would appreciate it.
If you're scum, and you believe a mislynch is more in your benefit than nolynch, than you'd have a reason to abandon nmillar's wagon even if he were town.

GymHenson: (Also if yer trying to say I am scum!GH going for easy lynches.....then you haven't been paying attention to the tells of my past games as scum)
Or maybe I've been paying attention to the tells of your past games as town?

Your game is decidedly different. I approve, but it makes it hard to figure you out based on meta.
An addition to the GH roundup post above:
my name is magike catte: Fair enough, but do note we were close to deadline and the chances we could get another wagon going were slim.
- How do you rhyme this with #443 where you said you were hoping another lynch could happen?
EBWOP: Proper quote attribution:
GymHenson: Fair enough, but do note we were close to deadline and the chances we could get another wagon going were slim.
Microfish_1: Gogtrial never answered my question from D1: why did he drop Joe and move to trent?
My apologies for not answering this before. I moved to trent because I convinced myself he was scum, while Joe had only given me a single scum-ping. Additionally, I felt that if both were scum, trent's flip would give us more useful information.
I have a followup question for you based on this, but I'd like to make certain you feel I've fully answered your question first. Have I?

Microfish_1: @gogtrial--your 467 has a couple of possibilities for nmillar (as scum and as town). Which way do you think he leans?
He's been in serious null territory for me for most of the game, and I really dislike how little he's been contributing (while acknowledging he's been far from the only one I can say that for). Him flipping scum would also give us useful information due to his wagon, so I was contemplating the wisdom in voting him. However, I really liked his mindset in #480, so I have him with a small town-lean atm.

Lifthrasil: However, I also have a bone to pick with you: you didn't answer the question that I and Micro asked you: why did you switch to trent? Or did I miss your reply?
I've scanned all your posts since micro first asked on D1, twice, and haven't seen you asking this. Am I blind? Where did you ask? And why?

You did erroneously question why I didn't vote trent in #341, which I answered in #344 by pointing out that I did, and which you acknowledged in #346.
Vote Count

Lift 1 - GH
nmillar 1 - Lift
GH 1 - nmillar

Not voting - catte, phaolo, Micro, dedo, gogtrial, Vitek, blotunga

Lift, nmillar, GH are closest at L-5

10 players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Lol those 3 are voting each other in turn:

Lift → GH
↑ ....... ↓
nmillar

(nothing really suspicious about it, just funny)
blotunga: though I agree with nmillar that town normally should oppose such early claims. Or so I think.
Which specific thing nmillar said are you agreeing to here? I scanned all his posts on the page before #492, and I have no idea what you mean with "such early claims". Is that in reference to my house-claiming proposal?
This post also doesn't make any sense to me as a response to GH's post which you quoted...
gogtrial34987: Which specific thing nmillar said are you agreeing to here? I scanned all his posts on the page before #492, and I have no idea what you mean with "such early claims". Is that in reference to my house-claiming proposal?
This post also doesn't make any sense to me as a response to GH's post which you quoted...
Yes, it's about the house claiming. He is also clearly against it.
gogtrial34987: Which specific thing nmillar said are you agreeing to here? I scanned all his posts on the page before #492, and I have no idea what you mean with "such early claims". Is that in reference to my house-claiming proposal?
blotunga: Yes, it's about the house claiming. He is also clearly against it.
A quote please about the specific thing nmillar said that gives you that idea?
blotunga: Yes, it's about the house claiming. He is also clearly against it.
No, I haven't expressed a preference about this one way or the other. I merely started the discussion by claiming Slytherin alongside dedo.

I don't really understand how a few people are finding the houses irrelevant? We know that it's Hogwarts vs the outsiders, so anyone who isn't town would have to make up a house, which I imagine would be a fairly even split amongst town players? Two of us have already claimed Slytherin, and we've got Trent in a confirmed house already too, which reduces the opportunity for a successful false claim.

Am I completely missing the point, or are several players choosing to deliberately ignore this? GH and Vitek both come to mind ...