It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Theme Hospital (retail version, not GOG). The game is repetitive and slow, the A.I is the same than a oyster (the employees don't clean the vomit close to them) and the epidemic system so illogical. I highly prefer Theme Park.
Klumpen0815: I regret having bought the N64. It was the worst console of this generation with very few good games and I should have supported SEGA instead, especcially since I had to work very long for something like this when I was little.
i got a dreamcast instead
didnt regret it one bit
jadeblackhawk: Stacking. I bought it when it was first released on gog, thought I'd really like it, but I find it boring and tedious. It's just a bunch of wandering around, jumping into every other doll in hopes you'll discover something new. I don't like the screen, something's off about the view, and it gives me a headache if I play more than a few minutes at a time
It's the focus blur. Things close to your character are sharp, everything far away is slightly blurry. Like myopia. Since the game features mostly huge halls and wide open spaces, that's a problem, and it cannot be turned off. The game has a neat premise, but it's too easy and depends on backtracking.
R8V9F5A2: Armored Core 4 For Answer: I think I have to become some sort of scientist to learn how to play this.
Gmr_Leon: This is literally every Armored Core game. If you can get into it, it's fantastic, but for me the biggest problem was that with all the time you would put into building the ultimate mech, it seemed like the missions were either too difficult or too uninteresting. Add to that the limited number, and it really kills your motivation to learn the game's systems.

Despite that, I have a soft spot for it as one of the enduring mech series on consoles and would only ever ask it to improve in its playable content over its customization. Maybe better teach the customization systems, as Steel Lancer Arena International did (or tried to), but don't simplify them. That's the game's greatest strength mechanically speaking, with the entire aesthetic and heavy feel of the mechs being the bonus.
Don't get me wrong I think the game and series itself seems awesome, its just that it does not seem to be aimed at people who are new to the series, even though I bought this particular game in the series because I read that it was the most beginner-friendly one. I want to learn how to play the game but the learning curve feels overwhelming, just to master the controls feels like a huge task in itself. Maybe if I follow someone else's build until I can get a hang of it is the right way to go.
darthspudius: But Zelda games have been nothing BUT hype for 20 yrs now.
Perhaps, but Zelda '11 was a very special one.
Gmr_Leon: Preach it yo. That's smart gaming, where and when it's possible. I'll compromise and pick up console versions of games if I'm concerned with port issues and/or DRM. It's not the best deal in the world (console being hard DRM in itself, console game sales and price drops being infrequent), but there are rarely any perfect deals to be found. =)
If the PC port is bad I don't see the point of buying the game, even it is on sale for $5, I'd only get angry with the game.
You get much better graphics on PC, but to me that isn't worth much when the actual port is seriously flawed.
darthspudius: But Zelda games have been nothing BUT hype for 20 yrs now.
Darvond: Perhaps, but Zelda '11 was a very special one.
Which one was that?
Darvond: Perhaps, but Zelda '11 was a very special one.
darthspudius: Which one was that?
skyward sword probably
darthspudius: Which one was that?
snowkatt: skyward sword probably
Oh! I admittedly gave up when they announced that one. More nintendo gimmicks!
Ixamyakxim: (Risen I HATED but I'm willing to blame this on the fact that I played the console version - it's one of those games that people openly acknowledge as a totally different and terrible a game on consoles, while 100% better on PC).
AnimalMother117: This is true. Risen on 360 is not bad, but it has so many issues that it really has trouble functioning as a game and I for one hold that it is much, much better on PC, so much so that it nearly does feel like a totally different game.
I definitely agree that the PC version of the Risen games are miles better.
However I thought the console version of the first Risen game was OK, I got used to the controls eventually.

Risen 2 was an entirely different animal. I played this on console as well and it was virtually unplayable to me, even the first Risen game had better controls in comparison. Any type of combat in Risen 2 on console was extremely frustrating, even if you used guns - which in theory should make things easier ! Nooope, not in Risen 2.
Risen 2 on console made me miss the controls in the first game, that's how bad it was.

No, these games should be played on PC, anything else feels like waste of money.
qwixter: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Yea, they got me on that one. Never again firaxis/2k, never again.
fivemagics: This and Aliens: Colonial Marines.. probably more aswell but main two that came to mind.
I liked Colonial Marines, after the huge patch and after a significant price-drop.
I even bought the DLC that came afterwards, which is actually better than the core game.

Considering how terrible the initial release was, it remains a splendid example of unethical business practice in the gaming industry, a '101' in how to mislead your consumers and not take any responsibility.
fivemagics: This and Aliens: Colonial Marines.. probably more aswell but main two that came to mind.
R8V9F5A2: I liked Colonial Marines, after the huge patch and after a significant price-drop.
I even bought the DLC that came afterwards, which is actually better than the core game.

Considering how terrible the initial release was, it remains a splendid example of unethical business practice in the gaming industry, a '101' in how to mislead your consumers and not take any responsibility.
I tried it, never got past the part where you're in a powerloader fighting a boss.
Tried about 10 times and just gave up.
Back when I was an avid supporter of Ubisoft.... Watch_Dogs. The ridiculous amount of hype surrounding that game sucked me in, and even when it was announced to be delayed a few weeks before November last year, I still gave it a go in May When I told myself repeatedly not to bother with it beforehand.

Should have listened to myself... What a waste of $100!!!
Gmr_Leon: Preach it yo. That's smart gaming, where and when it's possible. I'll compromise and pick up console versions of games if I'm concerned with port issues and/or DRM. It's not the best deal in the world (console being hard DRM in itself, console game sales and price drops being infrequent), but there are rarely any perfect deals to be found. =)
R8V9F5A2: If the PC port is bad I don't see the point of buying the game, even it is on sale for $5, I'd only get angry with the game.
You get much better graphics on PC, but to me that isn't worth much when the actual port is seriously flawed.
I buy them eventually at a low price if I want to play them. The other option for me would be not playing them at all since I don't own a console.
AdamR: Super Meat Boy.
(Just typing that out makes me upset.)

One good thing came out of it, though. It was the last time I ever decided to buy a game based on review scores. I've been happier since I started ignoring scores.
omega64: Was it too hard for you or was it something else?
It was definitely difficult, but that wasn't the problem. I just thought it was super boring. It was kinda fun for like 15 minutes, but then it just felt repetitive. Eventually every level started feeling exactly the same.
I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but I thought I was going to have a lot more fun for a game with such high ratings.
After I quit, I heard about one of the devs' App Store "experiment" and immediately regretted giving him my money.