It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
Are you still sending out keys, cause i still haven´t gotten mine :(
Quized: Are you still sending out keys, cause i still haven´t gotten mine :(
Destro: Codes wise: although we sent some codes today, and will send more tomorrow to check for any potential networking issues, majority of codes will be sent after our signups conclude and once we have any potential issues ironed out, to try to generate as big stress test as possible... which probably will be after the weekend, not before - be patient please :)
We just have to wait a little longer. :-)
Yep, haven't received mine as well, but they said it might take some time (until Tuesday, I think).
Post edited October 19, 2014 by kojocel
Yep, I`m waiting too, nice too see I´m not alone, since GMG didn`t send me my XCOM Key ^^
Wolferatus: Yep, I`m waiting too, nice too see I´m not alone, since GMG didn`t send me my XCOM Key ^^
Same here.
WeAreNotAlone01: Question was rhetorical so far as "Is there a cost", The point being there is very little cost in sending out a confirmation e-mail and the cost to do so is out weighed in informing the customer a request has processed properly.

Additionally in a case of a screw-up along the line on GOG's part with a confirmation e-mail in hand it would be less stressful to the customer vs "wondering if" GOG would cough up a key in a case of a screw-up.

Regarding seeing a message during a 2nd attempt to register, there was no message that appeared that said "We've got it, and we'll send your code later", only a message saying e-mail already used IIRC. While a tip off the request processed to some degree, such a message is not the same as receiving a confirmation e-mail which confirms your "order", the request has been successfully received and is in process.

As a aside, this thread with it having over 700+ posts indicates a confirmation e-mail with info within it detailing "What the heck is going on" is a "no-brainer", a smart, Common sense thing to do...

ESPECIALLY considering the item it is "rolling out", the GOG GALAXY CLIENT.

On such a piece of software which is oh so important to GOG, GOG cheaping out and not sending a confirmation e-mail with within it a roadmap, a explanation of when persons that signed up would be receiving the keys is bad business.
As I already stated, I agree that a confirmation email is a good idea. I apologize for jumping on your "Is there a cost?" question; I should have realized it was rhetorical. My only excuse, and it is a bad one, is that I was already in a bad mood at the time and I read too much into your post.

As far as a screw-up; even for when GoG isn't actively setting up to test something, most stories I've heard say they've always gone out of their way with service. I would not be entirely surprised if someone didn't sign up at all, contacted support claiming they did, and they get a key (Note: I'm not advocating this course of action).

I focused in on your second email attempt because you said the first one had an error (though when I look back, I can't find any reference to a second signup attempt; did I confuse this with someone else's post?). The combination of "Email already used" and Destro's post...

Destro: There is no confirmation email after signup - you will get an email together with the code (if you're worried if we have your email you can try signing up for the beta again - it will tell you if the email exists).
...tells you that the "Email already used" message says you're in. If you are truly worried, be pro-active and take some screen shots of the process to use as your proof.

As far as using the posts in this thread to indicate things that should be "no-brainers", it seems you've reached very different conclusions than I did. A lot of people aren't reading even the things that stand out (like Destro's post at the top of every page) before they post questions that have been answered (like in Destro's post at the top of every page).

One nit-pick correction: there are only a few functions (auto-update, multiplayer connectivity) of the galaxy client being bundled with an install of the game. The client itself is NOT being rolled out. I haven't even heard a date for a beta of the client being rolled out.

I don't know if you are a programmer; if not, then consider that it might be harder than it sounds to send out a specific date of when a certain person will receive their key (especially if GoG hasn't nailed down the answer to all the variables involved). And woe-betide GoG if they send out a date, then miss it because a problem comes up that needs to be fixed before sending out more keys (like, say, a connectivity issue, which they are using the first few batches of keys to check for). You think the number of posts from people who haven't read Destro's post is high? Try having a "hard" date slip...
GOG.com: Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
Where do I redeem the code?
GOG.com: Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

shaktor10: Where do I redeem the code?
Scroll the site down all the way and click on "redeem code".
Click the code in your mail. It's a link sending you directly to the page where you have to redeem it.
morhlis: I could care less about the game I just want to use Galaxy!
then go ahead and care less
Jinxtah: Should I raise an eyebrow at this, or should I just relax and wait for my, slightly delayed (?) key?
born3088: Just relax :)
They made clear that sending out the keys can take several days, so nothing to worry about
Hmm alright. Few days later and still no code for me.
real.geizterfahr: Click the code in your mail. It's a link sending you directly to the page where you have to redeem it.
how do i get mine still waiting :P
Jinxtah: Hmm alright. Few days later and still no code for me.
On Twitter they wrote that they are overwhelmed by the interest and that it might take until tuesday, but if you are a little bit lucky you might get it tomorrow. https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/523056504614973441
Remember that it is the weekend and almost no one works on saturdays or sundays.
Also, keep in mind that they are doing a test, so there might be a reason why they do not send them out all at once :)

real.geizterfahr: Click the code in your mail. It's a link sending you directly to the page where you have to redeem it.
dj224610: how do i get mine still waiting :P
I guess you will have to wait just a little bit longer( https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/523056504614973441 ), but since you get the game for free it should not be a big deal :)
Post edited October 19, 2014 by born3088
dj224610: how do i get mine still waiting :P
Well...
Destro: although we sent some codes today, and will send more tomorrow to check for any potential networking issues, majority of codes will be sent after our signups conclude and once we have any potential issues ironed out, to try to generate as big stress test as possible... which probably will be after the weekend, not before - be patient please :)
i have two question when will i get my code a been sign up for 2 days and on the first day i sign up for the gog.com galaxy and will we get free games for beta tester other than aliens vs predator P.S will i get mines later because i signed up two days ago