It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: Or you can send the gift to an email address. Once you get the game, you can redeem them. :)
Are you sure that would work? Never really dealt with this kind of thing with Steam before.
Foxhack: Or you can send the gift to an email address. Once you get the game, you can redeem them. :)
Delixe: Are you sure that would work? Never really dealt with this kind of thing with Steam before.
In theory it should.

You could also purchase the DLC as a steam gift.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417

Trade it to someone for a random item. If the item is -not opened-, you can trade it back to your own account, bam, DLC.

You could also ask a friend to buy the item as a tradeable gift and then he sends it to you once you activate your copy of the game.
Post edited October 12, 2011 by Foxhack
Delixe: Are you sure that would work? Never really dealt with this kind of thing with Steam before.
It's written in the steam faq about doing this to buy a gift now and send it/redeem it later.

How can I deliver the gift at a later date? If you are interested in purchasing a subscription for someone as a gift but do not want it delivered until a later date, please purchase the game as a gift sent to your own email address. As long as you do not redeem it, you will have a guest pass for this subscription on your account that can be resent at anytime.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6262-QXCN-0755#gifts-delayed

You of course do not need to resend it. Steam won't complain if the email address matches your steam email address.
Post edited October 12, 2011 by Kabuto
Kabuto: You of course do not need to resend it. Steam won't complain if the email address matches your steam email address.
That's interesting, but if I buy it as a gift can I then claim that myself? Hopefully it will be in the post in the morning so this won't be an issue but it might be worth a try if not.
Humble bundle ends in less than three hours. (Just in case this hasn't been mentioned often enough :)

http://www.humblebundle.com/
Kabuto: You of course do not need to resend it. Steam won't complain if the email address matches your steam email address.
Delixe: That's interesting, but if I buy it as a gift can I then claim that myself? Hopefully it will be in the post in the morning so this won't be an issue but it might be worth a try if not.
You can buy anything into your Steam Inventory and you can move anything from your Steam Inventory to your Library at any time given that you have the base game in case of a DLC.
Delixe: That's interesting, but if I buy it as a gift can I then claim that myself? Hopefully it will be in the post in the morning so this won't be an issue but it might be worth a try if not.
Why not? You think you're fooling steam by gifting it to a different email then claiming it on the account that sent it? Just skip the useless cloak and dagger and just send it to yourself and claim it yourself.

Worked just fine for those who gifted themselves a game to fulfill an objective during the treasure hunt.
Post edited October 12, 2011 by Kabuto
lightnica: Humble bundle ends in less than three hours. (Just in case this hasn't been mentioned often enough :)

http://www.humblebundle.com/
We're down to the last half hour. If you, or any friends, haven't acted yet, don't be a fool! It's worth whatever you'd think of paying just for SpaceChem alone.
I Think I said it before: DON`T get Red Faction 2!
Not even to see how bad it really is. Just save yourself 5 hours of your valuable life!
dyscode: I Think I said it before: DON`T get Red Faction 2!
Not even to see how bad it really is. Just save yourself 5 hours of your valuable life!
This ^

Although it's really more like 3 hours.

But if you like destroying things, then by all means pick up Guerrilla. It's been $5 a few times now, but it's a good price for it. Plus if you live in Russia it's only a little over $2.
Post edited October 12, 2011 by GoJays2025
I actually enjoyed it pretty much. I liked 1 better, but enjoyed it anyway.
GoJays2025: This ^

Also if you are lucky as me (and lot of other people) you won't be even able to run it unless you force Win to run only with 2GB RAM.
GoJays2025: This ^

But if you like destroying things, then by all means pick up Guerrilla. It's been $5 a few times now, but it's a good price for it. Plus if you live in Russia it's only a little over $2.
RF Guerilla is one one of my All Time Favourites! Blowing up stuff and the open world thing is just geat.
Dang it! Just bought RF2 after seeing the deal, then came into here to suggest RF:G, and what's the first thing I see?

"Don't get Red Faction 2."

-___-

...does it make it any better if I liked the first one?
dyscode: RF Guerilla is one one of my All Time Favourites! Blowing up stuff and the open world thing is just geat.
Yes, Guerrilla is awesome. But I also like Armageddon a lot. The gameplay is very different from Guerrilla (linear) but the game still very underrated in my opinion.