It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DadJoke007: My only gripe with Quake is the few enemies on screen compared to Doom
swsoboleski89: people say this all the time. I don't get the appeal of having 50 enemies attacking you at once.
It's not about having 50 enemies attacking you at once, it's about making each shot of your weapon having much more weight and power without reducing difficulty.

When the shotgun connects in Doom, the enemy falls apart in a pile of gore in an instant. In Quake, the enemy is a bullet sponge that doesn't give any response at all until the HP bar is drained.
Bulletstorm - first game finished this year, though I started it in 2018. Very fun FPS with a skill shot/kill point mechanic, and those point used to buy ammo and unlock guns and upgrades. Some of the skill shots were really tricky to get, and I just gave up on them after a while. Having a 3 weapon limit at a time, with only 2 of the weapons up to your choice, was annoying, and in the end I mainly used the trusty shotgun and sniper rifle instead of some of the more exotic arms.

The story and characters were great, unfortunately the game ends without any conclusion, on a "to be continued" note. As far as I know, there are no plans to continue it...

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - first game I finished after starting it this year. Actually I only did the primary mission, not any of the "side-ops" that were unlocked by that. However this took me 3 hours since I kept messing up and being spotted and subjected to infinite enemy reinforcements, which was quite annoying especially as I was carrying my target to the rescue point. So no urge to do the side-ops now. I head Phantom Pain doesn't have infinite enemy reinforcements, so I might enjoy that one better. Though I also heard its checkpoints are far less frequent too....
Post edited January 04, 2019 by kalirion
Titan Quest

It's not the first time I've finished the game so it's pretty obvious that I enjoy it a lot (otherwise I wouldn't replay it). So while the story is rather weak and side quest very boring (you'll finish 99% of them just by exploring every map, sometimes even before you get them) the actual hack & slash part + looting is really great. Nice variety of locations and enemies add an extra flavor. But where the game really shines is the diversity of possible classes achieved by combination of two masteries! Each with it's own strengths and weaknesses and different tactic.

This time, however, I saw only strengths and no weaknesses. I went with Haruspex (Dream + Hunting) and I thought I would be a nimble but fragile priest-like character that will cast some spells, shoot a few arrows and run away. Boy, I was wrong. Apparently Dream mastery is nothing I expected it to be. So in the end I got a nimble and powerful warrior, wielding a huge spear equally devastating to bosses and regular mobs. Is it the easiest character ever? I'm sure it's recommended for beginner players, because this character is seriously overpowered. Self-healing, electrifying aura (in second act most enemies were dying before I was able to strike them!), fast with spears which do a lot of damage and with a few powerful hits. I didn't even try to get any pet.

So yeah, it was a blast but perhaps a bit too easy. Nevertheless I can recommend the game to any h&s fan. It's definitely one of the best games in this genre.

Full list
The Last Guardian (Jan 4th)
Spider-Man PS4 (Jan 18th)
Spider-Man PS4 City That Never Sleeps DLC (Jan 21st)

Manual Samuel (Feb 6th)
Super Mario Odyssey (Feb 11th)
Gorogoa (Feb 25th)

Yakuza 6: Song Of Life (March 12th)
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (March 26th)
What Remains Of Edith Finch (March 29th)

Shadow Of Colossus - PS4 Edition (April 5th)
Batman: Arkham VR (April 9th)
Psychonauts: In The Rhombus Of Ruin (April 13th)
I Expect You To Die (April 16th)
PlayStation VR Worlds (April 16th)
Statik (April 17th)

Devil May Cry 5 (May 7th)
God Of War 2018 (May 21st)
Linelight (May 28th)
Stories Untold (May 30th)

Full Throttle Remastered (June 4th)
Oxenfree (June 7th)

Rise Of The Tomb Raider (July 29th)

Detroit: Become Human (August 5th)
Astro Bot Rescue Mission VR (August 18th)

Thimbleweed Park (October 21st)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (November 17th)
Outer Wilds (November 23rd)
Jet Set Radio (November 28th)

Samorost 3 (December 3rd)
Guacamelee 2 (December 13th)
Concete Genie (December 29th)
Post edited December 29, 2019 by Dave_Scoffin
Include me

Original Xbox
Dead or Alive 3*

Xbox One
Ninja Gaiden Black*
Dead or Alive 6

Nintendo Switch
Shikhondo: Soul Eater
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
ICEY
Astral Chain
Final Fantasy XII
Pokemon Shield

*Not my first playthrough
Post edited December 17, 2019 by Random_Coffee
Dead Island Definitive Edition

I played the original one and had a blast with it, despite a handful of glitches and bugs. I played this one because I got it in a Humble Monthly Bundle and thought "why not again, while waiting for Dying Light 2 ?", and I had a blast again.

And I had a blast playing solo, I just wish I could have played it with some of my friends. 25h of solid gameplay, serious gore and tense moments. If you haven't played that game, play it!

So far in 2019: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2019/post24
Ghorpm: Bounty Train review

I can really recommend the game just be aware it's not a tycoon type of a game but rather a hybrid of trading simulator with RPG plus some arcadey mini-games. If that sounds good for you try the game! I had a blast with it. Very nice beginning of a new gaming year ;)

Full list
Thanks Ghorpm for the very detail review.
I really appreciate it.
Glad you enjoy the game very much :)
1. Metro: Last Light Redux
2. Super Mario World
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Metro Exodus
5. Call of Cthulhu
6. Megaman 4
7. Sekiro: Shadows die twice
8. Blood: Fresh Supply (coop)
9. Psychonauts: In the Rhombus of Ruin
10. Gears of War 4 (coop)
11. Nekketsu! Street Basket
12. Blasphemous
13. Nekketsu Kakuto Densetsu
14. Megaman 5
15. Megaman 6
16. Megaman Legacy Collection
17. Batman Arkham Knight
18. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
19. River City Ransom: Underground
Post edited February 09, 2020 by cosminm
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Bought this one boxed a year after release, and it's been hiding in my backlog ever since.
This is the best Batman movie since Batman Returns!
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (XB1X)

It just hit game pass, so another fringe game I got to play and now no longer have to buy. I can't help compare to the first game obviously, since they are related. In that respect the story is shorter and tighter with less boring sections. Plus Chloe, with her attitude and backchat, is a much more fun character to play than Max ever was.
However, without the first games simple time bending puzzle sections this one is little more than a walkie talkie adventure. That's okay though, it told it's story and finished up before it outstayed its welcome and was worth a play through.
FEAR (5th Jan)

i'm not sure about this i love the combat and the environments but the story is meh.

The AI is amazing, they will act like humans not suicide shooters. plus the smoke during/after a gun battle is fun. I don't like they the horror stuff, they basically change the rules for parts of the game.

Also am I the only one who does do the kicks etc? I could shoot them or run and kick them. the shooting will always win

7.5/10

I will play the other ones
Blood 2: The Blood Group

A game from my childhood that I always remembered as awesome but obviously I was wrong...

The first half of the game isn’t so bad I don’t know if it’s because of nostalgia but I really enjoy the first chapter, rushing trough enemies with your dual berettas is a lot of fun. But the more you progress the more the game feels generic and uninspired sometimes even lazy, it’s like they were having a lot of ideas when they start the project and then they start filling the void with what came first in their mind in order to make the game longer.

The game has so may flaws it would take too long listing everything here but in short the IA is broken and the explosives are doing full damage even if you are behind a wall and because of that you’re going to die a lot which can be really frustrating sometimes.

The game really feels unpolished or should I say unfinished and that’s a shame because otherwise it could have been a pretty good title. I would say it’s average, if you like the style of 90’s mindless shooter you may enjoy it. It was far from perfect but I had some fun finishing it :)
Sildring: Blood 2: The Blood Group
About how long did it take you to finish it, and how did the game work (compatibility-wise) on your machine? I have Win 7 so I'm not terribly worried, though I should probably install dgVoodoo already.

I plan on playing it in the next few months.
kalirion: Bulletstorm - first game finished this year, though I started it in 2018. Very fun FPS with a skill shot/kill point mechanic, and those point used to buy ammo and unlock guns and upgrades. Some of the skill shots were really tricky to get, and I just gave up on them after a while. Having a 3 weapon limit at a time, with only 2 of the weapons up to your choice, was annoying, and in the end I mainly used the trusty shotgun and sniper rifle instead of some of the more exotic arms.

The story and characters were great, unfortunately the game ends without any conclusion, on a "to be continued" note. As far as I know, there are no plans to continue it...
Completely agree. I just finished it in a couple days playing as Duke Nukem. Thought it was kinda fun here and there but I have simply no idea how it ever deserved a remaster/re-release. Uninstalled it as soon as it was over, glad it was free on PSN Plus.
So I just got done with Quake: The Offering.

Quake 1 was okay, but I preferred the settings of the two expansions more; the expansions felt more like "gothic sci-fi horror" (like Blood at times) and also Unreal at times - castles and churches, and vegetation and visible sky, respectively - compared to Quake 1 which mostly felt like running through underground labyrinths and maybe space ships corridors. Quake 1 felt too same-y. didn't realize there were different soundtracks for the two expansions so I ended up listening to the sci-fi horror OST of the first game throughout it all, which wasn't too bad.

The final bosses of Quake 1 and the 2nd expansion were really silly imo. I don't remember if there was a final boss for the first expansion.

I did like the shortness of the games, they didn't overstay their welcome (plus I picked QTO up for only like 2.50 on sale). As an adult I prefer games that I can beat over like a weekend or two.

I used Quakespasm to run them.
Post edited January 07, 2019 by tfishell