It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
Cool. It may look dated, but I don't doubt that some of those marine levels will still make me shit my pants. Them damn xenomorphs can be mighty vicious. That's before the predators even enter the mix. I don't think I've actually ever beaten single player. It ain't that easy.

I do remember the game making excellent use of (destructable) lighting. It's a shame something like that hasn't caught on much. It can very much make for a tense experience when fumbling in the dark because your marine was trigger happy.

After looking at the game card, I don't actually remember this game having a skirmish/"horde" mode. Nifty. I must have played an older version of the game in the past. I'm very much looking forward to giving this a (lot of) whirl in multi. I remember having very good times with that feature back when. The different playstyles of marine, alien, and predator were pretty much perfectly balanced.

Yup, I'm very much hoping I'll get that key sooner than later. ;) So, thank you very much, GOG! This is very much a great surprise.
Paul31286: What I don't like is that the Galaxy client automatically installs itself to "C:\Program files\GalaxyClient", without an option to change the install folder.

And for some reason, the GOG Launcher kept minimizing the game. Minimizing the launcher fixed this problem though.
I would also appreciate the ability to choose the install path for Galaxy, please add this feature. ^_^

And on that note, a question:
Where can I download Galaxy? I haven't spotted the a download link in the http://www.gog.com/galaxy section of GOG.

"Optional Client" Love that! ^_^
DProject: Apparently, the codes given are valid until Oct 17 2015. At least mine was.
mobutu: Oh, I didn't even looked at the year, logically i automatically assumed it's 2014.
Maybe 2015 is a mistake from gog?
No its not an error. All gift codes are valid for one year unless stated otherweise.
Post edited October 15, 2014 by Matruchus
SpellSword: I would also appreciate the ability to choose the install path for Galaxy, please add this feature. ^_^

And on that note, a question:
Where can I download Galaxy? I haven't spotted the a download link in the http://www.gog.com/galaxy section of GOG.

"Optional Client" Love that! ^_^
I think it's safe to assume that you will be able to change the install folder when the client has actually been released. This is just a beta test after all.

You have to sign up for the Aliens vs. Predator beta. The Galaxy client comes with the game.
dear gog, well thats at least some something for blade removal
Matruchus: No its not an error. All promotional gift codes are valid for one year unless stated otherweise.
Fixed that for you. ;)
SpellSword: And on that note, a question:
You won't be able to do that separately until GOG deems Galaxy fully ready for release, which may still be a while. That's one of the reasons they're doing this: to test their back-end.

That said, I ain't saying no to an awesome FPS now with again functional multiplayer built in. :)
Bookwyrm627: Not necessarily. If they own the license, I think they can pick and choose what to allow to be re-released. And if no one asked about AvP 2, then no one got an "Okay, go ahead".
yyahoo: But why allow one and not the other? I can't think of a logical reason myself.

I don't think it's stretching things say that Rebellion has the rights straightened out to release the AvP property games that they themselves developed.

The issue isn't the AvP intellectual property rights as much as who owns the rights to the actual *game* AvP 2 since Rebellion didn't develop it, Monolith did, published by Fox, purchased by Vivendi, purchased by Activision, split from Activision, leaves us???
That's the thing, there might not be a logical reason that's apparent from the outside. For that matter, there might not be a logical reason at all. For all I know, the final guy that needs to put his signature down is going "No, screw that and screw them. I hate that game and want it out of circulation forever."

Perhaps the licensing rights for one title need to be signed off on by one division, while the licensing rights for the other title need to be signed off on by a different division of the same company, and the other division is dragging its feet.

Then again, maybe nobody cares whether it it re-released or not, and some diligent soul just has to figure out what signatures are needed, then walk around and get them all.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm only saying that just because the licensing was granted for one game does NOT necessarily mean it is granted for another game in the same franchise. I'm not familiar with these games; perhaps one installment went in some direction the company wants to explore in the future, while the other game's ideas have already been mined for now.
So two questions now that people have this and it's installed and whatnot.

Is it possible to delete Galaxy afterward (I plan on testing the multiplayer a bit - it's the least I can do for a fun gift, but after I'm done with that I'd rather not have a Beta Galaxy installed). And what am I signing up for when I go to the page to sign up for AvP? Any additional terms of service or anything anywhere?
Paul31286: ...
mistermumbles: ...
Thanks for the info! ^_^
IronArcturus: So there's no Options menu in the installer to tell it to install GOG Galaxy to a different location?
Paul31286: You can change the install folder for the game, but not for the Galaxy client.
I wonder if that will be fixed in future versions. It doesn't make any sense that it doesn't allow the user to choose a different folder.
I just signed up even though I don't do multiplayer. I might try Galaxy but I don't promise anything.
Anyone know when the next batch of keys will be given out? I see that some people have the game already.
Ixamyakxim: And what am I signing up for when I go to the page to sign up for AvP? Any additional terms of service or anything anywhere?
GOG is allowed to kick you out of your flat and move its employees there. Also, you might have to play only Polygon-approved videogames until you commit suicide out of sheer boredom.
fossilfern: Anyone know when the next batch of keys will be given out? I see that some people have the game already.
Yeah, we want to play the game!