It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

opticq: For a while I was also pre-ordering every THQNordic game as well just to support them and because I genuinely thought I would enjoy all those games. (Spoiler alert: for some reason I don't like any so far) It's companies like Thunderful, THQNordic and Devolver which I think are GOG's saving grace because they are the AA powerhouses.
Keep in mind that THQ Nordic are the ones who decided to only sell the Window build of Desperados 3 on GOG, while the Linux and Mac OS builds are exclusive to Steam. Their excuse being that it would not be worth it to provide support for these builds on several stores.

Of course, you pay the same price on GOG for a Windows build only than what you would pay on Steam to get builds for all platforms.
Beyond Good & Evil should be added as it has controller support everywhere but here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/15130/discussions/0/5350815203290082180/
Lucian_Galca: Got a response on the Blackwell series via Twitter. Basically, updating the games to the new version of their engine is taking time, but the GOG versions will be updated when that's done.
Kirben: Tired of these kind of excuses, it really is just a complete lack of any care about GOG users. It has been 9 months since the update on Steam, and 6 months since someone asked about the updates for GOG.
I assume every single dev and pub to ever exist hates GOG because of their tiny userbase so we get squashed like the annoying insects we are. :-P
Add The Witcher Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2 to the List for not having achievements that are on the Steam version, CD PROJECT RED treat GOG users as second class citizens.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2
Post edited December 06, 2021 by Frogmancer
Frogmancer: Add The Witcher Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2 to the List for not having achievements that are on the Steam version, CD PROJECT RED treat GOG users as second class citizens.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2
We don't track achievements here.

And I'm pretty sure that Witcher 2 is on the list. Witcher 1 doesn't have achievements anywhere.
Post edited December 06, 2021 by ElTerprise
Frogmancer: Add The Witcher Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2 to the List for not having achievements that are on the Steam version, CD PROJECT RED treat GOG users as second class citizens.
It's counterintuitive, but reports of missing achievements belong in the thread List of broken GOG Achievements.

Rest assured, everyone knows about The Witcher 2. Feel free to vote for the community wish.
So, with how many people complaining in the weekly sale post about Daedelic seemingly ignoring people asking about missing contents here, I thought of something: perhaps it'd be better to ask the developers instead? Maybe they'd more willing to listen to the people that pay their bills.
high rated
I just now contacted devs/publishers on missing updates for the following game via Steam, Discord, and Twitter:

- Driftland
- Wartile (Update via Steam response: The issue is being looked into)
- Deponia 1
- Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Update: THQ responded via Discord and say they'll look into it.)

I'll let you know if I hear anything....which I doubt I will.
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
high rated
<snip>
Yestermorrow is missing its purchasable OST.
Mechajammer is missing its purchasable OST.

EDIT: I erroneously reported Iron Danger as missing the soundtrack DLC, so I'm leaving this info here just for people who might make the same mistake in the future: Steam sells the soundtrack individually, but the Iron Danger Supporter Pack also includes the soundtrack (it's both mp3 and FLAC on GOG). So technically, this DLC is missing, but you can get the soundtrack via the Supporter Bundle. Same goes for the comic book.

EDIT2: Spellforce 3 has now been turned into Spellforce 3 Reforced (should be two different entries in the library for previous owners). Does someone here own the game and can check whether the issues on the list still apply to this build (like not giving access to DLC factions in multiplayer/skirmish if you own Soul Harvest and Fallen God)?
Post edited December 06, 2021 by Exsurgent
high rated
I've been contacting devs/publishers once again as of late. Most are without response and even with getting a reply on a few, nothing happened with them at all. Hit lucky when I was doing this years ago, most of the delinquent parties actually gave a shit or two that their products were out of date. Guess it is A-okay for them to cheat paying customers (and we are still their customers I have to add, even if we are on GOG). What really gets to me about this (other than feeling cheated) is that GOG doesn't seem to have an issue with this happening at all.
Post edited December 06, 2021 by EnforcerSunWoo
Scythe is missing several bugfix updates:

Update: Via a response on Twitter, the GOG version is being looked into.

Update 2: The GOG version IS fully updated with the Steam version. That latest Steam version update was incorrectly labeled as patch 1.9.14, when it should've been 1.7.14, which is the same latest version as GOG. The Steam page for that update is now corrected. The GOG version was never outdated and is up to date with Steam.
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
I was looking at Iron Danger and I'm confused. According to steamdb it's last update was 14 december 2020, while last update on gogdb was 30 october 2020. But that december update on Steam is 1.03.02 and according to gogdb GOG's october update was also 1.03.02. So is it actually the first time we got updates before Steam? Can anyone verify it?
Ravinius: I was looking at Iron Danger and I'm confused. According to steamdb it's last update was 14 december 2020, while last update on gogdb was 30 october 2020. But that december update on Steam is 1.03.02 and according to gogdb GOG's october update was also 1.03.02. So is it actually the first time we got updates before Steam? Can anyone verify it?
It's possible that the devs uploaded the patch in October but only pushed it to players in December (for whatever reason). We had a similar situation with Resolutiion, where it seems that SteamDB gives you the date the patch was published, while GOGDB gives you the date the build was uploaded. See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post2501
Post edited December 06, 2021 by Exsurgent
Lucian_Galca: I just now contacted devs/publishers on missing updates for the following game via Steam, Discord, and Twitter:

- Driftland
- Wartile
- Deponia 1
- Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Update: THQ responded via Discord and say they'll look into it.)

I contacted Daedalic time ago when I purchase Deponia, aparently the lastest updated introduced a bug I don't remember well, and they just provided a save game to fix it, so technicaly a outaded version is better than the updated version.
Lucian_Galca: I just now contacted devs/publishers on missing updates for the following game via Steam, Discord, and Twitter:

- Driftland
- Wartile
- Deponia 1

KetobaK: I contacted Daedalic time ago when I purchase Deponia, aparently the lastest updated introduced a bug I don't remember well, and they just provided a save game to fix it, so technicaly a outaded version is better than the updated version.
This patch?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/214340/view/2900837329926910115