It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know Call of Juarez: The Cartel is not worth even $5, yet still I am tempted.
Anyone got a bunch of casual or cheap games <$5 they would recommend (steam or no steam) from the Amazon sale? (preferably not adventure/hidden object ones)
nijuu: Im not sure it will drop any lower right now. The game is very popular & generally holds its price better than many other games (excluding activision )
keeveek: I know, I know. But as I've said, FM2012 last march was 6 bucks on Amazon, so I still have hope...

I spent over 100 hours very fast in FM2012, so you could say its fair price to give 15 bucks for that, but I don't have that kind of money and I won't have anytime soon, so you know.

Still waiting for a $6 miracle :D Maybe they will do that just before Fm2014 comes out?
Wait until they release the final patch including January transfer. I think last year they started giving good discount sometime after that. (Though I am never patience enough to wait for that.......)
Just saw new Painkiller HD DLC on Steam which feature couple of map from the original 2003 game which is not included in the base game. Hmmm... are they gonna start milking the game with HD maps and weapon remakes?
If you bought Kentucky Route Zero not-on-Steam and you have you Humble Bundle link, you now have a Steam key too.
StingingVelvet: I know Call of Juarez: The Cartel is not worth even $5, yet still I am tempted.
It happens to the best of us. I'd say allow yourself a little guilty pleasure now and then. It doesn't take too long to have five bucks worth of fun, even if it is because you wind up laughing at how bad a game is.
DRM Free Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams on Amazon for 5 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Giana-Sisters-Twisted-Dreams-Download/dp/B00B2CY948/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames-download&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1361682815&amp;sr=1-5
chezybezy: GameFly.co.uk:

Lego Game Deals:

LEGO: The Lord of the Rings - £6.25
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - £4.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - £2.49
LEGO Batman: The Videogame - £2.49
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - £6.25
Thanks mate! Finally able to buy LEGO: LOTR without any regional crap getting in the way of purchasing. Awesome!!
StingingVelvet: I know Call of Juarez: The Cartel is not worth even $5, yet still I am tempted.
dirtyharry50: It happens to the best of us. I'd say allow yourself a little guilty pleasure now and then. It doesn't take too long to have five bucks worth of fun, even if it is because you wind up laughing at how bad a game is.
... the problem is more coming from the repeated self-slapping your face while yelling "DAMN, you KNEW IT!" afterwards....
chezybezy: GameFly.co.uk:

Lego Game Deals:

LEGO: The Lord of the Rings - £6.25
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - £4.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - £2.49
LEGO Batman: The Videogame - £2.49
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - £6.25
Steam or non-Steam ?
dirtyharry50: It happens to the best of us. I'd say allow yourself a little guilty pleasure now and then. It doesn't take too long to have five bucks worth of fun, even if it is because you wind up laughing at how bad a game is.
Siannah: ... the problem is more coming from the repeated self-slapping your face while yelling "DAMN, you KNEW IT!" afterwards....
The problem is that 2 crappy games for $5 is $10, which is enough to BTA of most good bundles. 4 crappy $5 games is a $20 which is enough for a decent indie on the release day.
PandaLiang: Wait until they release the final patch including January transfer. I think last year they started giving good discount sometime after that. (Though I am never patience enough to wait for that.......)
Yup, that's true. That big discount on FM12 I am talking about was given directly after the winter transfer update :-)

I wouldn't wait normally, but right now, 15 bucks is my half-week's money to survive :P
Post edited February 24, 2013 by keeveek
ne_zavarj: Steam or non-Steam ?
Only LEGO: LotR is Steam redeemable.
GamersGate's Daily Deal is Game of Thrones for 22.50€ (50% off). I know nothing about the game, so I can't tell whether that's a good deal.
dyscode:
Afterfall: Insanity Extended Edition
$10 -50% on Steam
like a melee version of Dead Space 1. There are some guns to help you out but are never enough to survive.
A bit short, a bit linear but man this one has some psycho whacked stuff to show off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224420/
Does the extended version still have abysmal animations(not just laughably bad, but down right painful to watch :O) and &@#! unskippable quick time event scenes? Oh and the checkpoint system, GOD NO.

As a fan project i expected a low budget shooter with nice ideas and original story. Well the story is interesting(with lots of plot holes), but it felt like a mediocre console shooter with ok graphics(i was pleasantly surprised) and sound, but with total linearity and repeating level design, repetitive enemy encounters, and simply stupid game design choices(QTE and checkpoints mostly).