It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone know off-hand if xbox360 controllers work with a Nexus7? I hadn't thought about that before for some reason, but if it works easily without jailbreaking it would add a whole new dimension to the gaming functionality of my tablet.
the.kuribo: Does anyone know off-hand if xbox360 controllers work with a Nexus7? I hadn't thought about that before for some reason, but if it works easily without jailbreaking it would add a whole new dimension to the gaming functionality of my tablet.
my guess is no but it being a tablet it could use a bluetooth controller
the.kuribo: Does anyone know off-hand if xbox360 controllers work with a Nexus7? I hadn't thought about that before for some reason, but if it works easily without jailbreaking it would add a whole new dimension to the gaming functionality of my tablet.
Aparently, yes.
cecil: my guess is no but it being a tablet it could use a bluetooth controller
Bluetooth would be cool too, actually maybe even better 'cause I also have some PS3 controllers I could use with it and it wouldn't require connecting the dongle. I just assumed though that since Sony has not cared to make a driver for Windows to officially support their controllers that a native, reliable, non-adware infested driver probably doesn't exist for Android either... but I do hope I'm wrong!
Cyraxpt: Aparently, yes.
Nice! I don't know why I didn't think of trying it before... I guess it's just tablet/mobile mentality or something.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by the.kuribo
the.kuribo: Bluetooth would be cool too, actually maybe even better 'cause I also have some PS3 controllers I could use with it and it wouldn't require connecting the dongle. I just assumed though that since Sony has not cared to make a driver for Windows to officially support their controllers that a native, reliable, non-adware infested driver probably doesn't exist for Android either... but I do hope I'm wrong!
For what i've seen you need the device to be rooted, apparently the dualshock 4 works but i never managed to make it work, it always get stuck on pairing.
the.kuribo: Bluetooth would be cool too, actually maybe even better 'cause I also have some PS3 controllers I could use with it and it wouldn't require connecting the dongle. I just assumed though that since Sony has not cared to make a driver for Windows to officially support their controllers that a native, reliable, non-adware infested driver probably doesn't exist for Android either... but I do hope I'm wrong!
Cyraxpt: For what i've seen you need the device to be rooted, apparently the dualshock 4 works but i never managed to make it work, it always get stuck on pairing.
Ah, sounds like a bit of a PITA, kind of what I expected with Sony. Guess I'll stick with the 360 controllers and pick up a USB OTG adapter today. :)
cecil: my guess is no but it being a tablet it could use a bluetooth controller
Cyraxpt: Aparently, yes.
the.kuribo: Nice! I don't know why I didn't think of trying it before... I guess it's just tablet/mobile mentality or something.
PS3 controller on Mac is a pain in the... to the point I'm debating getting a xbox 360/one controller to use.

Nice! I don't know why I didn't think of trying it before... I guess it's just tablet/mobile mentality or something.
cecil: PS3 controller on Mac is a pain in the... to the point I'm debating getting a xbox 360/one controller to use.
Actually I got this setup running with my nexus7 and a ps3 controller. Works quite nicely, but you have root your nexus (which is easy) and you have to use a pc (linux or win) only once to pair the controller with the app I'm using (Sixaxis Controller). After that it works every time until you pair it with a ps3 again. (then you'd have to repair (hehe re-pair) it using a pc again)

Also not all apps know how to use a controller, apparently they have to be able to understand keyboard controls for the controller to work (guess the buttons get mapped to keyboard presses) Works perfect for emulators for instance.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by mchack
Indie Game Stand PWYW deal
Luxuria Superbia a very arty and pretty looking "game"
Win/Mac/Linux/Android DRM Free
$1.00 for Steam Key
BTA for the cosmos and the cave prototype (Win/Mac)
GMG Summer Sale Encore. All the deals are back for 48 hours. Stuff they ran out of has had the keys replenished but there's limited stock on certain titles.

The Elder Scrolls Online is apparently now restricted to one copy per account after someone bought 200+ copies. Wow.

Don't forget to use coupon GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF for an extra 20% off.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by ABH20
I have a 10" Android tablet that I've used with both a wired XBox 360 controller and a wired iBuffalo USB SNES controller. Both work fine connected with an OTG cable. The iBuffalo controller in particular is really nice for using with NES and SNES emulators and ROMs.

No rooting required.
Hi everybody.

There's a new Groupees bundle available for pre-order. No games, only music, so maybe not appropriate for this thread, but I thought it should be posted here anyway.

Apparently it's been curated by some random moron.

Might still be worth checking out, though.
yogsloth: Hi everybody.

There's a new Groupees bundle available for pre-order. No games, only music, so maybe not appropriate for this thread, but I thought it should be posted here anyway.

Apparently it's been curated by some random moron.

Might still be worth checking out, though.
Is this gonna be actual metal or that stuff with poodle perms?! O_____o
It's a group of bands that I am personally passionate about. Every single band in there is one that I love to the core of my solid metal soul.
<span class="bold">Humble Jumbo Bundle 4</span>

$1
Outland - Special Edition (Also for Mac and Linux)
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Mercenary Kings (Also for Mac and Linux)

BTA
Endless Space® - Emperor Edition (Also for Mac)
The Stanley Parable (Also for Mac)
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II (Also for Mac)

$18
Space Engineers (Early Access)

All games are Steam-only. Includes soundtracks for Mercenary Kings, Outland, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II and The Stanley Parable.
Post edited July 21, 2015 by Grargar