It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
WoodburyChip: I am confused.

I'm trying to figure out what is the point of this GOG Connect?

1) If I already own the games on Steam, they will appear here at GOG?
Yes, but not automatically. You have to manually select which games to import your ownership of.

Is that so I can get the DRM free versions?
Basically, yes.

Is that it? Am I missing something?
Not really.

I'm asking because I just can't figure out what the difference is otherwise.

2) If I own them HERE, will they then appear on my "connected" Steam account?
No, it's a one-way deal.
Post edited September 28, 2016 by tikeno
WoodburyChip: I am confused.

I'm trying to figure out what is the point of this GOG Connect?
In short, the point of it for GOG and for publishers, is to be a promotional marketing tool to both bring new Steam users to the GOG.com storefront who have never shopped here before, and as a customer service value-add for existing customers.

For customers, the point of it is basically to be able to own games on GOG.com DRM-free along with all of the benefits GOG provides for their games including support, bonus goodies etc., which is something many GOG customers greatly value, especially those who much prefer to use GOG instead of Steam, or who might even prefer to never have to use Steam at all. If they own a game on Steam that is promoted through GOG Connect, they may have an opportunity to redeem it here on GOG and not have to bother with Steam any more for that particular game.

That's it in a nutshell.
Thanks. I ALWAYS look to GOG FIRST to buy any game - and I've paid a premium for games at times for the added value.

I just didn't understand the back and forth of it all and I assumed the worse as this goes against the practice I've seen creeping in among other online Steam game sellers.

There has been a trend among online Steam game sellers to not give you Steam keys, but register the newly purchased game to your Steam account directly.

This removes from the user any option they may want to have for gifting the Steam game (key), etc.

This represents a tightening up of control, and I figured this was just an extension of that.

In fact, I was afraid that this "connect" thing was a step toward GOG adding DRM to their titles via using Steam.

Because of this, I created a new, EMPTY Steam account to that all my GOG games could be "connected" to within the Steam interface for downloading, installing and playing.

I have like 100 games in Steam in 3 different accounts for myself and children to play. So it's not that simple for me.

I just wish they explained this situation more clearly (as in, somewhere that I could have found and read it)

I was completely wrong about that, however. I was also wrong about believing there was something "free" about it it all.

But thank you, and thank you, GOG!

I guess I'll be making another GOG account to properly "connect" my regular Steam account to.
Yaaaawn....

School rules!

Day 3 INCOMING!
mecharma: Yaaaawn....

School rules!

Day 3 INCOMING!
New releases soon, I hope.

I don't want to hear that same excuse again that the dog ate your homework.

School rules!

Day 3 INCOMING!
Sigh.. I guess I'm ready...
Leroux: Victor Vran [..] much more game-y or arcade-y in that regard. [..] If you're looking for a true Diablo clone, you might hate Victor Vran. Personally I liked it precisely because it's different.
phaolo: Ah, thank you.
In case you're still interested in learning more about VV, I also wrote a review earlier this year.
GOG.com: The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
School on a weekend? Surely you're pulling our legs? :(

School rules!

Day 3 INCOMING!
Emob78: New releases soon, I hope.

I don't want to hear that same excuse again that the dog ate your homework.
New release at 12.00!

Homework after that...
GOG.com: The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Pangaea666: School on a weekend? Surely you're pulling our legs? :(
At the GOG Headquarters...
Am I the only person who sees Dying Light on sale and thinks Fuck You GOG Galaxy?

:qw!
mecharma: New release at 12.00!

Homework after that...
Now is that 12 minutes and 0 seconds? 12:00? 12:00am or pm? CEST, UTC, EST or some other time zone? Oh the suspense! :)
drinnen: Am I the only person who sees Dying Light on sale and thinks Fuck You GOG Galaxy?

Uhhhmm... yes?!??! ;).*runs like the wind*
drinnen: Am I the only person who sees Dying Light on sale and thinks Fuck You GOG Galaxy?

Yes, you're the only one.
phaolo: After watching some LPs, I thought that Victor Vran was less good than Van Helsing FC, but.. now I see that it has way better reviews, so I'm puzzled O_o
I like the Van Helsings more than most people, but I found the simplicity and arcade nature of Victor Vran very welcome. I'd say that for mindless, fast-paced fun Victor Vran is the better option but if you're looking for more depth and diversity (thanks to the tower-defense levels and the lieutenants missions), more banter, and more easter eggs, go with Van Helsing. I just got "stats and gear fatigue" at some point around the third game, while with Victor Vran I didn't really have to worry about any of that throughout the 20something hours I spent with it.
Post edited September 28, 2016 by maladr0Id