It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Profanity: Noticed that Masquerade is on sale, I'm not sure but feels like a lot of people on these forums have been praising it for a while now. Or am I confusing it with some other game?

If it is the one, I should grab... not much interesting stuff without this and limbo.
StonerMk2: Its a great game. Though you will need to install one of the community patches to get a good experience out of it. Well tbh ive never played it without either of the community patches so i really dont know whats its like without. But the way i always figured it, if the community suggests installing a community patch for the game, theres probably a good reason lol
Personally I played trough the game many times without the com.patches but I do recommend it anyway since this is a fantastic but broken game. Id say Play through it at least once with only the buggfixing aspects of the com.patch (I seem to remember that being an option) and getting the extra stuff later.

And yeah, I believe wesp is the biggest one
Post edited October 29, 2012 by Backe
ne_zavarj: Only one . Dead Island GoTY .
I still wish they'd allow owners of the game + DLC from release date the ability to complete the collection by adding the Ripper DLC (even though it is pretty worthless to be honest).

The only way to get the Ripper is to have pre-ordered from Steam or to have waited to get the GoTY edition. My pre-ordered retail disc version only had Bloodbath DLC for free, and I then purchased the Ryder White DLC, so all I'm missing is the Ripper.
GamersGate has put all F.E.A.R. games on sale for 75% off:

Complete Pack (includes games 1-3) for 7.50€.

F.E.A.R. 1 - 2.24€, SecuRom, single player only, includes both DLCs

F.E.A.R. 2 - 2.49€, SecuRom, includes Reborn DLC

F.E.A.R. 3 - 4.99€, Steamworks
hmm. Dead Island goty £7.50 and Rage £6.50, might be time to pick up both. Will think about it a few hours. Still wondering if they maybe both will be 75% off during Christmas, but then I might be broke...

Dead Island has some interesting pricing, though, Steam has if for -50% (£9.99 - base price £19.99) and GG has it for -50% (£7.47 - base price £14.95)
Steam sales are amazing.. just got dead island. I'm so happy!!!
Legacy Interactive Bundle - $4.99 on Amazon

14 Game Downloads in This Bundle

1. Clueless
2. Doctor Who, Episode 2: Blood of the Cybermen
3. Doctor Who, Episode 3: Tardis
4. Doctor Who, Episode 4: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada
5. Doctor Who, Episode 5: The Gunpowder Plot
6. Doctor Who, Epsiode 1: City of the Daleks
7. Fever Frenzy
8. House, M.D.
9. Immortal Lovers
10. Mean Girls
11. Murder, She Wrote
12. Pretty In Pink
13. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2
14. The Tuttles Madcap Misadventures

As far as I know none of this games activates at Steam.
amok: hmm. Dead Island goty £7.50 and Rage £6.50, might be time to pick up both. Will think about it a few hours. Still wondering if they maybe both will be 75% off during Christmas, but then I might be broke...

Dead Island has some interesting pricing, though, Steam has if for -50% (£9.99 - base price £19.99) and GG has it for -50% (£7.47 - base price £14.95)
If you're split, Dead Island is the better game by far. I suppose there's some wiggle room for personal taste, but especially if you have a beefy rig, you should lean towards Dead Island, it's gorgeous and fun (the vivid colors and sunlight make the game really fun, later on you have some slightly less bright areas, but most of the game remains very vivid).
ne_zavarj: Only one . Dead Island GoTY .
korell: I still wish they'd allow owners of the game + DLC from release date the ability to complete the collection by adding the Ripper DLC (even though it is pretty worthless to be honest).

The only way to get the Ripper is to have pre-ordered from Steam or to have waited to get the GoTY edition. My pre-ordered retail disc version only had Bloodbath DLC for free, and I then purchased the Ryder White DLC, so all I'm missing is the Ripper.
If it worth 5 bucks (at least US price)? They're supposed to give you additional 50% off for upgrading to GOTY, but yeah, Ripper is all I don't have as well, silly really...
Post edited October 29, 2012 by orcishgamer
racerboi101: Legacy Interactive Bundle - $4.99 on Amazon
That looks pretty interesting.

I haven't shopped at Amazon so far. What's the DRM on those titles? Would I be able to make a backup of the installers (once downloaded), and be independent from Amazon from then on?
Cavalieroscuro: Halloween offers from Origin
Funny...

Down here it's a "Day of the Dead" special. If you complete their minigame, you get a coupon for 50% off selected titles. :|
Psyringe: That looks pretty interesting.

I haven't shopped at Amazon so far. What's the DRM on those titles? Would I be able to make a backup of the installers (once downloaded), and be independent from Amazon from then on?
It really depends on when they added the item to their catalog. They tend to update the newer ones with great info, others it can be hard to find. Steam stuff will always be labeled somewhere with the word "Steam", usually near that legal looking box of system reqs.

Otherwise search comments for DRM, Securom, Activation, and Starforce. You'll score hits if it has any unless it's some sort of really niche, low budget or low volume game.

With newer stuff, if they don't explicitly state what the DRM is, there's an extremely good chance it has none at all.
Psyringe: That looks pretty interesting.

The GG backup trick will not work on Amazon. I tried it with Avadon The Black Fortress and it still requires you to log into Amazon before installing. The good news is Amazon will be in business for a very long time.
Fun fact:

On Origin's Halloween promotion page I can see and add to my cart Bulletstorm (a game never before available in Brazil through Origin).

It even has a nice price, R$9,95 (a little less than 5 USD).

But if I try to checkout, Origin will say my cart is empty.
Dust 514 Beta PSN Voucher Code for US & EU accounts here:

http://www.markeedragon.com/index.php?exp=&cat=18

I've never gotten one so I cannot comment on if they work or not.

DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter, exclusively on the PlayStation 3 Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers.

Just noticed they had Smite beta keys if you scroll down. It's a DOTA type game.
Post edited October 29, 2012 by DeadlySkye
I just want to bring up a highly entertaining (to me) game sale that will probably get lost in the whole Halloween Deals rush:

Lollipop Chainsaw is 19.99 (PS3) and 22.99 (XBox 360), both in USD, on Amazon.com right now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J5K9EI/ref=amb_link_366163922_19?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=491C378363DC42F3B312&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1409132082&pf_rd_i=409566

This is "that" Suda51 (or whatever he's called) game you've heard about. FWIW I bought it new at 45 and felt like I got my money's worth. I did indeed unlock every achievement and every unlockable in game, which pads out the game play quiet a bit, don't expect a super long play through if you go story only.

Even so, the 8+ hours you'd spend on story is probably worth the 20 bucks by itself, it's a funny romp through a zombie massacre video game.
Falci: Fun fact:

On Origin's Halloween promotion page I can see and add to my cart Bulletstorm (a game never before available in Brazil through Origin).

It even has a nice price, R$9,95 (a little less than 5 USD).

But if I try to checkout, Origin will say my cart is empty.
Wait, what? Do I need to be logged into the client to peruse the sales or will the website work?
Post edited October 29, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Wait, what? Do I need to be logged into the client to peruse the sales or will the website work?
The website works. Actually browsing the site doesn't work in the client for me. :p