It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Swedrami: With HD remasters for Commandos 2: Men of Courage and Praetorians coming up (next week during Gamescom?) GoG might have to delist the originals to make way for the shinier HD versions, Beamdoggy-Dog-style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb90nBvuwl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_GZOmcqJLc
Swedrami: According to the Kalypso Media twitter account there will be no versions of the Commandos 2 HD remaster sporting swastikas and other related symbols, even though such a version would be possible with the recent relaxation of regulations in regards to displaying Third Reich imagery in games and selling them in Germany.

Something to keep in mind in regards to the potential delisting of the original, uncensored version here on GoG.
Just another heads-up in light of the announced release date of 24th January 2020 for both Commandos 2 HD as well as Praetorians HD.
high rated
Children of Morta developers could be in trouble with Iranian law.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/iran-based-developer-summoned-to-court-over-children-of-morta

Best case scenario is the game gets removed from sale. Pick it up while you can.
tremere110: Children of Morta developers could be in trouble with Iranian law.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/iran-based-developer-summoned-to-court-over-children-of-morta

Best case scenario is the game gets removed from sale. Pick it up while you can.
Thanks for the heads-up. Picked it up in the hopes of the money eventually reaching the devs.
tremere110: Children of Morta developers could be in trouble with Iranian law.

The game being removed from sale may be prevented/stopped (except in Iran since it being available there is what started it all) due to the publisher (11 Bit Studio) being based in Poland.

The Devs however, could really end up in serious and I mean serious, trouble given the 'grounds' on which there is a court case in the first place.
Post edited January 06, 2020 by Flyingfluffypiglet
I didn't know the danger to Children of Morta's developer. This is why I stopped going to church, not because I'm not religious anymore, but because I hate people abusing their power.
How fucking stupid.
completely backward that is.
I don't get it.

They are not based in Iran, right?

So stop selling it there. What governing body in Poland is judging that all media is subject to their law?
ShadowWulfe: I don't get it.

So stop selling it there. What governing body in Poland is judging that all media is subject to their law?
Publisher is not and based in Iran no, BUT some of (if not all) the Devs are Iranian and are based there.

It is NOT Poland behind the court case and making media subject to their law, but Iran which on the other hand does just that.

Haven't yet looked into how the game was made available there, but this unfortunately for the Devs was a terrible mistake given what and who we're dealing with here in many respects.

The devs live in Iran and made the game there, afaik, even if the publisher is Polish.
Since the country is now living the equal of our middle ages in term of religion, anything made by one "who should be of pure faith" and considered impure is basically to burn at the stake, a blasphemy in their "holy land".
The religious police (I kid you not, it exists there) and the religious judges won't take that kindly. The game won't probably disappear, but the devs? Well, I wish them speed in escaping.
Post edited January 06, 2020 by Enebias
It's sad and infuriating that something like that is possible in 2020.

Enebias: The devs live in Iran and made the game there, afaik, even if the publisher is Polish.
Since the country is now living the equal of our middle ages in term of religion, anything made by one "who should be of pure faith" and considered impure is basically to burn at the stake, a blasphemy in their "holy land".
The religious police (I kid you not, it exists there) and the religious judges won't take that kindly. The game won't probably disappear, but the devs? Well, I wish them speed in escaping.
I would agree that the publisher is more important. They have a contract which allows them to sell the game and if they are based in Poland I don't see any immediate danger of the game being removed here for everybody. The devs could get punished for even developing such a game but I am not sure if they could be forced to break contract with the publisher. It would not be the first case in which the publishers have the last word to say regarding publishing and/or updates.

I refuse to even say any word about the question if it would be correct for the devs to get punished for developing a harmless videogame. Okay, one word: "No!".
Post edited January 06, 2020 by MarkoH01
Unfortunate that they live in a country run by self appointed enforcers of "heaven's will".

They probably should have looked into it before developing that. Will have get this in support, but their government is the one with the guns, so it's safer for the developer to have followed whatever insanity they believe.
Enebias: The devs live in Iran and made the game there, afaik, even if the publisher is Polish.
MarkoH01: I would agree that the publisher is more important. They have a contract which allows them to sell the game and if they are based in Poland I don't see any immediate danger of the game being removed here for everybody. The devs could get punished for even developing such a game but I am not sure if they could be forced to break contract with the publisher. It would not be the first case in which the publishers have the last word to say regarding publishing and/or updates.

I refuse to even say any word about the question if it would be correct for the devs to get punished for developing a harmless videogame. Okay, one word: "No!".
I'm guessing that if the devs asked 11-bit to remove the game from sale they would - especially given 11-bit devs' history with war and oppression. If Iran tells you to do something you either do it or get out of the country and never return. Punishments in Iran can be pretty severe and inhumane - and ramp up pretty quickly for continued non-compliance. I don't think anyone at 11-bit would want that on their conscience.

And yes, this is all ridiculous. I'm hoping Dead Mage gets away with just a fine (or an acquittal - if that's even possible). Good luck to them!
ConsulCaesar: It's sad and infuriating that something like that is possible in 2020.
How about in 1398? :)