It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Interesting. In Europe, Morrowind GOTY is €2.78, 86% off. Oblivion GOTY DLX is €10, 60% off, but regular Oblivion GOTY is €4.98, 75% off.
etna87: Interesting. In Europe, Morrowind GOTY is €2.78, 86% off. Oblivion GOTY DLX is €10, 60% off, but regular Oblivion GOTY is €4.98, 75% off.
Not for me, Morrowind is 7.98€ & Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is 12.50€ (regular is 9.98€)
etna87: Interesting. In Europe, Morrowind GOTY is €2.78, 86% off. Oblivion GOTY DLX is €10, 60% off, but regular Oblivion GOTY is €4.98, 75% off.
Makes the Steam deals rather pointless ..

Thanks for the heads up, got my digital backup of Morrowind.
dyscode: all of those require Steam of course.
gyokzoli: Of course? Morrowind and Oblivion are not Steamworks titles so this is an exception.
"Well the GG versions requires steam" - now happy? ;)

on top of that

Gothic Complete Bundle is also on 80% for $10

which include the Arcania 4 and Setariff.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-GOTHIC/gothic-complete-pack-and-arcania-gold-edition-bundle?caff=1869351

And GG.uk has Mass Effect 3 57% / £15, again.
I hate this game but I cannot help loving it. I HATE it since effectively you have no more choice. Either play nice with everybody of don't get War Assets and the Reaper Signal / Planet Scanning mini game is the worst shit I've ever seen. And with EA/ Bioware selling the 'other' half of the story as forthcoming DLCs, makes it hard to love.
But the Action pacing, clocking it at abut 50 hours pf playtime and the multiplayer part is totally worth it. Ok, Back to topic:
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ME3UK/mass-effect-3-uk?caff=1869351
Post edited October 04, 2012 by dyscode
AFnord: Not for me, Morrowind is 7.98€ & Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is 12.50€ (regular is 9.98€)
I still see the cheaper prices. Is this a Germany-specific deal then? How many different pricing regions do they have?
AFnord: The game is ambitious, that's for sure. If you have played any of AGEOD's other (semi)recent strategy games, then you will understand how the engine works and how you move things around the globe. Now add in an advanced economic model, the ability to chose production focuses for every region and a research system.

Unlike Paradox's in-house strategy games, Pride of Nations is turnbased, and each turn represents 15 days. The grand campaign takes place between 1850-1920, which means that it will take you 1680 turns to play a complete game!

So far so good, but the game has a huge issue, one that prevented me from getting into the game: Turns takes an eternity and a half (or up to roughly 3min on my computer) to generate! If you have a great CPU, this will probably not be as big of an issue (but it will still be an issue)
PoN is an impressive game, but it is a bit too ambitious for today's technology, and even more so for the engine that it uses (it was never meant to be able to handle grand strategy games)
*edit* Also, unlike the in-house made Paradox titles, you can't play any nation in the world, only a few pre-set ones, which means that you can't ease yourself into the game by playing a nation that can stay out of trouble and which has less things to worry about.
That's very helpful information! I haven't played any of their games, I only notice them during the last PoN sale and their new release Alea Jacta Est.
Sound OK, but not too intriguing. I guess I am not gonna think about it until I have more budget then.
Although there are definitely differences, plenty too, I always found Pride of Nations to be the turn based version of Victoria. Which is fine by me since I always thought the EU games would be better as turn based games. So if you agree with me, you might like PoN too.
gyokzoli: Of course? Morrowind and Oblivion are not Steamworks titles so this is an exception.
grynn: Seems like they have implemented Steamworks to older TES games.
Where can we find Morrowind and Oblivion without Steam implementation?
grynn: Seems like they have implemented Steamworks to older TES games.
grinninglich: Where can we find Morrowind and Oblivion without Steam implementation?
Get a boxed copy.
PandaLiang: That's very helpful information! I haven't played any of their games, I only notice them during the last PoN sale and their new release Alea Jacta Est.
Sound OK, but not too intriguing. I guess I am not gonna think about it until I have more budget then.
Their other games are quite good, if a tad bit user unfriendly. You can probably find a boxed copy of Birth of America for less than the price of a shoddy McDonalds hamburger, if you look around a bit (I got mine for 15sek, which I usually would say is roughly 1½€, but these days it is closer to 2€)
grinninglich: Where can we find Morrowind and Oblivion without Steam implementation?
gyokzoli: Get a boxed copy.
Thanks. Though i don't i will find a boxed copy in Turkey. Most of the boxed copies here are new games. But i will keep looking.
http://impulsedriven.com/publisher/bethesda_softworks
AFnord: Their other games are quite good, if a tad bit user unfriendly. You can probably find a boxed copy of Birth of America for less than the price of a shoddy McDonalds hamburger, if you look around a bit (I got mine for 15sek, which I usually would say is roughly 1½€, but these days it is closer to 2€)
After the summer over-spending, I decide to limit my gaming budget to whatever remaining in my Paypal until Christmas. That is around $10 remaining now......so, even a burger matters. lol
ne_zavarj: http://impulsedriven.com/publisher/bethesda_softworks
Thanks ne_zavarj, but how does this site work? Never bought them before. It writes on product page:
"THIS GAME REQUIRES THE GAMESTOP APP"

And on the protection it says:

Protection: Impulse::Reactor
GameFly is also selling the older TES games.