It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IronStar: I bought a knockoff PS2 controller. I still couldn't get it o work. I got quite pissed off about that. It seems that they rebinded it to xbox controller for windows, and I nether can nor want to buy that too.

On completely unrelated note, I have to buy another PS2 controller too, as guy who had PS2 before me kept it packed for quite a long time and both controllers are loosing contact with console. It's a shame really as entire thing is in pristine condition.
gameon: Is that with a pc controller adaptor? I have 3 PS2 controllers spare (well actually one is for PS1, lol) and they worked with The Last Remnant. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.
Nope, Chinese copy. Completely same look and buttons (well, cheaper feel) as PS2 one, with USB connector.

If I can recall correctly you sold your PS2. How about selling me one of spare controllers? I'm not sure how much shipping would be though.
IronStar: If I can recall correctly you sold your PS2. How about selling me one of spare controllers? I'm not sure how much shipping would be though.
I sold my PS2 that is correct. I still use 2 for PC games that have that option.

Well i would have thought it would cost a bit to send to serbia. How come you have trouble getting an official controller?
gameon:
IronStar: Also, there is problem with graphic scaling. As it can't run in full HD on my rig, I had to fall back to 1280x720. And then it looked beyond awful. Scaling engine is... Also, I couldn't get it to work properly with my controller (and I bought the damn thing to play it) so I just gave up. Maybe I fire it up again once I buy new computer...
I played a bit of it recently using an "Xbox 360 for Windows" wireless USB controller. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with TLR using it. Found it on sale on Amazon for maybe $35, well worth it for a PC gamepad.
IronStar: If I can recall correctly you sold your PS2. How about selling me one of spare controllers? I'm not sure how much shipping would be though.
gameon: I sold my PS2 that is correct. I still use 2 for PC games that have that option.

Well i would have thought it would cost a bit to send to serbia. How come you have trouble getting an official controller?
I paid entire thing 40E. Paying another 20+E for official controller is an overkill IMO. I guess Chinese one with casing from original ones will have to do.
CymTyr: I don't know, I didn't find TLR that bad, it's a typical jrpg.
gameon: In terms of battle system, it's good. The graphics and music are decent also. The biggest problem with it was that the level system is ridiculous, and boss fights near the end are pretty much impossible. I had to use a trainer to complete the game.
It's simply an odd duck of a game, sorta like Etherlords, even if you don't go for that sort of thing, it's worth playing for a little bit anyway, just to try it.
Hawk52: But it suffers from your typical jRPG traps. A linear story with little to no interaction, fluff in the gameplay that adds nothing, and the old "have to talk to this one specific person in the entire world to advance the plot" shenanigans.
You also just perfectly described Blue Dragon. Fun game, btw, not hard but fun, you can get it for 2-5 bucks for XBox 360 if you have one.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by orcishgamer
IronStar: I paid entire thing 40E. Paying another 20+E for official controller is an overkill IMO. I guess Chinese one with casing from original ones will have to do.
For PS2 controllers!? You do know that they can be bought used right? 40 euros is around 30 pounds isn't it?
IronStar: I paid entire thing 40E. Paying another 20+E for official controller is an overkill IMO. I guess Chinese one with casing from original ones will have to do.
gameon: For PS2 controllers!? You do know that they can be bought used right? 40 euros is around 30 pounds isn't it?
I want one of the wireless ones which Logitech quit making. I saw a sale on them on Amazon once, I didn't realize they were liquidating the remaining supply, no one has them now, not even Logitech (well I haven't called them, I suppose I could).

I love my PS2 and still have games I want to play, my damned cord just happens to be a pain.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I love my PS2 and still have games I want to play, my damned cord just happens to be a pain.
I knew a guy who had a ps2 to gamecube adaptor (or vice versa, i can't quite remember) So maybe take a look online for a different controller adaptor for use with the ps2. You might even find an old PS1 analog controller that is compatible with a lot of PS2 games.
gameon: For PS2 controllers!? You do know that they can be bought used right? 40 euros is around 30 pounds isn't it?
Not in here. At least not that I know where could I find used ones. I just checked one of Chinese wholesale sites it's 8$ there. I'll probably go with that.
40E=32 pounds, and I got console with modchip (nowhere to find legal PS2 games, everyone played copies since it came out) and 2 official controllers. Everything was in pristine condition, except obviously controllers that have f*d up cords as they were put aside for quite some time.
orcishgamer: *snip*
Look here ;)
tinydeal.com/24ghz-analog-controller-wireless-controller-for-ps2ps1-p-65152.html

For the record, I don't have it, but everything I bought off that site was good enough.Just make sure you have tracking number. It's few $ extra and it's worth it.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by IronStar
Desura has Inquisitor for 75% of right now, in case someone is still looking for that:
http://www.desura.com/games/inquisitor
Robette: Desura has Inquisitor for 75% of right now, in case someone is still looking for that:
http://www.desura.com/games/inquisitor
Totally worth it at this price. Get it.
Hawk52: Exact opposite from my experiences. You want to rack up the most links you can in a given area, and then make sure you're doing attacks that generate stats and new arts. Get up to 100+ links in an area, and you can gain all kinds of abilities.
It is a bad idea to chain even moreso if you want to beat secret bosses. Did you see The Fallen, The Enlightened 7 ? Chaining like crazy makes shure bosses skyrocket their level and even finishing story mode is a challenge.
Hawk52: Exact opposite from my experiences. You want to rack up the most links you can in a given area, and then make sure you're doing attacks that generate stats and new arts. Get up to 100+ links in an area, and you can gain all kinds of abilities.
BlackDawn: It is a bad idea to chain even moreso if you want to beat secret bosses. Did you see The Fallen, The Enlightened 7 ? Chaining like crazy makes shure bosses skyrocket their level and even finishing story mode is a challenge.
Again, I've had the exact opposite experience. You only gain BR reliably from new areas and tougher enemies. Chaining against lower leveled enemies (such as when doing a side quest) rarely gets you any BR at all, instead the chains give you massive stat and art improvements. BR has nothing to do with the stats of the characters, it just determines how the game reacts to you.

If anyone's played the 360 copy of TLR you should look at this: http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions
Alfie3000: Matrix Games still has up to 35% off certain games until the 14th of January! (Incase you missed it the first time)
johnki: I've been eyeing War In the Pacific (probably the non-Admiral's Edition...maybe I would get the AE. I dunno. It's interesting but expensive as hell. :/), Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge, Carriers at War, Forge of Fredom, and Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue...trying to choose just one.

I was also interested in Panzer Corps, but I'm not sure how complex that one is. Trying to find one that's nice and complex while being accessible.

I think right now Command Ops and Forge of Freedom are the ones I'm most interested in. WitP is a close third but it just looks...too expansive. After Tigers Unleashed, where I had to go through a 7 step process just to move, I'm a bit wary of overly complex games.
WiTP might be the biggest strategy game ever made. I don't own it...Hell, I'm scared of it...but I did a lot of research in to it at one time. This is a game where you'll spend a weekend making your opening turn moves. It will literally take you a calendar year to finish a game.

The Command Ops games are really good...the AI is smart and vicious. I haven't played Forge of Freedom, but I liked another game by the same dev (Crown of Glory), and I belive there are so similarities in terms of game style and UI.
http://www.desura.com/games/numen-contest-of-heroes

Numen 2€