It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Perspective

This game was recomended by the user "Fairfox" on another thread and is nothing short of amazing.
If you enjoy puzzle games like Portal, try this little one. It´s only a couple of hours but great for those days you don't know what to play.
Gain Ground (Sega 1988) - It's the second game from my Sega Classic Collection.bundle on VITA. Highly recommend to anyone who cannot spend much time with game ...actually you have max. 3 min. to beat single level / stage. Thumbs up, SEGA!
The Witcher 3- Wild Hunt (XB1X)

I took between 140 to 150 hours, including all DLC. I did all story stuff, all notice boards cleared, all points of interest "?" locations cleared. I did any quests that showed up on the map outside the above, but I'm sure that there are some hidden quests here or there I missed. But it's complete, my quest log is empty except the "Collect them all" Gwent card quest (I did the one for Blood and Wine though).

The version for Xbox One X is pretty good. It can be played in 4K at 30fps or in performance mode that varies resolution between 1080p and 1440p whilst generally staying around 60fps. I used the performance mode and with a freesync TV it was really smooth except in the big cities where it dropped out of the freesync range. But it ran well overall. Xbox and PS4 have the advantage of HDR, the first ever game that I've played that utilizes it...and I'm very impressed. In fact there's only been 2 occasions in video gaming where I've experienced true visible leaps in graphics- the late 90's when 3d acceleration first took off and now HDR. Sometimes, after the Xbox was left to go into it's screen saving mode, the game would fail to load with HDR and the difference was plain to see. It's hard to go back to the flat washed out look of normal definition colour. So CDPR did a great job technically on this game.

For gameplay, the biggest single advance over previous games in the series is that the worlds greatest monster hunter can now jump! That's right, the elite monster slayer no longer has to run 200 metres out of his way just because he cannot step over a 2ft high fence. After the jumping the next biggest upgrade is the world in general, that is what kept me playing all the way.

Other than the above, it's still the same as previous games. I still don't think it's a very strong RPG, the combat is easy and shallow on normal difficulty, the character progression was also a bit weak. Pretty much all game I got by using the fast attack button exclusively with Quen shield. Only switching to counterattack mode for shield bearers. Whilst I loved exploring the world, the rewards for doing so were low. Hours of exploration and clearing the map would barely result in a single level, whilst a story quest involving nothing more than watching cutscenes and a couple of dialogue options would get 2 levels easily. Something felt out of balance there. Not that levelling mattered on normal difficulty since it was easy enough to beat enemies way above your level- one of the best and quickest ways of getting XP in fact.

The biggest issue, which is a personal pet hate of mine in RPG's, is too many pointless cutscenes. A problem for the entire series. I'm not talking about major milestones in the story here...I'm talking about things that don't need a cutscene at all- like walking up and opening a hatch in the ground, where Geralt will first start opening the hatch in game, then it switches to a cinematic cutscene showing Geralt opening a hatch. Why? This stuff happens all the time and does nothing but interrupt the flow of the game and disorient when it puts you back in the game. It's not just occasional, most of the story is cutscenes and not gameplay. You feel like a passenger. But I admit most people seem fine with this.

Then there are the games quests. Almost every single quest is the same just with different cutscenes and talky talky. You go somewhere, use magic assasins creed/batman vision until you find footprints or scent. Follow scent/prints until you find your target. Horizon Zero Dawn had the same problem, every quest was the same mechanically. Again, I've never seen anyone else bothered by this, so it must be just something that I don't like.

But I played it for almost 150 hours, so I obviously still enjoyed it enough to do so, and I did have fun. I had to treat it, not as an RPG, but more like an open world Assassins Creed style game with light RPG elements- and CDPR did it before Horizon Zero Dawn and AC Odyssey did basically the same thing (both did it better though). It was good enough that when the next consoles come out I'll probably even play it again, since they will be backwards compatible and dynamic scaling will automatically mean 60fps 4K most likely.
Post edited July 29, 2019 by CMOT70
CMOT70: ...too many pointless cutscenes. ... But I admit most people seem fine with this.
Not the only one to dislike it. It is jarring and not only RPGs suffer from this.
Divine Divinity
++++ Great game overall (I'll leave the lengthy review writing to others.)
+ I like the silly humor
- Quests can break / I was almost stuck near the end (the almost impossible 2nd Josephina fight)
- A bit too grindy (maybe because I was a mage?)

I put around 100 hours into it. I did almost all the side quests and explored most terrain - but skipped a lot of the sewers and ghosted through most of the Black Lake Dungeon. I wonder if I'm just a slow player or if Galaxy's time tracking is a bit off.
Next up: Beyond Divinity (probably, I feel a bit more like playing Divinity II.)
Post edited July 29, 2019 by teceem
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

I'm not sure what to write about this all time cult classic other than that it's rightfully called so. I played it before once but I skipped most of the quests and areas, including Ulgoth's Beard and just rushed to the end. It's only this time that I learned Ulgoth's Beard contains all of the Tales of The Sword Coast quests. So I did them all. Durlag's Tower was great through and through, I loved the whole madness and additional lore there. Frozen island was quick. I had some problems with lycanthrope island - I ran from the boss of lycanthropes and when I came back he wasn't there. In the end I was forced to teleport back to main world using cheats because of this, but that's mostly my fault.

Other than that it's a great game in all aspects. I think everyone calling themselves a gamer should play it at least once. Great story, beautiful terrains and full of (sometimes dark) humour. 9/10.
Post edited July 29, 2019 by Nadruk
Darksiders 1+2, golden sun
Bloodstained! I 've beaten all currently available modes through and through, 100% completion! Collected everything, even the 21 optional boss medals!!! Can't wait for the rest 3/4 of the game to be delivered, as well!
Just finished The Surge on PS4. As the game is a Souls-like and I haven't played the Souls games that much (a lot of Demon's Souls, a tiny bit of Dark Souls 1) I probably won't be the best to comment on this game but here goes:

First off: it's the least stable PS4 game I've played yet. It's crashed a few dozen times on me, almost always when changing levels and it was never a big deal as the game saves often but hilariously it also crashed on me just after beating the final boss and I didn't get to see the credits or the extra cutscene that plays alongside them (just looked it up on YouTube). I'm also not sure if I got the trophy for finishing the game, lol. It may be because I've been using the PS4 Pro's "boost mode", though, which makes pre-Pro games run faster but is potentially unstable so I'm not sure the developers are to blame.

As for the game itself: I actually enjoyed it a whole lot. I was kinda captivated from the first moment on and it actually starts with a pretty amazing twist that I don't wanna spoil. The game just instantly felt right to me: I liked the graphics (even in "performance mode" the game looks great on PS4), the movement just felt nice to me (and is reminiscent of the Souls games) and it has an often melancholic atmosphere which I dig. I was instantly in love with the first location, this industrial complex in the desert that you see on all the screenshots. Admittedly later the game becomes pretty uneven in some regards and many of the locations are pretty generic sci-fi base stuff that looks like Doom, Prey, whatever, but still, I liked the world and atmosphere and there's some cool ideas in the story and setting.

As is typical of Souls-likes the game is tough as nails and most of the time several hits will kill you. I even read that the game is harder than the Souls games, due to enemies being less predictable, the animations a bit faster with shorter windups etc. - maybe it's true but frankly the only thing that seriously pissed me off and almost ragequit at times were the boss fights, which mostly feel unnecessarily sadistic. It's probably also because of two things: the only option you have in this game is melee, besides the occasional drone attack (which is kinda their spell system) but those are pretty weak and need to be charged up with melee first. You can't just go for a different more accessible playstyle involving ranged combat and such Also, there's no way to seriously farm in this game. Basically the only thing you improve here is your gear and gear is capped by by the area you're in and the enemies you currently encounter - you can and must upgrade your gear but it only goes to the current enemies' level. There's also "core power" that determines how much and how good gear and implants you can equip, but again, it will only really allow you to use the stuff you have already unlocked by finding or looting it.

Still, the game is not that hard: you get skills and various passive upgrades by equipping implants which you find by exploring and you can always respec them for free - some of those are pretty powerful, in particular ones that heal you by executing enemies or spending energy (which, as I mentioned, you build up by attacking in melee). Or you can always focus on equipping as many healing items as possible, which makes the game quite forgiving. Like in Souls you only drop "Tech Scrap" (the game's currency) on death but 1. it's not that valuable, 2. it's usually easy to recover it and 3. you can "bank" it at "Ops" (where you respawn, respec and craft) to keep it safe. The combat may be tough but all the meta mechanics aren't.

If I have a serious complaint it's that the levels are pretty convoluted and there's neither a map nor objective markers and I sometimes got lost. E.g. I completed the objective that I was told by an NPC and then had no idea where to go. Is there a new corner on the current map I have to visit? Can I access a new map from the hub level? It was pretty annoying and I googled the direction two or three times to save some time. Also, too many of the enemies are humanoids for my taste and are fought too similarly. There's some (usually meh) robotic enemies that differ a lot but it feels like throughout most of the game you fight the same enemy, just with different weapons (although those make quite a difference).

Also, I'm not that happy with the gear system. The gear is pretty evenly balanced and mostly differs in character rather than strength. Even the earliest armour makes sense if you just decide to stick with it and upgrade it all the way, it's kinda similar with weapons. Then there's the matter of armour set bonuses: these make armour really differ, e.g. by healing you on kills, making you impervious to gas and acid, make you regenerate stamina more quickly etc. but it also actively discourages mixing armour parts. And The Surge is like the one ARPG where mixing armour parts from different sets looks cool rather than stupid and would make major tactical sense if it weren't for missing set bonuses.

However, all of this didn't really harm the experience that much. Exploring this sci-fi world was pretty satisfying, I liked the story and also the game's USP is pretty fun: you can target different body parts of enemies which kinda reminded me of Dead Space (especially given the at times similar atmosphere). You deal more damage by attacking the unarmoured parts but you can get new gear by cutting off armoured ones - you do that with rather satisfying "execution moves" which cost energy and need you to have dealt most damage against the part you want. It's a fairly simple but surprisingly fun system with some risk & reward stuff going on.

So, I liked it and looking at reviews and user scores I feel like the game got a bit too much criticism just for not being Souls. I hope The Surge 2, to be released in September, will fare much better.

Oh yeah: the ending is a letdown (even if the game doesn't crash).
Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

I honestly don't understand all the flak this game is getting, it's definitely a decent and proper expansion adding around 20 hours of mostly interesting storytelling to the base game(although definitely a bit overpriced considering the amount of content it brings to the table). Locations are a bit more detailed this time, having more hand-drawn feel to them resembling those in Icewind Dale games. Story is mostly OK, there are plenty of side quests to carry out. I especially liked the dwarven lich dungeon. There is also plenty of both new and recurrent characters and a few new companions to choose from. A lot of dialogue is now fully voiced, although quality of voice acting varies from acceptable to nauseatingly bad.

The biggest flaw for me was the way they handled moral choices. In the original there is this weird yet pleasing mixture of lightheartedness and quite dark elements (you are a fireball hurling, sword swinging murderous child of god of murder after all) resulting in sometimes serious and sometimes grotesquely dark and humorous storytelling. Here they basically went with Mass Effect/Dragon Age kind of thing, the one where you respond in either good, neutral or bad way. There is no humour whatsoever (or at least I didn't catch it), all the dialogue feels a bit... stiff. It's definitely nothing compared to the original in this aspect.

And yeah, SJW. Well to be honest, other than one companion being clearly bisexual and one minor character being transgender I didn't really notice any so called "SJW propaganda". SJW/anti-SJW drama aside, it's definitely an interesting if a bit overpriced addition to the Baldur's Gate saga, one that I would recommend to any BG/Infinity Engine fan. I'd give it a strong 7/10, so let's say it's 7.5/10.
Post edited August 01, 2019 by Nadruk
80 Days

A charming little game about Jules Verne's book, where you play Passepartout in his adventures with his master Fogg.

Text-heavy but they are quite well written and enjoyable.
Very replayable, also, because there are so many cities to visit and so many unexpected events!

Recommended if you like short but good games!

So far in 2019: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2019/post24
DOOM (2016)

Really fun game, ran extremely well on my i7-920 + 1050ti. Played on Hurt Me Plenty so it wasn't too challenging, though the final boss was still a doozy. Was annoyed at being locked out of previous parts of levels, requiring replaying through mission-select to get any missed secrets (which give upgrade points and gear and stuff.)
Detroit:Become Human
Regions of Ruin - Thanks again to Lone_Scout for the game.

Can't exactly drop my notes for the review in here now because they're no longer a jumbled mess in a long paragraph but just about the whole review, writing the ideas as I went along and half-ordering too, so now I'll have to actually order properly and flesh things out a bit and may even write it next week. (No chance of this one though.)

Fast action style gameplay really doesn't suit me, but that's only a problem early on, as it won't be too long till you'll be overpowered. First will become so with companions (or in my case one companion), but a bit later it'll be just you, nearly invincible if you make some decent use of sneaking and get the feats and other bonuses for that.
Lots of areas, too many I'd say, there are points of interest in plenty but can get tedious after a while. Not that you need to explore them all, or even most really, but I wanted to. Would have much preferred a similar amount of content but in fewer larger areas... Assuming saving would work well.
On that note, quite an issue, not saving everything when you do, and all in a .json file, with 3 save slots and no info about them, so I kept wondering which was my last save (as I cycled through) when I got back to the game. Notable save issue, in sieges (which are decent ways to break up the monotony of areas), even if you save after it's over, if you reload it'll be as if it never started (but you'll keep the injuries if you have any, those always save!). And if you save in a puzzle, you may find yourself stuck, as it's all reset and you may be inside a block, or between them, or with no way to go back and access a needed switch for example.
But... lots of bugs. Losing any resources gained with forge menu open if you use it, several broken quests to lesser or greater extents (plus some I couldn't figure out, not sure whether broken or not), lots and lots of text issues, in the sense of text not fitting, on top of typos...
But still, for what it tries, not bad, and will keep you interested for quite some time. As for the messages posted when it launched, that's it's a short game, really wouldn't call it such if you do everything.
Beaten the original mount and blade with the Nords now i will probably play warband. Posted here the results https://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/calradia_conquered