It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
YaTEdiGo: Would be nice to see also here AVP2 and Primal Hunt (Even if Primal Hunt sucks...) , but I guess AVP2 has the same issues as No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 ... so...
opeter1: What issues do you mean?
Rights problems, No One Lives Forever series have publishing rights problems, AVP2 was published also by Vivendi, FOX and Monolyth, so ...
Matruchus: No its not an error. All gift codes are valid for one year unless stated otherweise.
Well, then what's stopping one from "hoarding" gift codes (just set-up a ton of email addresses and use them to get a gift code for each) and then put the codes on the market after these 2 days when the game will be selling for 5.99usd regular?
Or am I missing something?
Nice! Can't wait to get my beta invite :)
Yeah! Can't wait to try it out :)
born3088: My best guess is that the savegames are saved in the steam cloud

Have you tried searching for a complete savegame on the Internet? Sometimes you are able to find some
YaTEdiGo: Yes, the point is I installed the savegames without any result, because the recommended folder to do it doesnt exist on my STEAM version :///
Mabe this helps?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?s=4dba104ff2da085d40aa57c2c2a1867d&p=16040118&postcount=108
Nice! Looking forward to playing some AvP, and testing out the multiplayer with Galaxy. Thanks for the freebie GOG and Rebellion! :)
What is the average wait time for the AvP code? For those who have already received it, how many hours did you have to wait?
high rated
HG1995: How long does it take to get a conformation email after sign up?
Signed up 4 - 5 hours ago.
There is no confirmation email after signup - you will get an email together with the code (if you're worried if we have your email you can try signing up for the beta again - it will tell you if the email exists).

Codes wise: although we sent some codes today, and will send more tomorrow to check for any potential networking issues, majority of codes will be sent after our signups conclude and once we have any potential issues ironed out, to try to generate as big stress test as possible... which probably will be after the weekend, not before - be patient please :)
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
Ixamyakxim: And what am I signing up for when I go to the page to sign up for AvP? Any additional terms of service or anything anywhere?
Erich_Zann: GOG is allowed to kick you out of your flat and move its employees there. Also, you might have to play only Polygon-approved videogames until you commit suicide out of sheer boredom.
I won't lie, that part made me laugh. :D
Nice, applied with the same mail, playable multiplayer through Galaxy is good, but training before that in single player campaign that works is even better. ;-)
Destro: There is no confirmation email after signup - you will get an email together with the code (if you're worried if we have your email you can try signing up for the beta again - it will tell you if the email exists).

Codes wise: although we sent some codes today, and will send more tomorrow to check for any potential networking issues, majority of codes will be sent after our signups conclude and once we have any potential issues ironed out, to try to generate as big stress test as possible... which probably will be after the weekend, not before - be patient please :)
Aww, so does that mean no more emailed codes for today?
I must say, your timing is impeccable as I just yesterday started replaying AvP2. That's great release. And even though I don't give two shits about Galaxy I will take part in those tests. I can think of worse things to do for awesome free game than playing multiplayer of an awesome game...

But seriously though. We need AvP2 here. Those amazing eyes graphics...
Matruchus: No its not an error. All gift codes are valid for one year unless stated otherweise.
mobutu: Well, then what's stopping one from "hoarding" gift codes (just set-up a ton of email addresses and use them to get a gift code for each) and then put the codes on the market after these 2 days when the game will be selling for 5.99usd regular?
Or am I missing something?
Nothing is stopping a reseller except the reseller's patience, that I'm aware of. If GoG starts seeing a massive outpouring of new accounts that only have this code and never do anything else, they might take action. Then again, maybe not; an alternate explanation for the scenario I just outlined is that lots of people hear about the giveaway, download the game, then go away. *Shrug*

I've heard of accounts being banned when someone is actually caught re-selling keys. So if a person is obvious about it, the person might suffer that.

GoG makes a lot of use of the honor system, and that seems to have worked for them so far.

EDIT: This information is incorrect on two counts: it was only a forum posting ban because of a specific offense, and this has only occurred to one account that I'm aware of.
Post edited October 15, 2014 by Bookwyrm627
high rated
Paul31286: I just played the game online for a while, it seems to work fine. I kept getting killed by the aliens on the server though. :D

What I don't like is that the Galaxy client automatically installs itself to "C:\Program files\GalaxyClient", without an option to change the install folder.

And for some reason, the GOG Launcher kept minimizing the game. Minimizing the launcher fixed this problem though.
Proper Galaxy Client is not part of this test - there is a process called like that which comes from the yet-to-be-released Client and is bundled with this game to provide you with auto updating - it was a must to test multiplayer correctly and provide patches quickly.

Once the Client is available, we're not planning on installing it automatically with games bought on GOG - it will be an optional download.
Post edited October 15, 2014 by Destro
Destro: There is no confirmation email after signup - you will get an email together with the code (if you're worried if we have your email you can try signing up for the beta again - it will tell you if the email exists).

IronArcturus: Aww, so does that mean no more emailed codes for today?
Pretty much. When you're testing a system, you want LOTS of control about what is being done with it.