It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

racerboi101: -snip-
When does the 25% off Football Manager 2013 end?
nijuu: U would think other bundles would learn something from HIB (THQ deal aside) and pick games that actually are popular or stuff many people wouldn't have. Having said that... Indiegala seem's to try to flog el cheapo games and make you pay above average to get the good stuff :/
dyscode: Totally, that`s why I dig Bundle In a Box so much. The freshest Bundle around.
But still, $6 for Deponia sounds like the cheapest deal for it, up to date. ;)
Don't you think they'd love to pick the real blockbuster indie games? They'd probably love to do so but the reality is:

You sell your game in a bundle other than Humble Bundle (doesn't matter which one) and you'll probably make an average of about $5,000 (sometimes more, somtimes less), that can be decent amount for a starving developer of a low selling indie game or an old game where it's just some additional longtail income, but it's not the numbers you can impress a team who made a high quality and great selling game.

On the other side there's Humble Bundle, almost a sure bet for more than $100,000. It depends on the bundle and how the users split their payment but I'd guess chances are more in the range of $200-250k. That's quite some money even for a decent selling game after a few months.

I know it's a typical chicken/egg problem, but Humble Bundle simply was too successful right from the start and immediately established itself as a brand and THE indie bundle.
Of course they offer the best service/plattform support but again, it's the same issue - as a developer it's easy to invest some additional $10,000 for Linux/Mac ports if you know you'll still make a decent profit - but it's hardly worth to even think about it, for any of the other bundles.

Ah to not be completely OT :-)

Deus Ex GotY Edition on GMG (2,99€ and they still have an additional 20% key on their frontpage)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/de/pc/games/action/deus-ex-game-of-the-year-edition/
Post edited January 09, 2013 by Nelvin
dyscode: Totally, that`s why I dig Bundle In a Box so much. The freshest Bundle around.
But still, $6 for Deponia sounds like the cheapest deal for it, up to date. ;)
Nelvin: Don't you think they'd love to pick the real blockbuster indie games? They'd probably love to do so but the reality is:
We, or at least I am not talking about blockbusters. That`s exactly the point.
If that was true, why are there so many 'real' Indie Game Sales coming up with tons of fresh games,
like Indie Game Stand, Bundle In A Box, Groupees or GamersGate IndieForte, where the promotion of quality, not so known Indie titles is still 1st priority? Even IndieGala had some really fresh Sales going on outside their Bundles.
Instead, Royal and Humble get more and more boring by passing around the same old s... stuff that has been on sale every 2 months since the very beginning.

BTT...

Tagimoto
is on 66% Sale for $1.02 on Desura for 113hours more.
http://www.desura.com/games/tagimoto
Just check out the video and tell me this is not adorable!

And
Lylian: Paranoid Friendship $2.49, -50%
http://www.desura.com/games/lylian-paranoid-friendship

*Edited*
Post edited January 09, 2013 by dyscode
Nelvin: Don't you think they'd love to pick the real blockbuster indie games? They'd probably love to do so but the reality is:
dyscode: We, or at least I am not talking about blockbusters. That`s exactly the point.
If that was true, why are there so many 'real' Indie Game Sales coming up with tons of fresh games,
like Indie Game Stand, Bundle In A Box, Groupees or GamersGate IndieForte, where the promotion of quality, not so known Indie titles is still 1st priority? Even IndieGala had some really fresh Sales going on outside their Bundles.
Instead, Royal and Humble get more and more boring by passing around the same old s... stuff that has been on sale every 2 months since the very beginning.
Sorry I accidently misquoted you, my reply was actually meant for nijuu.
dyscode: We, or at least I am not talking about blockbusters. That`s exactly the point.
Nelvin: Sorry I accidently misquoted you, my reply was actually meant for nijuu.
No problem. Actually thanks to you, for giving my the opportunity to voice my view on that topic ;)
yeah, misquoting happens a lot.
Matrix Games still has up to 35% off certain games until the 14th of January! (Incase you missed it the first time)

[url= http://matrixgames.com/news/982/Matrix.Games.Holiday.Sale.is.Here! ] http://matrixgames.com/news/982/Matrix.Games.Holiday.Sale.is.Here! [/url]

I'm eyeing up the Close Combat games, particularly Last Stand Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) or The Longest Day (Invasion Normandy) are they any good?
Alfie3000: Matrix Games still has up to 35% off certain games until the 14th of January! (Incase you missed it the first time)
I've been eyeing War In the Pacific (probably the non-Admiral's Edition...maybe I would get the AE. I dunno. It's interesting but expensive as hell. :/), Command Ops: Battles From the Bulge, Carriers at War, Forge of Fredom, and Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue...trying to choose just one.

I was also interested in Panzer Corps, but I'm not sure how complex that one is. Trying to find one that's nice and complex while being accessible.

I think right now Command Ops and Forge of Freedom are the ones I'm most interested in. WitP is a close third but it just looks...too expansive. After Tigers Unleashed, where I had to go through a 7 step process just to move, I'm a bit wary of overly complex games.
The Last Remnant $3.75 on GG

I am very tempted even though its a Steam Game.

- Oh well that's only a buck more than a cup of coffee
Post edited January 10, 2013 by Lou
Lou: The Last Remnant $3.75 on GG

I highly recommend it for people who like Final Fantasy series (esp FF10 & FF10-2) and Monster Hunter. I got this game years ago and enjoy it very much (though not major purpose of game play but I like collect those rare monster...) I find the game less fun if you just go straight in the storyline and ignore the guild/side quests. For people who don't like command based RPG / JRPG...it may not be that enjoyable...

You guys have cheap coffee...
Anyway, the game has a pretty odd scaling system, which actually punishes you for grinding. So keep that in mind when playing the game.

AFnord: You guys have cheap coffee...
Anyway, the game has a pretty odd scaling system, which actually punishes you for grinding. So keep that in mind when playing the game.
Didn't notice that. If you don't grind, then the bosses will be too tough to beat.

Exact opposite from my experiences. You want to rack up the most links you can in a given area, and then make sure you're doing attacks that generate stats and new arts. Get up to 100+ links in an area, and you can gain all kinds of abilities.

I think I read that on the 360 the system was different, but the PC release is all I have experience with.
AzureKite: Didn't notice that. If you don't grind, then the bosses will be too tough to beat.
It is your Battle Rank that determines the power of the enemies that you face. Battle rank is gained through fighting (there is apparently quite a complex system behind it all, but I don't know the details), and it is quite possible to increase your Battle Rank by a whole lot through fighting weaker enemies that don't give you a whole lot of exp, which in turn will make later encounters a nightmare. Apparently it is quite possible to get into an unwinnable state where bosses quite simply are too hard for you to beat if you grind too much, though if you play in a sensible and non-grindy way, that should not be very likely.

Last Remnant is very worth the money if you enjoy jRPG's at all.

It has a very unique turn based battle system that plays out almost like a strategy battle. It's a very fun system when you figure it out and it rewards strategy to some extent. Additionally, every hero in your army are made into units with each other, so you have to think on a "union" and "person" level when developing skills. Your main character; Rush, is not type cast into any one role, nor is any other hero you recruit. Some are more geared to certain styles, but with enough effort you can teach just about anyone any role...for the cost of specialization, of course.

But it suffers from your typical jRPG traps. A linear story with little to no interaction, fluff in the gameplay that adds nothing, and the old "have to talk to this one specific person in the entire world to advance the plot" shenanigans.
AzureKite: Didn't notice that. If you don't grind, then the bosses will be too tough to beat.
AFnord: It is your Battle Rank that determines the power of the enemies that you face. Battle rank is gained through fighting (there is apparently quite a complex system behind it all, but I don't know the details), and it is quite possible to increase your Battle Rank by a whole lot through fighting weaker enemies that don't give you a whole lot of exp, which in turn will make later encounters a nightmare. Apparently it is quite possible to get into an unwinnable state where bosses quite simply are too hard for you to beat if you grind too much, though if you play in a sensible and non-grindy way, that should not be very likely.
PC version doesn't work that way to my experience. It did on consoles I think, but they changed up a lot of things for the PC copy.

You get BR from harder enemies/boss type monsters. You can occasionally get BR from grinding lower level enemies but it's rare. But by grinding lower level enemies, you gain more arts and skills through links. Higher the link, the more skills you get. You can't do it against enemies your level generally due to them being too tough for you to fight multiple groups chained at once.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by Hawk52
AFnord: Anyway, the game has a pretty odd scaling system, which actually punishes you for grinding. So keep that in mind when playing the game.
A JRPG that punishes grinding? One would think that to be an oxymoron. Except for Final Fantasy 8 that is...