It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heretic777: Steam hidden gems:

1. Alpha Prime = $1.25
2. Silverfall Complete = $3.75
dyscode: Alpha Prime is not a gem! Even at that price-
It's the same corridors and enemies until the end the last level which takes you outside Mars to drive around with a buggy is the only fun level in the hole game and then you have a totally unmotivated boss fight.
It doesn't even have the nice flora of Chrome.
Screenshots look great and very good player reviews on Amazon and Steam. I will definitely buy it. Should run smooth on my laptop.
Heretic777: Indie Gala Sim is doing really bad. They only got $8k so far. The reason Indie Gala has been popular is because of cheap Steam keys, so people can trade. They are shooting themselves in the foot.
IronStar: Or it's just the sim games aren't too popular? Only one I find even remotely interesting is Euro Truck Simulator.
I think there's a certain type of person who are into the sims they are offerring......very niche offerrings..
Heretic777: Steam hidden gems:

1. Alpha Prime = $1.25
2. Silverfall Complete = $3.75
It's the same corridors and enemies until the end the last level which takes you outside Mars to drive around with a buggy is the only fun level in the hole game and then you have a totally unmotivated boss fight.
+1 Played it. Got really bored of it very quick.....
Post edited November 24, 2012 by nijuu
Heretic777: Indie Gala Sim is doing really bad. They only got $8k so far. The reason Indie Gala has been popular is because of cheap Steam keys, so people can trade. They are shooting themselves in the foot.
IronStar: Or it's just the sim games aren't too popular? Only one I find even remotely interesting is Euro Truck Simulator.
Simulation games can do well, the problem is the ones they chose are some of the more crappy ones out that=) ETS is not bad, but if you are looking for a game like that you probably already purchased the new version that just came out. I am actually surprised they have sold 2700+ copies so far.

When it looked like a flop they should either have really gone out and got a decent simulator game to throw into the package or found something to throw in to spark some purchases. Utter crap at the moment.
Come on the recent slection of games is totally SH**!
I wasn't impressed with the last 2 indiegalas either (matter of taste).
But indieroyal and humble took also a steep fall from awesomeness, IMHO.
It has nothing to do with the concept itself.

I stopped buying most of them, nothing that I don't already have.
Post edited November 24, 2012 by dyscode
They need to start doing AAA gala's=) There are only soo many indie games the majority of people are going to buy.

*grins*
nijuu: I think there's a certain type of person who are into the sims they are offerring......very niche offerrings..
nijuu: +1 Played it. Got really bored of it very quick.....
IMHO, among those cheap $2 FPS, Chaser is the most memorably, which doesn't mean a lot in inself. Chaser has his own problems, like AI or stretches or lack of enemies and some people really hate the ending but at least it takes you through a truckload of different locations and variation gameplay situtations.
I wouldn't play Alpha or Chrome a second time, Chaser, maybe.
misfire200: Simulation games can do well, the problem is the ones they chose are some of the more crappy ones out that=) ETS is not bad, but if you are looking for a game like that you probably already purchased the new version that just came out. I am actually surprised they have sold 2700+ copies so far.

When it looked like a flop they should either have really gone out and got a decent simulator game to throw into the package or found something to throw in to spark some purchases. Utter crap at the moment.
Of course they can. :) But they are niche games, and expecting them to sell same numbers as say...bundle that has Torchlight and PvsZ is ilusory. And than there is selection of games
misfire200: They need to start doing AAA gala's=) There are only soo many indie games the majority of people are going to buy.

*grins*
I think you need to do more than give them a big hint ;)
misfire200: They need to start doing AAA gala's=) There are only soo many indie games the majority of people are going to buy.

*grins*
nijuu: I think you need to do more than give them a big hint ;)
THQ bundle is coming soon to Humble Bundle. Seriously.They confirmed it.
nijuu: I think you need to do more than give them a big hint ;)
IronStar: THQ bundle is coming soon to Humble Bundle. Seriously.They confirmed it.
Which games will be in the THQ bundle (will they run out of keys ?...dont fancy chances of a drm free bundle ;).) .
IronStar: ...
Crazy stuff. I wonder which THQ game will be the BTA title. I sure hope it won't be DARKSIDERS (but propably this will be the BTA if you ask me :((( ) or METRO 2033 (this is my second guess).

The other thing is, they may come up with a minimal price for the bundle set to 5-10$. :/ I hope they don't. :/
Post edited November 24, 2012 by retro_gamer
IronStar: THQ bundle is coming soon to Humble Bundle. Seriously.They confirmed it.
nijuu: Which games will be in the THQ bundle (will they run out of keys ?...dont fancy chances of a drm free bundle ;).) .
I'm expecting Titan Quest, Stalker, and other games I already have. ;)
That's still $7000 more than I expected them to get.

Who the hell bundles simulation games?
nijuu: Which games will be in the THQ bundle (will they run out of keys ?...dont fancy chances of a drm free bundle ;).) .
Well there's this
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/18207

And topic here where I got this info:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/thq_bundle_everywhere/page1
IronStar: ...
retro_gamer: Crazy stuff. I wonder which THQ game will be the BTA title. I sure hope it won't be DARKSIDERS (but propably this will be the BTA if you ask me :((( ) or METRO 2033 (this is my second guess).

The other thing is, they may come up with a minimal price for the bundle set to 5-10$. :/ I hope they don't. :/
I'm personally hoping it's Darksiders, as it's the one game I already have. Also, I really, really hope we finally get a DRM-Free Company of Heroes. Having to make a THQ account is all that's keeping me from buying them.