It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
paladin181: Haha No. It's not an "Off Topic" forum. It's a General forum. That means it's for anything gaming related not related to a specific game. Off topic forums are for "anything"
Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
I think I love you, Ashlee. Will you marry me? :o
Mafwek: "War does not determine who is right. Only who is left." -allegedly Bertrand Russell
I've heard "war never changes". Forget who said it...

BlueMooner: I'd like to strongly suggest that GOG make an "off-topic" forum. I REALLY think it would help to cut down on off topic issues constantly popping up in unrelated discussions. I think it would serve as a release, to prevent "pressure" building up in the general forum.
GameRager: It would help but some would likely go offtopic by accident/by human nature a few times anyways....it is a good idea, though.
ALL threads go off-topic, that's inevitable. However when there is no regular outlet for discussions of certain issues, then those concerns/interests will be interjected into conversations, as opposed to occasionally veering off into them. IOW, there will be a lot more of them.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by BlueMooner
low rated
off-topic means off-gaming-topic.with allowances to some misc topics. anyone who thinks any other is a derp
low rated
Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
Let's be honest. When people are asking about "free speech" here, they ask if gaming related politics is allowed. Even if political views go against US far left ideology.

I, for example, remember creating a thread about muslims in games (a gamasutra article on this topic inspired me to do so). This thread was deleted in less than 24 hours. Despite that it was totally civil. Are you saying that you would allow such thread to continue today?
dgnfly: The last time I checked the SJW wanna restrict what other people enjoy while the anti-SJW keep calling the SJW out on it.
To be fair, today people across all political spectrum call SJWs out on their bigotry and hypocricy. "Anti-SJW" term is usually reserved for witch hunters, who see any uncomfortable idea in a game as a sign of devs supporting "social justice".
Post edited June 22, 2019 by LootHunter
So what many people seem to forget is that places like GOG or Neogaf aren't forums like the Roman Forum; a gathering of the populace, they're privately owned and operated, which means what they say, goes.

Every privately owned forum has rules, unspoken rules, and house rules.
low rated
dgnfly:
Mafwek: You should be aware that the closest thing I could be considered politically is left wing anarchist, and I am not going to get into argument over modern culture wars because I find both sides annoying and retarded. I have my own opinion about them, but this is not the place for saying it.

Complete opposite, games I mentioned tried to replicate real world to the fullest, and went far more deeply into their thematic problem then today's games; and that's why they were interesting to me.
The games you mention take parts of the real world it still has a basis of fantasy or a What if scenario of what the future might be or what metal gear solid is an alternate history or retelling with over the topic Anime characteristics. They are far from actually being realistic they just use nods towards real life. Twisting the pas or making a futuristic game doesn't make it close to real life or else you could say any games that use realistic graphics and is set in the real world is trying to do some sort of political push.

Even the devs of the game Civilization 6 tried the pandering route with their alteration of South Koreans queen Seon Deok. Total war Rome did a pandering moment where it goes from a realistic simulator to a fantasy one. There is a big ho you use the realistic setting and right now they are trying to seel fantasy setting as Historically accurate.
low rated
CordisDia:
Cadaver747: Forget about Steam rules. Read GOG Code of Conduct as was advised by others and please send me a link (in private or here) regarding battle of Vienna against Ottoman Empire. I absolutely have to see this.
A better read is the Australian 'Emu Wars'.
Spoiler alert- The Emu's were good at winning surprisingly.

Back on topic regardless to Darvonds comment if a peron is actively looking for a place that respects his free speech the act of curating idea's is in itself a censorship of free speech.
Will he fair any better here.
No.
Should he move on.. well this is the only real place for a DRM-Free digital storefront so if free speech is more important to him.. then yes.
If it's not and he wants to sacrifice free speech to do business with someone trying to serve the customer their fair use... well these days also yes because Galaxy in itself is a form of DRM.

Literally if your concerned about any fairness or rights your gonna find your options not just limitted; but simply not on the table.
Privacy, Free Speech, Digital Rights; the only thing that matters under capitalism is dollars because not having them will ruin you and if the only way you keep them is to play ball then your either gonna roll over and keep playing or your gonna try and take your ball and go home to find you have no ball or when you get there a home; metaphorically speaking.

I say turn to roleplay & boardgames among friends *thumbs up.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by MaceyNeil
low rated
StingingVelvet: The extreme stuff should be called out, on both sides... censorship and actual racism/sexism are both bad. However on every gaming forum now-a-days it seems like an endless war with both sides spending all their time complaining about the other. I don't think it's healthy, it's an obsession. If you're talking about that stuff more than fun games, you're probably doing it wrong.
GameRager: I agree only the most extreme stuff should be foucused on/fought against or brought up and people shouldn't be fighting all the time. 100% agree. If I could givge you +2 I would.

paladin181: Haha No. It's not an "Off Topic" forum. It's a General forum. That means it's for anything gaming related not related to a specific game. Off topic forums are for "anything"
GameRager: Then shouldn't iot be called "general gaming" forum, then?

Also as Ashleee stated after this post: It had a little bit of other things as well. :)

dgnfly: The last time I checked the SJW wanna restrict what other people enjoy while the anti-SJW keep calling the SJW out on it. The problem is that the gaming media and even now games Publishers are pandering towards the SJW type nutjobs so we who just wanna enjoy our games uncensored and without politics are getting it forced down our throat, Centrist like you seem to think we should just be ok with all this bullshit censorship and agenda's in games you'll just stand on the sidelines like the NPC you are, Hence why you can't see the difference cause it takes effort to stand for something.

We do discuss games we discussed why they are rejected for nonsensical reasons and we even discussed the implication of politics in them it's just people like you would rather stick the head in the sand and be ignorant.
GameRager: I think SV isn't an NPC...eh's just sik of the constant arguments on both sides all the time online, and I can see where he's coming from a bit on that.
He's a centrist so he's an NPC, he the kind that will bitch about things but won't pick a side in the fight so he'll just complain about it but that's all he'll do. IF we keep quite you might as well concede to the SJW way and let them just push their agenda in gaming cause they sure as hell won't be stopping the push for indoctrination.

I'm sick of the constant agenda pushing and censorship in gaming but saying nothing or calling things out won't change anything at all, So I'd rather call it out and be called annoying instead of letting it run its course. At least there has been some good news with Certain people going broke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTRbis9WHw
low rated
LootHunter: Let's be honest. When people are asking about "free speech" here, they ask if gaming related politics is allowed. Even if political views go against US far left ideology.

I, for example, remember creating a thread about muslims in games (a gamasutra article on this topic inspired me to do so). This thread was deleted in less than 24 hours. Despite that it was totally civil. Are you saying that you would allow such thread to continue today?
dgnfly: The last time I checked the SJW wanna restrict what other people enjoy while the anti-SJW keep calling the SJW out on it.
LootHunter: To be fair, today people across all political spectrum call SJWs out on their bigotry and hypocricy. "Anti-SJW" term is usually reserved for witch hunters, who see any uncomfortable idea in a game as a sign of devs supporting "social justice".
The problem with SJW politics is that they are pretty prevalent with gaming devs hence why their Twitter mostly shows the person behind a certain studio You'll see who they really are. There are plenty of devs that are proud to virtue signal cause they think it nets them more profit. How will you judge something that goes on behind the scenes? so you judge them on their actions as a whole and seeing as Square Enix, for instance, has An ethical department for it seems boobs cause now they can be offensive when they hit a certain size. When suddenly fictional characters need certain codes of ethics it becomes beyond retarded.

I, for instance, wouldn't call the people behind Senran Kagura SJW cause they are honest and upfront they themselves just call out why they need to do it, Hence why Sony has become nothing more than an SJW company cause it uses a double standard when it comes to what kind of sexiness is or isn't allowed on their platform. The question is at what point would you see a company virtue signal? When classic games now get remade with today's political and ethical bullshit it sure shows they have become more like SJW especially when you factor in games are fictional, to begin with.
low rated
Suggestion : Just open a new off topic section in the forum and name it to " The Hell " and let the losers ( i mean users ) kill each other in there . :)
low rated
dgnfly: How will you judge something that goes on behind the scenes? so you judge them on their actions as a whole and seeing as Square Enix, for instance, has An ethical department for it seems boobs cause now they can be offensive when they hit a certain size. When suddenly fictional characters need certain codes of ethics it becomes beyond retarded.

I, for instance, wouldn't call the people behind Senran Kagura SJW cause they are honest and upfront they themselves just call out why they need to do it, Hence why Sony has become nothing more than an SJW company cause it uses a double standard when it comes to what kind of sexiness is or isn't allowed on their platform. The question is at what point would you see a company virtue signal? When classic games now get remade with today's political and ethical bullshit it sure shows they have become more like SJW especially when you factor in games are fictional, to begin with.
I'm not arguing with that. I'm just saying that not every action that potentially pleases SJWs is actually pushing SJ-politics. Like, if you see that in new Commander Keen there is two characters instead of one - was it done to add a girl for "gender balance"? Probably. Was it virtue signalling? Maybe. But is actually having brother and sister as game protagonists makes the remake to push some agenda? No - the fact itself doesn't make any statement, just like it didn't in all those old games that had several male/female protagonists.

I've seen people today, who called "Ion Maiden" SJW game, simply because it has a woman as protagonist and her otfit is not as revealing as it was on concepts from earlier 90-s. Shelly is a cop - that's why cop uniform with full cover armor (instead of a hooker-like outfit) makes sense.

Compare situation with "Ion Maiden" and full cover armor for female characters in "Mortal Kombat". In MK it doesn't make sense, because they are martial artists, just like men. And men in latest Mortal Kombat wear rather revealing outfit, while women (except for Ketana) are fully covered. Now THAT is some SJW BS, because as I've said, having male fighers wearing lightest clothes, while women wrapped in body armor makes no sense in-game wise. And some dev statements about "you don't go into the fight bare-chested" IS BS, because men ARE bare-chested.

So, what I'm saying is - you should make that kind of distinction. Because this is what separates a person who is simply critical of SJWs and "anti-SJW" who just makes accusations instinctively.

P.S. Sony's "ethical department" is totally an SJW nest. Exactyl for the reason that they censor female characters based on US SJW standards, not Japanese liberal standards.
low rated
dgnfly: How will you judge something that goes on behind the scenes? so you judge them on their actions as a whole and seeing as Square Enix, for instance, has An ethical department for it seems boobs cause now they can be offensive when they hit a certain size. When suddenly fictional characters need certain codes of ethics it becomes beyond retarded.

LootHunter: I'm not arguing with that. I'm just saying that not every action that potentially pleases SJWs is actually pushing SJ-politics. Like, if you see that in new Commander Keen there is two characters instead of one - was it done to add a girl for "gender balance"? Probably. Was it virtue signalling? Maybe. But is actually having brother and sister as game protagonists makes the remake to push some agenda? No - the fact itself doesn't make any statement, just like it didn't in all those old games that had several male/female protagonists.

I've seen people today, who called "Ion Maiden" SJW game, simply because it has a woman as protagonist and her otfit is not as revealing as it was on concepts from earlier 90-s. Shelly is a cop - that's why cop uniform with full cover armor (instead of a hooker-like outfit) makes sense.

Compare situation with "Ion Maiden" and full cover armor for female characters in "Mortal Kombat". In MK it doesn't make sense, because they are martial artists, just like men. And men in latest Mortal Kombat wear rather revealing outfit, while women (except for Ketana) are fully covered. Now THAT is some SJW BS, because as I've said, having male fighers wearing lightest clothes, while women wrapped in body armor makes no sense in-game wise. And some dev statements about "you don't go into the fight bare-chested" IS BS, because men ARE bare-chested.

So, what I'm saying is - you should make that kind of distinction. Because this is what separates a person who is simply critical of SJWs and "anti-SJW" who just makes accusations instinctively.

P.S. Sony's "ethical department" is totally an SJW nest. Exactyl for the reason that they censor female characters based on US SJW standards, not Japanese liberal standards.
I don't think being able to pick more genders is the problem but more the subtle politics and Gender/Race nods in the narrative of the game or even complete revisions to make them seem more inclusive.

I wouldn't see Ion maiden as an SJW game for having a women let alone an outfit change but it does depend on what the game is trying to portray and its more an homage towards Duke Nukem but when we, for example, look at FF7 new remake it tries to destroy part of the original games for ethical reason which I would say fall under SJW practices and like you mention same goes for mortal kombat destroying a games original image to pander to the easily offended that need virtue signaling points.

When people try to dictate what you are and aren't allowed to enjoy they try to enforce their version of social justice on you by thinking their moral/Ethical standard is above yours and they'll deem anything they say as moral righteous while most being full of shit on the logical front. Why would we need to be moral/Ethical right when the subject is fictional? people seem more hung up these days on the fictional matter than real ones. the notion that games or movies or any form of entertainment might trigger somebody to do something bad would mean you'd have to kill all forms of entertainment cause something might happen. Now there is even a study to see if men are more sexist towards women because of video games.
Women turned out to be more sexist yet the men still get blamed.
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/06/bogus-study-attempts-to-measure-effects-sexualized-game-characters-have-on-sexual-harassment/86976/

The problem is that SJW is more organized into the hipster journalist and other scumbags that rule the gaming media front, Plus a lot of devs are more politically incline to be Social justice types cause they wanna make a name for themselves. Anti-SJW is just the small man tired of being bossed around and forced to endure the relentless pandering and complaining about how bad the past is and all that other Political bullshit that comes with it. If a person is critical of both side you just need a simply do research and see things from a logical viewpoint instead of making it easier for yourself and just put both in the same corner cause you can't be bothered to research what it's all about.

Right now the SJW types are complaining and enforcing their fascistic Ideology on everything so it's not weird the other side is trying to counter it or just trolling it to show a double standard.

Freedom of choice/Freedom of expression is what it comes down to with the battle for SJW/Anti-SJW and right now the gaming hipsters are using their journalistic position to make it miserable for people who care little for pandering. For some reason, Japanese Devs are mostly discriminated against bu the gaming market for not applying political correctness but sadly that is changing with all the nutjobs in the industry with their garbage ideologies.

Sony is now the biggest example of what happens when you are invested with SJW and the result is censorship of anything they don't like to the point of not being able to play the games you want uncensored, And GOG sure is mimicking that with their curation system and the joke that people defend restriction of games here.
i_hope_you_rot: Suggestion : Just open a new off topic section in the forum and name it to " The Hell " and let the losers ( i mean users ) kill each other in there . :)
I agree but they need to go through the recaptha thingy 50 times before they can get in.
Tauto: I agree but they need to go through the recaptha thingy 50 times before they can get in.
Hehe .
Tauto: I agree but they need to go through the recaptha thingy 50 times before they can get in.
i_hope_you_rot: Hehe .
I just signed out as the purple dot came on and came back to see a (Hehe) and thought ''Yep,got me''...:)