It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: Jotun
Wasn't a fan and soon got frustrated and just rushed through it as fast as I could.
.Kaby: I've finished Just Cause 4 Only
DadJoke007: I'm surprised that people actually make it to the end in any Just Cause game. I still play Just Cause 2 and have played it sporadically since the release back in 2010. The sandbox is great, but I will probably never finish the game.

Are the missions better in JC4, or about the same?
My personal opinion - JC 4 is a greate game. The reviews on the Steam platform are very biased
The Messenger. Pretty good Ninja Gaiden homage. You control a ninja fighting the usual demons trying to erase humanity. This is done in one of those retro "8-bit" styles. After a while the game shifts to the future, and everything evolves into a 16-bit style, and then it introduces the concept of moving back and forth in time and starts allowing you to freely explore the map you've been covering through the game so far, becoming more of a Metroid-like game.

The game can be tough in spots but it's generous with checkpoints, it controls pretty well, and a fairly gentle difficulty curve (when I started playing, I was worried that it was way too easy). By the time you finish, you'll be pulling off complex maneuvers involving double-jumps, gliding, grappling hooks, and attacking in between every other move.

The graphics are fine. Like a lot of these retro-games, the graphics aren't really convincing compared to what was seen on actual 8/16-bit systems, but the art is pretty regardless of which style is used and idea of switching between graphical styles to connote time-shifting is kind of clever.
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (12th Jan) Yes at 6:30am

I don't know.It was fun but it is worse than FEAR, the AI is worse, levels are meh and it didn't add anything unique.

Saying that it fees like a FEAR game.
Include me

Stronghold HD on easy. As expected military mission 15,18 and economic 14 (fires) were tough.
Glad I got past mission 18.
Fun to build your castle and to defend it
completed metal slug X today, lets just say getting the achievement completing the game without no continues is pretty much impossible lol, but even so the game is so much fun, and its upto 4 players, its basically gunstar heroes,
Include me, good sir.

January
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - Normal difficulty

February
StarCraft: Remastered (PC) - Base campaign
StarCraft: Remastered (PC) - Brood War campaign
Frostpunk (PC) - A New Home (Main scenario)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - First ending

March
Into the Breach (PC) - Normal difficulty, long campaign
Resident Evil (PS4) - Normal difficulty, Jill playthrough, best ending
The Witness (PS4)
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PS4) - Normal difficulty
Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings (PS4)
Infamous: First Light (PS4) - Normal difficulty

April
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4) - Regular difficulty
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)
Prey (2017 | PS4) - Normal difficulty
Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered (PS4)

May
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4)
Mega Man (PS4)
Mega Man 2 (PS4)

June
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Tomb Raider difficulty
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) - Normal difficulty
Spider-Man (PS4) - Amazing difficulty

July
Watch Dogs (PS4)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) - Normal difficulty
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (PS4) - Easy and Normal difficulty
The Surge (PS4) - First playthrough

August
Mad Max (PS4)
Road Redemption (PS4)
My Name is Mayo (PS4)
Slyde (PS4)
Hitman Go (PS4)
Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior (PC) - Normal difficulty
Battlefield: Hardline (PS4) - Normal difficulty

September
Bastion (PS4) - Normal mode
Quantum Break (XBO) - Normal difficulty
Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO) - Soldier difficulty
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (XBO) - Normal difficulty
Gears of War 2 (X360 game on XBO) - Normal difficulty
Condemned: Criminal Origins (X360 game on XBO)

October
Metro 2033 Redux (PS4) - Survival mode, normal difficulty
Metro: Last Light (PS4) - Survival mode, hardcore difficulty
Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)

November
Gears of War 3 (X360 game on XBO) - Normal difficulty
Gears of War 3: Raam's Shadow (X360 game on XBO) - Normal difficulty
Jill of the Jungle (PC)
Jill Goes Underground (PC)
Jill Saves the Prince (PC)

December
Far Cry 3: Classic Edition (PS4) - Medium difficulty
Diablo (PC) - Warrior
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC) - Medium difficulty
Dungeon Siege (PC) - Normal difficulty
Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna (PC) - Normal difficulty
Flashback: 25th Anniversary Edition (PS4) - Modern mode, normal difficulty
Post edited December 23, 2019 by F4LL0UT
Knightmare Tower

It's free to play on Kongregate, also available on steam (currently $2 in the HB winter sale).

I really had a lot of fun with this, though I'm not sure I'll ever actually max out the 'survival' mode. it's a little too fast twitch for me to really perfect it on KB. As you climb towards 100,000 ft it requires more and more precision, and the keyboard really isn't that precise. So for now I've only finished the "story" mode (with it's own mildly humorous twist on the "princess is in another castle" trope) and gotten about 70% of the way through survival mode.

But, if you ignore the actual goal and just think about it as challenging yourself, I really got a lot better in a few days, and this is likely one I'll keep installed and occasionally return to...and then probably increasing get frustrated with as those well-honed timing and anticipation skills I've built the past few days go away.

But converse to "Dungeon Rushers" I think it really highlights that even a 4ish hour game that's really fun and replayable generally beats just making something long for the sake of it being long.

I really had fun, expect to play again.
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (13th Jan)

Good game but I don't think it was play tested as much as the first two. Some areas are fun to fight in but some are awful.

The graphics are all over the place, Building looks like they were made in 2000/2001 and the good parts feel recycled.
Gorogoa

It left me a bit ... puzzled? Great design, original and interesting mechanics. A kaleidoscope of beautiful pictures and ideas. Quite easily solvable without a walkthrough, only takes one or two hours to complete (I started one evening, quit when I thought I was stuck, continued the next day and finished it). There are elements of a story that you can piece together in your head, but it doesn't seem to be more than an outline, unless I missed a lot or just didn't get it. A nice concept, and well executed, but now that I'm done with it, I'll probably just move on to the next game and forget all about Gorogoa shortly after? *confused shrug*
Finished 2 point'n clicks lately:
- Grim Fandango Remastered: I love this game but puzzle design is a bit awful from time to time. I played it on tabled this time and found it not quite suited to it: playing by small sessions (20-30 minutes) prevented me to remember all required details for some puzzles, there was a lot of backtracking and moving around on the tablet was not always easy.
- Dracula 4: An honest point'n click. Not very long and good puzzles (not too difficult), I actually liked it.

Full list here.
Post edited January 14, 2019 by sebarnolds
WarioWare Smooth Moves, Jan 14 (Wii)-A bizarre, disturbing, awkward, but ultimately fun game. I beat this insofar as any game of this type can be beaten. The Mario Party games I've played are more direct competition with friends. This seems more like watch and laugh as you and your friends act like idiots. Despite some hiccups with the motion sensor picking up the Form Baton I really think it was clever and well suited for the Wii. I haven't played other WarioWare games so I'm not sure how they work on other platforms but this worked very well here.

Full List
Oh yes. I should claim my spot.
River City Ransom. This was a repeat run. The first time I ever finished it was on a 2-day rental after it was originally released, so it's not like it's something that takes much time to beat.

A lot of the attention it gets today tends to be about how quirky it is. Guys saying "BARF!" or "Are we having fun yet?" after you kill them. The goofy gang names (e.g., the Frat Boys, the Generic Dudes). Buying lots of random stuff to up your stats. Your guy happily showing his bare ass when he's visiting the sauna. That's all part of the fun, but the game has an underappreciated fighting system for its time. Anything low enough for you to jump on can be jumped on, and you can exploit that to get better angles during the fighting. You can do various punching and kicking moves, but you can pick up anything on the screen to use as a weapon, and each weapon can either be used to club a guy or be thrown. Knock a guy on the ground? Pick him up and use him as a weapon until he's no more. You can also kick boxes or trash cans across the screen into guys to hurt them in addition to picking them up. It's about as flexible as a fighting system could be for an NES game and really gets across the feeling that a good beat-em-up should of you fighting your way across the setting, improvising as you go along.
Soldier of Fortune

I played it on "challenging", and it certainly was that. It was frustrating when enemies spawn in front and behind you with little time to react. I had fun though! Easily the best magazine-based game I played.
For the final boss, the most consistent stategy to beat him was to repeatedly shoot his head. This was hardly intuitive, but it might make thematic sense. Spoilers. Earlier, the boss shoots and kills your character's partner in the head. So its kinda fitting for your revenge to be likewise (although in the cutscene he dies getting cut in half via ceiling peripheral). Also, headshots are the quickest method to kill most enemies so maybe its sort of fitting in that sense.