It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
IAmSinistar: Here's my haul so far:

Dying Light: The Following + all DLC
Cossacks II
Corpse Party
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
Dex
Grim Dawn
Kona *

* not on sale, part of a trade
That's a nice homework assignment...
mecharma: That's a nice homework assignment...
I still have to finish my Halcyon 6 science fair project and my Tahira term paper, though. :)
Ixamyakxim: Hey that actually IS really neat. Is this present in all the games? You might have sold me on one as well. Of course, I wouldn't have to decide which.

Ia! Ia! ;)
Not sure, I haven't played any of the other Sherlock games yet. :)
After watching some LPs, I thought that Victor Vran was less good than Van Helsing FC, but.. now I see that it has way better reviews, so I'm puzzled O_o
Post edited September 27, 2016 by phaolo
Ashnak: 2016 Back to School Sale

Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse

CONFIRMED!
I'd love for more Humongous games to come via Connect (obviously ;).
I also have an issue with redeeming Anno 1404 Gold using GOG Connect, even though I've already bought Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition.....
Hope GOG will fix it....
phaolo: After watching some LPs, I thought that Victor Vran was less good than Van Helsing FC, but.. now I see that it has way better reviews, so I'm puzzled O_o
Even though the may seem alike due to the similar themes, the gameplay is significantly different; I would even go as far as to say they're in different (sub)genres. So whether you consider it better or worse than Van Helsing actually depends on what kind of game you're looking for. Van Helsing is more of a traditional Diablo clone in which you just point and click at enemies with the mouse, while Victor Vran is an Action game that can be played with a gamepad and allows you to jump and dodge.

While both games, contrary to Diablo, have preset level design and loading screens between areas, the areas of Victor Vran really are levels, each with their own goals and achievements and personal high scores. It's much more game-y or arcade-y in that regard. Instead of running around in a huge world of connected areas, you have a hub and select levels on the map. In some way it reminded me more of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light than Diablo, even though there aren't any real puzzles in it and it's mostly hack and slash. But the structure is similar. Also, there aren't any really character classes in Victor Vran, characters have next to no stats and characters get better by equipment, not skill points or anything like that.

I thought both games are fun for a bit but neither is perfect, they both get a bit boring after a while. My fun lasted longer with Victor Vran though. Basically, I liked the first one or two areas in Van Helsing (~3 hours?), before getting bored, and absolutely loved the first half of Victor Vran (~15 hours?) before getting sick and tired of it. YMMV though. If you're looking for a true Diablo clone, you might hate Victor Vran. Personally I liked it precisely because it's different.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by Leroux
phaolo: After watching some LPs, I thought that Victor Vran was less good than Van Helsing FC, but.. now I see that it has way better reviews, so I'm puzzled O_o
Leroux: Even though the may seem alike due to the similar themes, the gameplay is significantly different; I would even go as far as to say they're in different (sub)genres. So whether you consider it better or worse than Van Helsing actually depends on what kind of game you're looking for. Van Helsing is more of a traditional Diablo clone in which you just point and click at enemies with the mouse, while Victor Vran is an Action game that can be played with a gamepad and allows you to jump and dodge.
Actually VH can also be played with a gamepad.

I got bored of Victor Vran more quickly so personally I'd recommend VH.
Really unbalanced in single player though so make sure you bring a friend.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by omega64
omega64: Actually VH can also be played with a gamepad.
But I bet you can't jump and dodge! ;)
omega64: Actually VH can also be played with a gamepad.
Leroux: But I bet you can't jump and dodge! ;)
True. ;)
Question for the blues: How come the GOG twitter currently shows Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on sale? As far as I can tell, BG:EE is still full price. Am I missing something?
Leroux: Victor Vran [..] much more game-y or arcade-y in that regard. [..] If you're looking for a true Diablo clone, you might hate Victor Vran. Personally I liked it precisely because it's different.
Ah, thank you.

omega64: I'd recommend VH. [..] Really unbalanced in single player though
Ouch
astroclay: Question for the blues: How come the GOG twitter currently shows Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on sale? As far as I can tell, BG:EE is still full price. Am I missing something?
It's Connect-able (yes, that's a thing now...)!

And also...but keep this between us, it might pop up later down the line ;)
Man alive this has been a great sale. Well done GOG.
astroclay: Question for the blues: How come the GOG twitter currently shows Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on sale? As far as I can tell, BG:EE is still full price. Am I missing something?
mecharma: It's Connect-able (yes, that's a thing now...)!

And also...but keep this between us, it might pop up later down the line ;)
Thanks for the clarification! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sale since I'm still missing some of the other DnD titles!