It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
dgnfly: But simply questioning this makes people go mental over here it seems. Releasing, for instance, their rejected games don't affect those users in any way yet they can't even cope with you wanting them or questioning or make fun of GOG's lame Curation.
The most likely reason that people here 'go mental' in threads about games rejected by GOG is that those threads seem to occur for every bloody one of them. Thread after thread asking "OMG!! Why isn't <insert-fave-game> here on GOG! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they sold it here, so there is literally no reason for them not selling it here except that they personally hate me!"

You can perhaps understand everyone else (for whom such a game is not, actually, the second coming of Christ) becoming a little tired of that?

If you want a game here, vote for it on the wishlist and wait. If GOG sees an economic case for the game being here, I am more than confident that they will attempt to acquire it. But be prepared to accept that there may be more reasons than become public that a game doesn't appear here, and it's not a conspiracy against anyone if it doesn't.
This is a store's official forum.
low rated
dgnfly: ....we who just wanna enjoy our games uncensored and without politics are getting it forced down our throat, Centrist like you...
1) Some of the best games of all times are full of politics - Deus Ex, VtM. Bloodlines, Fallout, Metal Gear, Alpha Centuari, etc. Nobody wants gaming as a media completely without politics.

2) Liberalism/centrism is the most reasonable and efficient ideological position you can have.
low rated
dgnfly: ....we who just wanna enjoy our games uncensored and without politics are getting it forced down our throat, Centrist like you...
Mafwek: 1) Some of the best games of all times are full of politics - Deus Ex, VtM. Bloodlines, Fallout, Metal Gear, Alpha Centuari, etc. Nobody wants gaming as a media completely without politics.
There used to be a great thread about this.
I say great because it was very civil, and really fascinating; just people talking about games that dealt with politics, how they dealt with them, and how it effected the game (mostly in terms of actual game play ie: did it make the game a grind, more complex, too complex. etc).

I love politics and diplomacy in a game, UNLESS it has a bad interface! :P
It's hard to be left or right when you can't even figure out how to manage your goddamn options because of poor design. :P
Post edited June 21, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: There used to be a great thread about this.
I say great because it was very civil, and really fascinating; just people talking about games that dealt with politics, how they dealt with them, and how it effected the game (mostly in terms of actual game play ie: did it make the game a grind, more complex, too complex. etc).

It's hard to be left or right when you can't even figure out how to manage your goddamn options because of poor design. :P
"War does not determine who is right. Only who is left." -allegedly Bertrand Russell
low rated
tinyE: There used to be a great thread about this.

Mafwek: "War does not determine who is right. Only who is left." -allegedly Bertrand Russell
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Oh wait, wrong thread. Ooops.
dgnfly: TO be fair there was a lot of locked threads before you start asking why certain thread get locked in like 24/7 simply for questioning hot topic points which in my opinion were nothing more than the problems of gaming today regarding politics and policies. I personally don't like the notion of small talk so I'd rather the discuss pressing matter instead of simple things hence why you mostly see me in threads that criticize GOG or bring points to light that I personally think needs changing and with SJW being disease that now infected gaming I would like to point out things that look similar.

And I know people keep saying GOG isn't SJW you can't excuse their past for apologizing towards them for a simple tweet even going so far as to fire the guy behind it cause people were offended. I'm used to sites where everything goes and if the person feels offended he can just leave the conversation.
StingingVelvet: All "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" do is whine. You're two sides of the same coin, the permanently aggrieved. The "small talk" you're complaining about is people having fun with games and discussing them, which is what the forum is actually for.
This.
It gets ridiculous on both sides.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by dudalb
low rated
dgnfly: But simply questioning this makes people go mental over here it seems. Releasing, for instance, their rejected games don't affect those users in any way yet they can't even cope with you wanting them or questioning or make fun of GOG's lame Curation.
ncameron: The most likely reason that people here 'go mental' in threads about games rejected by GOG is that those threads seem to occur for every bloody one of them. Thread after thread asking "OMG!! Why isn't <insert-fave-game> here on GOG! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they sold it here, so there is literally no reason for them not selling it here except that they personally hate me!"

You can perhaps understand everyone else (for whom such a game is not, actually, the second coming of Christ) becoming a little tired of that?

If you want a game here, vote for it on the wishlist and wait. If GOG sees an economic case for the game being here, I am more than confident that they will attempt to acquire it. But be prepared to accept that there may be more reasons than become public that a game doesn't appear here, and it's not a conspiracy against anyone if it doesn't.
The reason it happens so much is that GOG is rejecting games without a valid basis they just give the same generic tagline which gives the impression they seem to be picking more on personal taste instead of judging it on actual classifications.

Voting has been shown to be pointless or else some of the rejected games would have been released here already. And if GOG thinks short term profits will be worth it, in the long run, they pretty much wrong cause there would be little reason for Niche gamers to buy their games here since they get rejected simply for being a certain genre.
low rated
Mafwek: 1) Some of the best games of all times are full of politics - Deus Ex, VtM. Bloodlines, Fallout, Metal Gear, Alpha Centuari, etc. Nobody wants gaming as a media completely without politics.

2) Liberalism/centrism is the most reasonable and efficient ideological position you can have.
All those games are just What if moments they are based mostly on the past and an imagined version but nothing grounded in today's Gender/Race politics which is what games like Battlefield are full of fake propaganda games with totally inaccurate retellings of real-world settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAlAITCBprI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88jhgNtZ4UY
You'll need to log into youtube to view the video considering Youtube deems historical accuracy offensive nowadays.

The games you mentioned have a more neutral playfield but still simply uses some reverses from real-world locations and events but it doesn't try to replicate the real world in it's fullest. Creators are inspired by what's around them but that doesn't mean you can't use it but it does depend on how you do it. These days games writers and media writers are nothing more than fan-fiction writers.

Centrist would be nice if it solved anything but the problem with centrism is you never take action even when the moment calls for it. Centrism is why SJW people can take hold of media and other institution and pump their doctrine through it. I'd rather side with the side that talks reason and tries to counter it. If you look at the centrist during WW2 you'll see they are the reason the extreme right took power so easily cause they just stood at the sidelines and never bothered to pick a side or bothered to fight.

When moral outrage is the excuse for the left to force censorship you have to pick the side that still opposes it and if that side switches you switch again to the one that talks common sense.
low rated
dgnfly:
You should be aware that the closest thing I could be considered politically is left wing anarchist, and I am not going to get into argument over modern culture wars because I find both sides annoying and retarded. I have my own opinion about them, but this is not the place for saying it.

Complete opposite, games I mentioned tried to replicate real world to the fullest, and went far more deeply into their thematic problem then today's games; and that's why they were interesting to me.
low rated
GameRager: 1. If all/most antis stopped trying to point out the lies SOME of them say who would discredit/out"shout" them and keep companies from listening to them as much? Or do you believe it's a lost cause not worth fighting for?
StingingVelvet: The extreme stuff should be called out, on both sides... censorship and actual racism/sexism are both bad. However on every gaming forum now-a-days it seems like an endless war with both sides spending all their time complaining about the other. I don't think it's healthy, it's an obsession. If you're talking about that stuff more than fun games, you're probably doing it wrong.
I agree only the most extreme stuff should be foucused on/fought against or brought up and people shouldn't be fighting all the time. 100% agree. If I could givge you +2 I would.

GameRager: 2. This forum(to be fair) is for anything not gaming related hence the general forums label.
paladin181: Haha No. It's not an "Off Topic" forum. It's a General forum. That means it's for anything gaming related not related to a specific game. Off topic forums are for "anything"
Then shouldn't iot be called "general gaming" forum, then?

Also as Ashleee stated after this post: It had a little bit of other things as well. :)

StingingVelvet: All "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" do is whine. You're two sides of the same coin, the permanently aggrieved. The "small talk" you're complaining about is people having fun with games and discussing them, which is what the forum is actually for.
dgnfly: The last time I checked the SJW wanna restrict what other people enjoy while the anti-SJW keep calling the SJW out on it. The problem is that the gaming media and even now games Publishers are pandering towards the SJW type nutjobs so we who just wanna enjoy our games uncensored and without politics are getting it forced down our throat, Centrist like you seem to think we should just be ok with all this bullshit censorship and agenda's in games you'll just stand on the sidelines like the NPC you are, Hence why you can't see the difference cause it takes effort to stand for something.

We do discuss games we discussed why they are rejected for nonsensical reasons and we even discussed the implication of politics in them it's just people like you would rather stick the head in the sand and be ignorant.
I think SV isn't an NPC...eh's just sik of the constant arguments on both sides all the time online, and I can see where he's coming from a bit on that.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: 1. That seems fair, but if you stay on one tack/stay always on the offensive(the sports term not taking offense offensive) it's not going to convince many to come around to your side and will turn many off.

2. I get your frustration but you know the old saying...you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....well the same applies here. If you want people to listen you need to be more civil and not diss anyone too much just because they take a stance against what you are holding. You also need to participate in the forums beyond just complaints about problems here.

Again I offer this all as advice to help not to sound overly mean. :)
dgnfly: 1. I'm not starting a religion or a cult so I need nobody really on my side, like so many things people will take sides on their personal bias regarding certain topics. hence why I wouldn't ever hang around people that are offended 24/7 cause that would take the fun out of life and I personally would not trust them. Most of the time the nicer the person the more skeletons in the closet they have.

2. I think you're more of an optimist while I'm more skeptic towards people and their idea of understanding common sense. Even the idea of questioning GOG curation seems to upset people while it's a simple question in general, It's curation tries to dictate what people can enjoy on the platform so there could be personal bias involved, But simply questioning this makes people go mental over here it seems. Releasing, for instance, their rejected games don't affect those users in any way yet they can't even cope with you wanting them or questioning or make fun of GOG's lame Curation.

the whole idea of talking about a game for the fun of it I think is a stupid concept cause I'd rather just play it and experience it. When it comes to conversations I'd rather have them about more serious matters.

I'm pro Free speech so in my opinion you're allowed to say anything mean or offensive.
1. Yes, but if you want to get along with people it's best to try to get along with people. Also you're seemingly not just saying what you say to talk to yourself so you must be trying to convinve others, and to do that you need to be less "hostile" and more civil in tone/nature.

Also imo not every nice person has tons of skeletons in the closet.

2. I am an optimist and I think it's not everyone against your ideas but maybe afew, and some others likely dislike hearing about it so much more than being against it perse.

3. You may find it stupid but I and others actually find it fun to discuss games we like...that's kinda the main role of this site's forums, imo,. :)

4. You can say it but be aware that others have the right to get offended by it if it's truly offensive and if that happens you know who you have to blame for that.

ncameron: The most likely reason that people here 'go mental' in threads about games rejected by GOG is that those threads seem to occur for every bloody one of them. Thread after thread asking "OMG!! Why isn't <insert-fave-game> here on GOG! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they sold it here, so there is literally no reason for them not selling it here except that they personally hate me!"

Many good points, but you DO know the wishlist is essentially the bottom level importance when they pick games for the site, right?

There are games higher in the list that they have the IP holders on board for not being added to gog while items lower in the list are added more often.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by GameRager
Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
Oh I get it. I know it's a catch-all, but It's not specifically off-topic. As in It is for gaming related conversations among others.
Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
I'd like to strongly suggest that GOG make an "off-topic" forum. I REALLY think it would help to cut down on off topic issues constantly popping up in unrelated discussions. I think it would serve as a release, to prevent "pressure" building up in the general forum.
low rated
BlueMooner: I'd like to strongly suggest that GOG make an "off-topic" forum. I REALLY think it would help to cut down on off topic issues constantly popping up in unrelated discussions. I think it would serve as a release, to prevent "pressure" building up in the general forum.
It would help but some would likely go offtopic by accident/by human nature a few times anyways....it is a good idea, though.

Well as long as people don't go in it just to complain about the topics within.......