It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just out of curiosity: how many of the people who are experiencing crashes with Chat are leaving a Chat tab open all the time, and how many just open Chat when they're going to actively use it? I don't generally use Chat very much, so when I do, I just open it to read my unread messages and/or to compose & send messages, then close the tab; however, today I've had the tab open for the better part of an hour at times, and I've still not had it crash my browser.

Just on the off chance it could help someone, I'm in Windows 8.1 using up-to-date Firefox (40.0.3 as of this morning) with the following extensions:
Adblock Plus 2.6.10
gtranslate 0.11.0.1-signed
NoScript 2.6.9.36
Private Tab 0.1.8
Quick Context Search 1.5.2.1-signed
Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.9.6
YouTube High Definition 40.0

EDIT: fixed typo
Post edited August 29, 2015 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: Just out of curiosity: how many of the people who are experiencing crashes with Chat are leaving a Chat tab open all the time, and how many just open Chat when they're going to actively use it? I don't generally use Chat very much, so when I do, I just open it to read my unread messages and/or to compose & send messages, then close the tab; however, today I've had the tab open for the better part of an hour at times, and I've still not had it crash my browser.

Just on the off chance it could helps someone, I'm in Windows 8.1 using up-to-date Firefox (40.0.3 as of this morning) with the following extensions:
Adblock Plus 2.6.10
NoScript 2.6.9.36
Private Tab 0.1.8
thanks hunch! And to answer your question I have had both happen. I've had it crash when I've left it on, and I had it crash when I just opened it and was typing a quick response (to you actually!). I've had the chat open for ten to fifteen minutes talking to people and then it crashed (right after i cleared my cache and made sure I was at 40.0.3).
Crewdroog: thanks hunch! And to answer your question I have had both happen. I've had it crash when I've left it on, and I had it crash when I just opened it and was typing a quick response (to you actually!). I've had the chat open for ten to fifteen minutes talking to people and then it crashed (right after i cleared my cache and made sure I was at 40.0.3).
I'm doing an experiment: I'm gonna try leaving a GOG Chat tab open for as long as my browser is open, see if that makes any difference. (It probably won't. :P )
Crash! Bang! Wallop!
5 times using Chat this morning, until I stopped using it.

It updated to 40.0.3 this morning as well. So, no Chat till it's fixed? By someone?!
I just opened Chat and waited a few minutes (5 max) before it crashes. Will try 40.0.3 and hope it will fix the issue.
MarkoH01: I just opened Chat and waited a few minutes (5 max) before it crashes. Will try 40.0.3 and hope it will fix the issue.
it didn't for me. After about ten minutes it crashed and burned.
I'd had Chat open in a tab for a couple hours, just sitting there idle, then I went away for a while to deal with supper and other things. After coming back and watching a couple brief videos, I left the room briefly to get something, and when I came back to the laptop, I saw Firefox's "Well, this is embarrassing..." crash window in place of the browser window. No guarantee it was GOG's Chat that did it, but it's rather probable.

So begins test #2....
HunchBluntley: Just out of curiosity: how many of the people who are experiencing crashes with Chat are leaving a Chat tab open all the time, and how many just open Chat when they're going to actively use it? I don't generally use Chat very much, so when I do, I just open it to read my unread messages and/or to compose & send messages, then close the tab; however, today I've had the tab open for the better part of an hour at times, and I've still not had it crash my browser.

Just on the off chance it could help someone, I'm in Windows 8.1 using up-to-date Firefox (40.0.3 as of this morning) with the following extensions:
Adblock Plus 2.6.10
NoScript 2.6.9.36
Private Tab 0.1.8

EDIT: fixed typo
Edit: Well after 3 days with no problems with chat after disabling adblock, and posting telling you this, I go on chat just after and get my first crash straight away!!! Looks like I still have the problem.
Post edited August 29, 2015 by mabrookes
Another 2 hours or so with Chat open "in the background", no crash. Hmm.
As <i>ElTerprise</i> and <i>Ganni1987</i> said before, no crashes with FF on Linux.

Has anyone checked the proposed workaround of trying another browser in Windows, not as a permanent solution but until this is fixed, also for diagnostic purposes?
MarkoH01: I just opened Chat and waited a few minutes (5 max) before it crashes. Will try 40.0.3 and hope it will fix the issue.
Crewdroog: it didn't for me. After about ten minutes it crashed and burned.
Same here but it took only 1 minute this time :(
Crewdroog: it didn't for me. After about ten minutes it crashed and burned.
I was definitely wrong about Chat not crashing with Firefox 40.0.3 as it just crashed for me twice in succession while trying to send just a single message. This is getting really ridiculous and GOG needs to do something about this as almost all users using Firefox on Windows are suffering because of this nonsense. Using Galaxy or a different browser is not an acceptable solution or even a different OS like Linux.
I have sent now my second ticket to Gog asking for help with this, plus a link to this thread, since my reply to their generic response to my first ticket went unanswered (I waited!).

GOG RESPOND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST AWARE OF THIS

Edit: i also messaged Judas. While doing so, chat crashed twice. :(
Post edited August 30, 2015 by Crewdroog
It looks to me that Chat crashes on you if it's actually in use, rather than just being idle.
Every time it crashed on me yesterday (5 times) was when I was typing out a message to send or possibly when I was receiving one while I was typing.
Getcomposted: It looks to me that Chat crashes on you if it's actually in use, rather than just being idle.
Every time it crashed on me yesterday (5 times) was when I was typing out a message to send or possibly when I was receiving one while I was typing.
Yes exactly and it is very annoying as one can't even type a single message to send before it crashes again.