It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mqstout: Okay, US DVD version hasn't.
And Warcraft3 release version did not. Disk check is not DRM.
Whatever you call it, it prevented me from playing with the original disc, it always crashed in the menu without a crack.
I will be dating myself... but my biggest gaming purchase regret may well be Outpost.
I just realized - The Witcher 1 (on steam). I bought because it was discounted. Shortly afterwards it was discounted also on GOG. I regreted Steam purchase but the possibility to own this game without any DRM won and I just purchased once again - this time on GOG.
Klumpen0815: Nope, they are mostly excellent action adventures,
Spirit Tracks was awful though.
darthspudius: They have generally been the same game repackaged since the N64 with the exception of a gimmick or two. The same repetitive stories, the same boring puzzles, lifeless dull characters. Pure Nintendo.
majora's mask is the peak of the zelda series for me

its all down hill from there

now if you want pure repackaing fodder look no further then the mario party series

10 bloody games
they are all the same
and in al of them the cpu fucking cheats
its infuriating
Post edited November 27, 2014 by snowkatt
Igorq: I just realized - The Witcher 1 (on steam). I bought because it was discounted. Shortly afterwards it was discounted also on GOG. I regreted Steam purchase but the possibility to own this game without any DRM won and I just purchased once again - this time on GOG.
You can get a free GOG copy if you own the Steam version.
cschock: I will be dating myself... but my biggest gaming purchase regret may well be Outpost.
Wow. I was going through my disks the other day and ran across it. I wanted that game to be much more than it was.
Hearts of Iron 3

I know Paradox has a bit of rep that it creates too complex games, but I never had any problem with any EU game or HoI2, not even Victoria 1/2 which was often mentioned as being too complex to enjoy and understand.

Hearts of Iron 3 was where I regretted buying it the moment the game loaded up and I seen the terrible map, and as I clicked around the user interface it just got worse.
darthspudius: I have to add Morrowind to the list. Nice looking game at the time but I just couldn't and still can't rap my head round that feckin stupid combat system!
its not even nice looking
i have to use a host fo mods to make it even presentable and even then the graphics are sub ps2 going on ps1 with muddy textures and a wooden animation cycle

the whole world in morrowind is drab its brown upon brown and oooh look more brown and some green too

...the water looks nice and thats the nicest thing i can say about morrowind
Emob78: Horrible game. Awful. Just... no.
inc09nito: And that's why I put it here ;-)
now i am intrigued
Post edited November 27, 2014 by snowkatt
ScotchMonkey: Even a good game that's consistently repackaged year after year is still a basically good game. You could do a lot worse, like me!
I'm a careful buyer but Ive done goofed before

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising (welcome to jank city)
Call of Juarez The Cartel (absolute garbage)
Rage (just really boring)
Personally I liked those games, played them on console though and in single-player, I prefer poorer graphics over crappy ports and DRM. My worst experience is gifting my brother a triple-A Steam game, paying full-price, and having the f'n thing crash on him everytime he wanted to play it. Not a nice gift, and the last Steam game I've bought.

I agree that repackaged games are usually a safer choice if you buy the games at full-price, I use the same rationale for when I buy my "annual" racing games, like F1 and MotoGP.
snowkatt: i already had insane on my wishlsit long before you recommended it ;p
im just glad i didnt pay 7,99 for it that would really have pissed me off

i have moto racer 3 the whole set actually
cant say i care for 3 or 1 the best one for me is 2

im stil chugging through saints row 4

2 took me 6 years to finish ( i finallyw orked that last fucking mission out )
3 about 4 days
and i started 4 yesterday and already sank 10 hours in it

i dealt with paul paul isnt having a good day
and paul absolutley wasnt a reference to ghostbusters no sirreee
I encouraged, I recommended 1nsane, and then I suggested moto racer 3... you don't care for them, it's an embarrassment to me that I make such poor references, a personal fiasco. I'm being overly-dramatic. :D

SR4 I still haven't bought, I just finished it during the free weekend earlier this year. There was no way I was going to buy each individual DLC, and since I waited this long I'll wait till this holiday sale to pick up the GOTC edition when it's like 75% off.

Still haven't really started SR2; could be I'm subconsciously waiting for CD Projekt to fix their port and bring it here?
cschock: I will be dating myself... but my biggest gaming purchase regret may well be Outpost.
mqstout: Wow. I was going through my disks the other day and ran across it. I wanted that game to be much more than it was.
Yes. Truly. Also it had a metric @($&-ton of bugs, features left out that were in the documentation and ways to inexplicably die for no reason. And those were the good parts! :D
Post edited November 27, 2014 by cschock
I think the only one i ever regretted buying was Carmageddon. By the time it arrived (good old CD ROM ordering days...) i was already bored of the demo. The game itself was the same crap as the demo, with ugly variations of maps that ultimately didn't make much of a difference. I miss those 50 bucks :P

Hm disappointing but not a bad game overall: Warcraft III. All i wanted was Warcraft 2 in 3d with new maps, not that hero-comic crap i got ;) Guess its just a a matter of taste. The multiplayer was still ok.
Well, I suppose I have a regret that I have yet to purchase Sacrifice...

:P
snowkatt: i already had insane on my wishlsit long before you recommended it ;p
im just glad i didnt pay 7,99 for it that would really have pissed me off

i have moto racer 3 the whole set actually
cant say i care for 3 or 1 the best one for me is 2

im stil chugging through saints row 4

2 took me 6 years to finish ( i finallyw orked that last fucking mission out )
3 about 4 days
and i started 4 yesterday and already sank 10 hours in it

i dealt with paul paul isnt having a good day
and paul absolutley wasnt a reference to ghostbusters no sirreee
NowaAnglia: I encouraged, I recommended 1nsane, and then I suggested moto racer 3... you don't care for them, it's an embarrassment to me that I make such poor references, a personal fiasco. I'm being overly-dramatic. :D

SR4 I still haven't bought, I just finished it during the free weekend earlier this year. There was no way I was going to buy each individual DLC, and since I waited this long I'll wait till this holiday sale to pick up the GOTC edition when it's like 75% off.

Still haven't really started SR2; could be I'm subconsciously waiting for CD Projekt to fix their port and bring it here?
if you want to play saints row 2 on the pc you should install getlemen of the row
a fan mod\patch that fixes a lot of stuff and adds quite a bit too
Stacking. I bought it when it was first released on gog, thought I'd really like it, but I find it boring and tedious. It's just a bunch of wandering around, jumping into every other doll in hopes you'll discover something new. I don't like the screen, something's off about the view, and it gives me a headache if I play more than a few minutes at a time