It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucian_Galca: snip
Kirben: Tired of these kind of excuses, it really is just a complete lack of any care about GOG users. It has been 9 months since the update on Steam, and 6 months since someone asked about the updates for GOG.
That's a wild excuse, to me that shows they didn't do a good job handling what runtimes/APIs a game should enable depending on what storefront it's shipped on.

opticq: snip
vv221: Keep in mind that THQ Nordic are the ones who decided to only sell the Window build of Desperados 3 on GOG, while the Linux and Mac OS builds are exclusive to Steam. Their excuse being that it would not be worth it to provide support for these builds on several stores.

Of course, you pay the same price on GOG for a Windows build only than what you would pay on Steam to get builds for all platforms.
It's similar to the Linux chicken or egg problem; they don't support GOG or even linux/mac via GOG because there's a small userbase and there's a small userbase because these companies poorly support GOG.

My favorite type of abandoning GOG is when I find out there's widescreen or controller support on Steam as an exclusive feature. Amazing.
_Auster_: So, with how many people complaining in the weekly sale post about Daedelic seemingly ignoring people asking about missing contents here, I thought of something: perhaps it'd be better to ask the developers instead?
I contacted them because the Deponia games have broken achievements. I got an automated e-mail reply that listed the games that are still supported, which included the Deponia series. And that was it. They never responded.
high rated
Updates on the following:

Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - Got a response via THQ support on Discord, issue of missing patch has been passed onto the appropriate team.

Scythe: Update 2: The GOG version IS fully updated with the Steam version. That latest Steam version update was incorrectly labeled as patch 1.9.14, when it should've been 1.7.14, which is the same latest version as GOG. The Steam page for that update is now corrected. The GOG version was never outdated and is up to date with Steam.

Wartile - Response via Steam, missing patches are being looked into.

Blackwell series - GOG versions will be updated when the games are done being recompiled into the latest version of that game's engine.

Epistory: Typing Chronicles - Response from multiple sources, will be updated sometime this Winter with a new update.
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice has been released yesterday with the Linux build missing on GOG.

Lucian_Galca: <snip>
Thanks for keeping us updated. And you even got some responses, too. Let's hope those "we'll look into it" promises will actually result in some updates.
Exsurgent: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice has been released yesterday with the Linux build missing on GOG.

Lucian_Galca: <snip>
Exsurgent: Thanks for keeping us updated. And you even got some responses, too. Let's hope those "we'll look into it" promises will actually result in some updates.
You're welcome. I don't mind doing a few on the list, but i'm not going make a habit of it given GOG and CDP seems to care more about giving their execs bonuses for botched game releases than using that money to fix the numerous issues with GOG. The state of GOG and CDP management of late is shameful.
Lucian_Galca: You're welcome. I don't mind doing a few on the list, but i'm not going make a habit of it given GOG and CDP seems to care more about giving their execs bonuses for botched game releases than using that money to fix the numerous issues with GOG. The state of GOG and CDP management of late is shameful.
Yeah, I hear you. Having to personally contact developers to beg for updates sadly seems to be a core part of the GOG user experience. I've been lurking in the Spellforce 3 Reforced release thread, like you, and I'm so pissed off at this point that I'm seriously thinking of just going back to double-dipping - y'know, buy games on Steam and only consider buying a DRM-free backup of the same game on GOG years later once it's dirt cheap.

For those wondering, it seems that Spellforce 3 Reforced is suffering from the same DLC recognition problem which the original Spellfoce 3 suffered from, so we can probably just change the game's name on the list and leave all the entries intact. EDIT: According to this post in the release thread, Dark Elves and Dwarves (from the Soul Harvest DLC) should be available in multiplayer/skirmish, but not Trolls (from Fallen God). As of right now, it's unclear if Dwarves and Dark Elves are simply unlocked for everyone in the new Reforced version or if the game recognizes Soul Harvest as owned, but not Fallen God.
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Exsurgent
high rated
I sent an email to the developers of Slime Rancher, Monomi Park, yesterday.

What I sent:
Hello.

As it is now, Slime Rancher on GOG is missing all the DLCs available in other stores. Is there any chance of those DLCs getting released on GOG as well?

Thank you in advance.
The reply I got:
Hello Auster,

We don't currently have plans to release those on GOG, but I can bring it up to the team for consideration for you.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you're having a great day!
Watros
While the reply wasn't ideal, it sounded like they're at least a bit prone to adding it here. Maybe if more people ask about it (politely), it could give them the push needed?

I got the email address from the devs' site:
http://www.monomipark.com/
(mail icon in the top right of the screen)
Post edited December 08, 2021 by _Auster_
Seems like Othercide will be updated very soon :

https://twitter.com/OthercideGame/status/1468241654607921156
Looks like Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy also needs to be added as there are 3 missing updates as of last year.

https://www.gog.com/forum/sphinx_and_the_cursed_mummy/gog_version_updates/post7

Updates might be on their way here, but we will see what happens with that.
It's looking like Flynn: Son of Crimson might end up needing to go on the list. It's been outdated since shortly after launch, with Steam getting a small patch on September 16th but according to GOG Database the game's last update was before it released. About a week ago the game got a big 1.1 update on Steam, but so far the GOG version remains outdated. Hopefully that will change, but since it's been a week now I figured it might be worth mentioning.
I realize what I'm about to do couldn't be farther off topic in this thread, but I wanna give a shoutout to The Game Kitchen for having released today's big new update and free story expansion DLC for Blasphemous on GOG and Steam simultaneously - despite being published by Team17, if you can believe it...
_Auster_: I sent an email to the developers of Slime Rancher, Monomi Park, yesterday.

What I sent:

Hello.

As it is now, Slime Rancher on GOG is missing all the DLCs available in other stores. Is there any chance of those DLCs getting released on GOG as well?

Thank you in advance.
_Auster_: The reply I got:

Hello Auster,

We don't currently have plans to release those on GOG, but I can bring it up to the team for consideration for you.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you're having a great day!
Watros
_Auster_: While the reply wasn't ideal, it sounded like they're at least a bit prone to adding it here. Maybe if more people ask about it (politely), it could give them the push needed?

I got the email address from the devs' site:
http://www.monomipark.com/
(mail icon in the top right of the screen)
Okay, I will send them a message too!
Minor issue about Slime Rancher, but the game's official website lists all versions of the game BUT the GOG version.

I already mentioned that to the devs through email and one of them replied thanking for informing him, so the information has been properly delivered.
Wytchwood is missing the soundtrack DLC.
high rated
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation is missing Dawn of the Singularity eBook DLC.